AP ANH Stunt Build

Steaditrooper

On 12/9/2017 at 6:31 PM, Sean said:

I've got an Aker amp and the Trooper Talk Ap. It sounds great.

Hey Sean, I just saw this.  I was thinking of getting this as well.  Have you had a chance to use it out and about?  Is the Aker amp you are using loud enough? How many watts?

On 12/17/2017 at 9:36 PM, Sean said:

I have started to work on replacing the green lens supplied with my armour with something darker. The face shield I ordered turned out to be a little too dark but that's ok for now. Following is my step by step process.

k04t9RPl.jpg

First I decided where the 1/4" Chicago screws were going to get glued in. I cleaned off some of the Plasti Dip so there would be a good, solid surface to glue to.

KMoVnPBl.jpg

I can't remember who's build thread I saw this stuff on but I ordered a small pack from Amazon and am trying it out.

fSk4WG8l.jpg

I made sure it was under the Chicago screw and wrapped over the edge onto the top.

Ua6th08l.jpg

I then pressed it into place and moulded it a little smoother.

wlQLBAtl.jpg

I temporarily screwed in the other side of the screw to make sure it was far enough away from the edge of the eye so it wouldn't overlap the socket and be visible through the lens or impede my vision.

LWq0xvvl.jpg

The bottom screws were on quite an angle so I levelled them out with more Sugru so the lens will sit flush. Now everything needs to dry. The glue didn't come with any sort of instructions so I gave it 24 hours.

Awesome Sean, So glad you posted this tutorial, exactly what I've been looking for for my lens install.:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wook1138 said:

Hey Sean, I just saw this.  I was thinking of getting this as well.  Have you had a chance to use it out and about?  Is the Aker amp you are using loud enough? How many watts?

I have the 1505. It is 12 watts I believe. Most people seem to be using the 1506. It's 10 watts. The 1506 is smaller than the 1505. Probably 15-20% smaller. The one I have is plenty loud. I got it off Amazon.ca for around $70 I think. Hard to find now but there are lots of options. I've only played around with Trooper Talk. Works well but you meed a special cable for it to work. $25US I think. The whole set-up so far is around $110. I'm considering pulling the guts out of the housing just to save some space under the armour.

Edited by Sean

9 hours ago, Malace said:

Awesome Sean, So glad you posted this tutorial, exactly what I've been looking for for my lens install.:jc_doublethumbup:

My repair with E6000 did not work. That screw came right off again. I used CA glue and that did the trick. If you have used Plasti Dip on you helmet I would recommend removing more than I did for the screw area and lightly sand that area for good adhesion. 

Edited by Sean

12 minutes ago, Sean said:

My repair with E6000 did not work. That screw came right off again. I used CA glue and that did the trick. If you have used Plasti Dip on you helmet I would recumbent removing more than I did for the screw area and lightly sand that area for good adhesion. 

I have not plasti dipped yet...was thinking about putting the sugru and posts first and plasti dipping after. Thoughts?

1 minute ago, Malace said:

I have not plasti dipped yet...was thinking about putting the sugru and posts first and plasti dipping after. Thoughts?

Just make sure you cap the posts before the PlastiDip. Sorry to state the obvious. Would probably help hold the Sugru on too. Give the posts a wiggle before the PlastiDip to ensure they are solid. If I had thought about the lenses before I used the PlastiDip I would have waited and PlastiDipped after. I was just too impatient waiting for E6000 to dry on my armour.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

Just make sure you cap the posts before the PlastiDip. Sorry to state the obvious. Would probably help hold the Sugru on too. Give the posts a wiggle before the PlastiDip to ensure they are solid. If I had thought about the lenses before I used the PlastiDip I would have waited and PlastiDipped after. I was just too impatient waiting for E6000 to dry on my armour.

Lol understandable on the obvious...sometimes the obvious gets overlooked when you have all this stuff to finish. I'm moving slow on this and trying not to OCD too much.

• Like 1

Just now, Malace said:

Lol understandable on the obvious...sometimes the obvious gets overlooked when you have all this stuff to finish. I'm moving slow on this and trying not to OCD too much.

