Yosh's R1 TK Build

yoshix

20190429-083709.jpg

So I mentioned I ordered shoretrooper shins from 850 Armor works, it look a little bit but this is what came in. 

20190429-083806.jpg

As you can see they are a bit longer than Jim's. I found Jim's to be the perfect height for me, so it took me a minute to think about how I wanted to cut them down. Because I wanted that swoop as high up as possible I couldn't just cut it off the bottom. 

20190429-092042.jpg

That's right, I went with the hard way, because this thread isn't long enough as it is. All of them got the tops cut off and re attached.

20190502-090711.jpg

The insides needed to be higher to match outsides so I had to take more off and attach an extra piece to the bottom (doesn't help with flexibility but looks right.) 20190501-081711.jpg

The bottoms are a bit  too pointy (right) for me so I rounded them (left) to be more accurate. 

20190503-090014.jpg

After much sanding and bondo and sanding and resin and sanding, then I thought - hey, no one is really going to get down eye level and thoroughly examine them, well not in person anyway. 

Damn, I am off the forum for a few months and look at what you have gotten into. Awesome job on the new shins, I am still waiting on 850 to get me my ab plate and belt box. Anyword on when they will have the TK available?

7 hours ago, 11b30b4 said:

Anyword on when they will have the TK available?

Unknown. I keep checking back to there Facebook page to get an idea of what it looks like and to see the progress. 

20190507-161022.jpg

Attaching the cover strips and knee plate. 

20190513-080750.jpg

After so bondo and sanding. 

20190520-213217.jpg

And finally after paint and some weathering here is a few comparison shots. Left is the old, right is new.

20190520-213232.jpg

Its not perfect but that side view makes all the difference for me. 

IMG-20190529-162715.jpg

And lastly testing them out. Sorry I dont have any full body pictures yet, it will be a few weeks before I can take some. In the end I am so very happy with them! I kind of rushed it on a few parts but I think they turned out great. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 11b30b4 said:

BTW Yosh, what did the shins cost from AW?

I paid $75 including shipping. You thinking about getting some?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Erice3339 said:

Always up to something creative it seems. Nice work on the shins! You're bringing this kit to Supercon, right? 

I would like to. Now that the helmet and shins are done I'd like to start taking this costume out more.

• Like 1