First step towards Centurion build for ANH Stunt Stormtrooper

Step on is complete! Armor and helmet kits have been ordered from RS Prop Masters. I am beyond excited about starting this build.

Now on to buying:

Boots

Holster

Under suit

Gloves

Blaster

I also need to buy some more supplies for the build. I have secured a dremel from a friend, so I am good there. I have found a list on the forum of what supplies I should pick up...can't remember who posted it, but I will take stuff from there.

My goal is to be totally built by next November so that I can be in our city's Christmas parade. So, when the BBB comes in, the pictures will begin! Can't wait!

d40e302b7bcb3df2dc2495417b0b6fac.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sweet that it's pretty much trimmed.  Painting my first helmet was harder than I thought.  That vocoder can be tricky *, though IIRC someone made a sweet template.

* In the end my wife did it - she has better hand/eye coordination.

• Like 1

Also, I am putting my order in for my TK Boots this week, hoping that they have my size. For a blaster, because it is not a part of the approval process, I have decided to buy a Rubies E-11 blaster and make it myself. That way, if the kiddies want to see it and are rough with it, not a big deal. As well, don't have money for a replica one..

Other stuff I am ordering: neck seal, holster and belt, gloves with hand guards and buying a two piece undersuit at a local store, without any logos. Still don't know what I am doing brackets or what... Maybe someone can help me decide on that.

Any suggestions for any of these items, would be appreciated!

Currently gathering the rest of my tools as well, borrowing from different friends because I don't want to buy them... Lol. I have already gotten a rivot tool, dremel and some clamps. Need more magnets as well. I need to drive to a hobby shop in another town to purchase a pair of lexan scissors because I haven't found any in my city. Unless there is another option??

Anyways, I think I have covered everything up until this point. I hope to start a little bit this weekend. Been basically reading a bunch of threads and getting familiar with stuff this week, so far.

If I have forgotten to mention anything, please let me know!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, m3tal_man84 said:

because it is not a part of the approval process

It`s not for 501st approval but EIB and Centurion it is.

9 minutes ago, m3tal_man84 said:

Still don't know what I am doing brackets or what...

I use brackets and that works great and it`s screen-accurate (love that) however you can`t take the torso apart, for that snaps work great:duim:

17 minutes ago, m3tal_man84 said:

Unless there is another option??

I used a knife and tin-snips but I hear the lexan works like a charm so might be worth the trip:)

Best of luck on your build -  here`s to becoming a Stormtrooper:salute:

• Like 1

I went with snaps (and velcro in a couple spots) because my return edges were pretty flimsy and I didn't want to deal with all the extra shimming/reinforcing that would've entailed. Being able to break down my kit if anything ever happens is a nice bonus though - although with a screwdriver the same can be said for the bracket system.

Edited by Harbinger
  • Like 1