My OCD is something I struggle with all the time. Hopefully it will get me to Centurion. I keep reminding myself the screen used suits were practically thrown together and you can even see white tape on one of them at the beginning of ANH. 

• Like 1

My tighter compression top came today. Much better and not as thick as the original one. I put the whole suit on and walked around my house for about 15 minutes. Much cooler with the new top for sure. My submission pics are in and I'm just waiting for my GML to review them.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 2

After trying out my new compression top I managed to pack everything away in my bin, helmet excluded. I need to make a bag or something for the blaster. I have enough left over material from the bin I can use. I'm pretty happy it all actually fits. 

Arms with shoulders attached go into calves which go into thighs.

Thighs sit in opposite direction from each other in the abdomen.

Boots go on either side of cod.

Undersuit and neck seal just tuck in where there is space.

Belt wraps around everything on the outside.

TD tucks next to shoulder strap.

Gloves tuck in at sides or other space.

Blaster and Aker amp sit on top.

The lid closes and I can't feel any sort of resistance. Sweet!

Helmet bag coming for Christmas. No, I didn't peek. It's the only thing I asked for.

Ge68FIxl.jpg

• Like 2

Just be careful with the undersuit in there. Never put it in there after trooping or for long periods of time. It's been found with some that the black can bleed onto armor and stain it.

Just food for thought.

Good Luck with your approval!:duim:

2 minutes ago, magni said:

Just be careful with the undersuit in there. Never put it in there after trooping or for long periods of time. It's been found with some that the black can bleed onto armor and stain it.

Just food for thought.

Good Luck with your approval!:duim:

I kinda figured I would be putting the undersuit in a plastic bag after trooping. Probably the gloves and boots too. Good to know about the staining potential. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Sean said:

After trying out my new compression top I managed to pack everything away in my bin, helmet excluded. I need to make a bag or something for the blaster. I have enough left over material from the bin I can use. I'm pretty happy it all actually fits. 

Arms with shoulders attached go into calves which go into thighs.

Thighs sit in opposite direction from each other in the abdomen.

Boots go on either side of cod.

Undersuit and neck seal just tuck in where there is space.

Belt wraps around everything on the outside.

TD tucks next to shoulder strap.

Gloves tuck in at sides or other space.

Blaster and Aker amp sit on top.

The lid closes and I can't feel any sort of resistance. Sweet!

Helmet bag coming for Christmas. No, I didn't peek. It's the only thing I asked for.

Ge68FIxl.jpg

Nice and compact. Good job on the liners.

• Like 1

Woke up to a nice email. My photos have been approved by my local GML. Now it's up to the 501st. As long as this happens before my birthday (February) I'll be happy. Then EIB and Centurion! ...hopefully.

49 minutes ago, Sean said:

Woke up to a nice email. My photos have been approved by my local GML. Now it's up to the 501st. As long as this happens before my birthday (February) I'll be happy. Then EIB and Centurion! ...hopefully.

Congrats!! Good Luck with 501st Acceptance:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

TK-19165 reporting for duty!

Wow, that was fast! Thanks everyone for your help and feedback. I look forward to serving with my garrison and meeting many of you in the future. I will continue my build thread with the mods and electronics I plan for my TK as well as any interesting info I may find useful.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Congrats! Time to get that EIB app in!

Thanks. That will have to wait until after Christmas I think. I'm off to my first charity troop today with my local garrison!

• Like 1

I had an amazing first troop. I'm in this for the charity, first and foremost. Friends, a close second. The charity was great. 5 Bad Guys Did Good today and I have 4 new friends. Great guys who really made me feel welcome in my new garrison. Thanks David, Brad, Andrew and Dan. I learned a bunch and had fun. Thanks Dan, TK-2759, for the cotton gloves to wear beneath my rubber gloves. Really made it easy to get my hands out after the troop and not have dish pan hands. And for straightening my drop box after that little girl hugged my leg. Thanks Brad, TK-21814 AKA 68Brick, for the advise on foam for fixing my thigh to make me look better. And thanks to each of the guys who asked me several times, knowing it was my first troop, if I was doing ok. Safety, really important. We shared stories and hugs after the troop. Again, amazing first troop.

Edited by Sean
  • Like 6