Yosh's R1 TK Build

yoshix

24 minutes ago, yoshix said:

20180114_104557_1.jpg

I forgot to mention that I decided to glue down the kidney plate. That way it always sits flush on the one side. 

20180114_104620_1.jpg

I put a snap on the bottom of the opposite side to close it. 

i think your backplate is upside down?

2 hours ago, darthcue said:

i think your backplate is upside down?

That's actually the way it came. I rounded the top so that it fits under the back plate better. I suppose I could have rounded the bottom to be more accurate as well but at the moment I'm not worried about it. 

Edited by yoshix
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, yoshix said:

I used fabric that hopefully looks enough like the screen used helmets. That way they still let air in. 

That's a fantastic idea.  I think I even have an old tshirt that would be the right colour.....

• Like 1

I was able to paint the thighs today and hopefully  (with my wife's participation) I can get some pictures tomorrow.

20180115_090109_1.jpg

I started on the backpack. the first thing is the white canisters are too small so I'm remaking them using some tubing I had lying around. I cut circles and glued them to the ends to seal them up.

20180115_160056_1.jpg

Then I resined them. It made some tiny bubble in some areas, if they don't sand out I'll have to resin them again. 

On 1/16/2018 at 9:45 AM, THMAustin said:

It would be great to see pic of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep forgetting to take a few pictures of some spots. Maybe soon I'll remember 

20180116_173942_Richtone_HDR_1.jpg

Had another great test fit, I learned a lot. I'll be making some changes as I found some problems. For one the butt plate is too low. Also the shoulder bells need to be higher more flush with the sholder straps.

I'm still not happy with the shins. I think my mods helped but I'm looking into some alternative. I really don't want to rebuild them

• Like 3

Yowza!!!

The only major adjustment glaring at me would be the cod piece. I think it's a little 2 wide, and should be taken in a little. Remember, these are much more mobile, meaning bigger gaps in between the armor parts. 

20180117_134356_1_1.jpg

I've been getting some work done on the backpack, if you want to see more pictures of that process check out

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/15485-yoshs-build/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-198969

Edited by yoshix
  • Like 1

20180118_083246_1.jpg

Here's what I got done today. I cut the armpit line down even more and cut he bottom of the belt line off. That way I have room to bring the butt plate up under the belt.20180118_151336_1.jpg

I noticed that the two halves of the belt aren't lining up right so I moved this snap down just a little. Hopefully that will do the trick.

20180118_134729_1.jpg

I noticed that the straps that run between the chest and back were getting caught on the kidney plate, so I trimming them down as well. 

• Like 1

20180122_090100_1.jpg

My solution for the brow line was cut off the black top, sand it and glue it back on.

20180122_091621_1.jpg

It took about 1/8 off. I also had to cut a little off the back of the cap so that it lines up.

20180122_162305_1.jpg

The tape is just to hold it together for now. I want to make sure I'm not doing anything else to the helmet before I glue it together.

20180122_162318_1.jpg

22 hours ago, Parquette said:

Darn it, you made me realize mine was so much more elaborate xD Seriously, great job! Considering the only part you needed to paint was the rear of the helmet! :D

Lol! I read your mod and was a little confused, some of the pictures aren't showing up. 

I haven't been posting here because all the work I've gotten done lately is on the backpack and posted on mepd.

Fingers crossed I should be done this weekend 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bradberry00 said:

What did you use to cut the brow trim off with?

I used a bandsaw but you could use a Dremel or jigsaw. Try to keep the line as strigh as possible. Also I definitely recommend a belt sander to trim off the rest of the white part and straighten it out

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 11:10 PM, Parquette said:

What'd you use for the boxes on the backpack? I know you had the smaller parts 3d printed, but I'm curious about the boxes.

It's a little hard to explain. They are made of a Styrofoam with paper on top and bottom. 

Check out my backpack build thread 

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?/topic/15485-yoshs-build/&

• Like 1

20180129_161142_1_01.jpg

Got some photos today 

20180129_160915_1.jpg

Looks like the Hot Toys figure right

20180129_161112_1_1.jpg

This has been a really long and hard project but I'm happy with how it looks. I think the backpack really exceeded my expectations. 

• Like 4