Yosh's R1 TK Build

yoshix

What's up everybody,

I've fallen in love with the Rogue One TK. The thing is I already have a Sandy and for me it's a debate of if I really want another Stormtrooper costume or not. I posted a picture on Instagram a little while ago with the hot toys 1/6 figure Rogue one TK side by side with the Sandy and asked which one people like better. With an overwhelming response I got everyone saying OT. I just can't help but go against the mainstream as in my opinion they look so cool! I'm dying to know how much more comfortable it is compared to my Sandy. I haven't ordered the kit yet as I feel that my wife will have a heart attack when she finds out. But soon

20171129_140512_1.jpg

I'm putting the finishing touches on the Black Series helmet. Hopefully I'll post more pictures soon

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yoshix said:

a debate of if I really want another Stormtrooper costume or not.

One can never have to many Stormtrooper suits:smiley-sw013: Would you go for the TK since you have a TD or the jedha-trooper with the backpack?:)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

One can never have to many Stormtrooper suits:smiley-sw013: 

Lol, yeah but  his will be my 5th costume in the legion. 

20 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Would you go for the TK since you have a TD or the jedha-trooper with the backpack?:)

Definitely Jedha patrol with the hard pack. I already got the antenna done20171129_145744.jpg

Just waiting for the 3d printed parts to come in

4 minutes ago, yoshix said:

Definitely Jedha patrol with the hard pack

I also really like the RO TK but I´ll wait and hope for an ABS version...but I will go for the "soft pack" version:)

Good luck with the build:salute:

• Like 1

20171129_140703_1.jpg

I  finished up bondoing sanding and painting the back. I'm pretty happy with the paint match but of course it's not a hundred percent. Weight is a very hard color to match as there are so many different shades of white. 

20171129_140643.jpg

I drilled holes in the existing hovi mic tips and inserted screens. I wasn't sure if it was going to work but it turned out pretty good. I also replace the screen in the back of the frown and painted the underneath of the brow black. Definitely the hardest part was cutting out the tube stripes. I  decided to use a Dremel and file it down. I  saw in one build  thread a guy had success by heating up an exact -o knife, but when I tried it I wasn't confident enough. 

Pictures aren't showing up (for me at least).

You could always try a local paint shop, they're usually able to get close matches of paint, and many can do so with rattle cans as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Pictures aren't showing up (for me at least).

I can see them on my phone and I just checked on my laptop and they show up there as well.

3 hours ago, Harbinger said:

You could always try a local paint shop, they're usually able to get close matches of paint, and many can do so with rattle cans as well.

I have had costume colors mixed before but $20 a can is a bit much. The white I have is close enough and will do.

20171130_083034_1.jpg

So I decided to keep the original conection points so that everything lines up as it was intended to. 

20171130_081829_1.jpg

You can see I used the original lenses and just cut them out, E6000 the new lenses behind the old ones. I like the idea of being able to  take out the lenses  if I want to and replace them. I also put a piece of foam at the bridge of the nose to help with comfort. 

I'm pretty sure these helmet mods are only interesting to someone who is or has worked on one of these helmets. 

By the way, does anyone know the difference between the Crystal Patrol and the Jedha Patrol, I know one has a soft pack and one has a hard pack but which ones which and why? On the hot toys 1/6 scale figs  they both say Jedha patrol but the only difference is one has a TK number 

IMG_20171130_094018.jpg

Maybe we will see when the CRL is released 

I think the main difference is really the packs. There may be some differences in weathering but its all the same armor. I think maybe the one with the smaller TD-like pack has more pauldron options? Maybe? I am not sure. 

We have a few build threads for both of these pack over at the MEPD (thats where these trooper will be living) our CRL is in progress. We are in search of a CRL model to finalize them. 

Edited by henselmonster

30 minutes ago, henselmonster said:

We are in search of a CRL model to finalize them. 

I'll certainly throw my hat in the ring if you haven't found anyone by then

13 hours ago, yoshix said:

By the way, does anyone know the difference between the Crystal Patrol and the Jedha Patrol, I know one has a soft pack and one has a hard pack but which ones which and why? On the hot toys 1/6 scale figs  they both say Jedha patrol but the only difference is one has a TK number 

IMG_20171130_094018.jpg

Maybe we will see when the CRL is released 

The smaller pack is the Jedha patrol, and the crystal one is the big pack with the holes in the back ;) 

7 hours ago, Parquette said:

The smaller pack is the Jedha patrol, and the crystal one is the big pack with the holes in the back ;) 

That's what I've been seeing online aswell, but where is the reference for that? Or is it, they had to call it something and someone just adopted that?

Yesterday I saw there will be one crl for the jedha patrol which seem like it will include the option of both packs

1 hour ago, yoshix said:

That's what I've been seeing online aswell, but where is the reference for that? Or is it, they had to call it something and someone just adopted that?

Yesterday I saw there will be one crl for the jedha patrol which seem like it will include the option of both packs

Yup Thats correct. Lucasfim is usually pretty loose when naming troopers, to them everything is a Stormtrooper haha. As far as the 501st goes, both packs for this trooper will be in one CRL on MEPD. With options for both packs in the CRL (like how it is with the ANH Sandtrooper packs). This is the plan for now, but may change once we get things finalized. 

• 2 weeks later...

This past week I got my boots ordered, pauldron ordered, and 40% down on the kit. Now it's just a waiting game 

On another note, I'm having trouble finding good quality, close up photos of the ab details. Mostly I have the Celebration photos and there's always a blaster in the way. So if anyone wants to help a brother out, please post here or message me 

Edited by yoshix

On 12/10/2017 at 12:58 AM, yoshix said:

On another note, I'm having trouble finding good quality, close up photos of the ab details. Mostly I have the Celebration photos and there's always a blaster in the way. So if anyone wants to help a brother out, please post here or message me 

These are the best that I have.

The first I think is from Celebration, the second from the "walking through the water" scene that never was and final two are from the visual guide.

Y6NJi54.jpg

Fo35WMH.jpg

Juq9PeC.jpg

Zj0EHWR.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

These are the best that I have.

The first I think is from Celebration, the second from the "walking through the water" scene that never was and final two are from the visual guide.

That is fantastic! Thank you so much. That will help out a lot

On 12/9/2017 at 8:58 AM, yoshix said:

This past week I got my boots ordered, pauldron ordered, and 40% down on the kit. Now it's just a waiting game 

Where did you end up getting the boots and pauldron from?

10 hours ago, Big Deal said:

Where did you end up getting the boots and pauldron from?

Boots from Imperial boots and pauldron from Trooperbay. It will most likely be another month before I see any of it. As long as I can get this TK approved before Solo premiere 

• 2 weeks later...

20171226_171729_1.jpg

I got something cool today! I pretty sure it's the first all white leather pauldron that trooperbay has made.

20171226_084817_1.jpg

Also got my First order shoes in. A little comparison to my sandy shoes.

20171226_084857_1.jpg

My R1 TK kit should be in tomorrow. Can't wait!

• Like 1

IV decided to fill in the indents with bondo and sand them till they look right.

20171218_114306_1.jpg

It's a really long process and I'm not 100 percent happy with how it looks, but it is better than before. I should be finished painting tomorrow 

• Like 2

20171227_081700_1.jpg

I finally finished painting the helmet. like I said before, it's not the best but it does look much better. I forgot to take a picture of it finished so I'll have to do that latter

• Like 1