Yosh's R1 TK Build

yoshix

• 2 weeks later...

A few people have pointed out that the pauldron is inaccurate. I finally got around to fixing it. The conection pieces should be attached underneath and have white material on them.

20180213_160333_1.jpg

• Like 2

I am one with the force, the force is one with me

20180222_082109_1.jpg

I got the buckles in but one came in smaller than the others 

Decided to use it though 

Edited by yoshix
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2018 at 10:14 PM, Big Deal said:

How rigid is your ab section where it attaches to the cod and the butt. Were you able to keep some flexibility once the belt went over top? I’m worried about things getting to tight and locking together.

I was hoping to have more movement seeing as everything is separate. But no, it's still very confining. Maybe a hair better than my TK though. Does that answer your question? 

In regards to sitting, I think I have an idea on how that can be done more freely. The belt tends to stay stationary, so there's no room for movement when you articulate. So I think what can be done is if you cut some slots in the belt section of the abdomen, and slip some eleastic or nylon strapping through that and connect it to the belt from behind, it can move forward if you bend down. 

I have yet to try this, but if it helps you I'd say give it a go and let us now how it works :) 

• Like 1

On 3/25/2018 at 10:12 AM, yoshix said:

I was hoping to have more movement seeing as everything is separate. But no, it's still very confining. Maybe a hair better than my TK though. Does that answer your question? 

That answers it. As I was fitting everything together it sort of seemed to be "locking together" so I was worries that I was missing something With the belt over the joints for the butt and cod, it looks good but seemed to negate the possibility to have flexibility there.

29680934_10156363659969430_1392354913_o_

29527353_10156363659154430_1969647060_o_

I finished up my pack. I am thinking about dyeing the alice pack to be a little darker though. 

20180323_150517_1.jpg

29527614_10156363656809430_1260285689_o_

Just like a Jedi to stab you in the back, pack. 

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2018 at 3:01 PM, darthcue said:

I don't have it on my kit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a kit from Jimmi this week amd it has it. I asked him about it and he said to fill it in.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, yoshix said:

20180122_090100_1.jpg

My solution for the brow line was cut off the black top, sand it and glue it back on.

It took about 1/8 off. I also had to cut a little off the back of the cap so that it lines up.

The tape is just to hold it together for now. I want to make sure I'm not doing anything else to the helmet before I glue it together.

Hey man!  Love this build.  Quick question...when you say you "sanded it" do you mean the black brow or face section above the eyes?  I started do this mod myself and just wanted to make sure.  Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey everybody! Sorry its been so long since I've checked in here. 

20190202-104543.jpg

I've got a few challenges to show. I forgot to take pictures of what i cut so i just drew it in red. You can see that the chest plate has the wrong shape to it so i cut it. Also that little bit off the thighs. You can also see in the comparison shot that the hand plates are rounded. Which makes sense, almost everything is rounded to prevent injuries when doing stunts. 

IMG-20190202-104310.jpg

And last but not least, my bobblehead helmet. I've finished the sculpt for my new helmet and am in the process of molding it now. 

20190201-191935.jpg

I really hope it turns out as good as I think it will. More updates when the helmet is finished. 

• Like 1

20190209-124415-01.jpg

I'm so close to finishing my helmet. As you can see the bobblehead problem is no more. I just need to finish painting. I'm having a bit of trouble matching the white on my armor but I think after I put a little weathering on it won't be noticeable.

20190209-135109.jpg

The last thing I need to do is make a mold for the vocoder. I'm just waiting for some molding stuff to come in the mail hopefully tomorrow. 

20190209-124300.jpg

I'm so looking forward to buttoning this project up. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great job on the helmet, any plans to offer these to others?

I'd love to start offering these helmets. Unfortunately, if i am going to sell them I need to make some changes to the main mold. So most likely I wouldn't be able to offer them for a few months. 

If you would like to be the first on my list, let me know. I do have to warn you though, these helmets are smaller than a typical tk. I'll be posting some size comparisons to the Black Series soon.

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 9:07 AM, yoshix said:

I'd love to start offering these helmets. Unfortunately, if i am going to sell them I need to make some changes to the main mold. So most likely I wouldn't be able to offer them for a few months. 

19 minutes ago, Parquette said:

How much will you be selling your helmets for?

20 hours ago, Parquette said:

How much will you be selling your helmets for?

$250, sound like a lot compared to the Black series but trust me, a great deal of work has go into this. I was thinking $200 for the first 5 helmet. 

20190211-202832.jpg

Here is a side by side comparison next to the Black series. You can see how much more accurate the details are. 

Still waiting on what I need to finish the vocoder. 

I'm kind of a perfectionist is I'm not all that happy with my paint job. In the photos it looks okay but when you look up close its a little shabby. 

• Like 3