Accurate 3d printed First Order Stormtrooper

Johnny Karate

vor 11 Stunden schrieb TheDecisiveRaindrop:

Have you taken your files to an online repair service? That might help fix those issues.

No, those usually mess up the mesh even more... It's not a hard fix to do by myself and I can make it easier to print in one go. The abdominal boxes have not merged with the abdominal armor as they should have. I'll be done with that today. I'd rather do it myself and have full control over the outcome ;)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Karate said:

I know, that is why I updated the files. You have full control over the the gap now, since the boxes are seperate.

The only reason I pointed it out was the model was showing a recess, but if you are on top of it disregard the comment 

newabssepboxes3.png.1d4613898c187c492a8246ce53c37945.png.c982788bf187c57752bb2e36d7047c29.png

• Like 1

Okay, I promised some pictures so here goes: I made some screen captures of the whole TLJ suit version assembled. The changes to the TFA suit seem minimalistic, but they are present:

The most obvious would be the helmet of course. The more subtle changes were made to the Bicep (overlapping, rounded edge), the forearm Picatiny-style rail (Torx-screw), the Codpiece (more narrow and slight ridges visible), the Thighs (overlapping, rounded edge), the Thermal Pack (cylinder length and color scheme). Just have a look at it and let me know what you think.

untitled12untitled11untitled10untitled9untitled8untitled7untitled6untitled5untitled4untitled3untitled2untitled

• Like 1

Nice work, also the rear of the forearms are different 

TLJ arms.png

Differences are being discussed in the TLJ CRL update thread ;) 

• Like 2

Bit hard to make out the cod, some references here

Anovos TLJ                                       Anovos TFA

jKgl5bV.png?1        0OVShNg.jpg?1

cods.png

cod.png

Notice the two raised lines/angles

codsss.png

zkTcubn.jpg

• Like 3

vor 20 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

Bit hard to make out the cod, some references here

Anovos TLJ                                       Anovos TFA

jKgl5bV.png?1        0OVShNg.jpg?1

cods.png

cod.png

Notice the two raised lines/angles

codsss.png

zkTcubn.jpg

Yes, it is hard to make out. In some of the frames in the movie it looks like the ridges are more pronounced and in some they look very smooth. I added a side by side comparison of the two Codpieces I made. Left is TFA, right is TLJ...

cod side by side

• Like 3

vor 20 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

TLJ arms.png

Thank you for the link to the CRL discussion! I was aware that in TLJ there were 2 versions of the forearms visible: the old style and the one you referred to. I see now that for level 3 clearance, the costume has to have the new style forearm. I will add that as well, so people can choose which one they would like to go with.

• Like 3

Am 19.9.2021 um 22:38 schrieb gmrhodes13:

TLJ arms.png

And because I had some time, I modeled the level 3 forearm shape as well... Feedback welcome! Left is the normal shape and right is the updated one.

forearm side by side

• Like 5

It looks amazing! I'd be happy to do some test-prints for you :P

Did you print any other parts than the helmet so far? And what measurements does the biggest part have? I can print some huge stuff on my CR-10 max, so I'm really looking forward to your files. :)

• Like 1

Am 24.9.2021 um 02:08 schrieb Ripper_L:

It looks amazing! I'd be happy to do some test-prints for you :P

Did you print any other parts than the helmet so far? And what measurements does the biggest part have? I can print some huge stuff on my CR-10 max, so I'm really looking forward to your files. :)

I'm prepping the files for printing right now and I have printed the Abdominal Section to test out how the boxes will fit... Looks good so far. The size of the individual parts is of course dependent on how you scale it. The Chestpiece won't fit on my Anycubic Predator and it has a 38cm Diameter Buildplate. But my Chiron will probably be able to handle it with 40cm rectangular buildplate...

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

• Like 3

I FINALLY managed to get a decent listing up on Etsy for the files, if anyone is still waiting for this... Meanwhile, I'm printing this suit for myself as well. I would love to have this thread turned into a build thread. 

https://www.etsy.com/Die3DSchmiede/listing/1089257123/first-order-stormtrooper-3d-print-file?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1632673906184

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Johnny Karate said:

I FINALLY managed to get a decent listing up on Etsy for the files, if anyone is still waiting for this... Meanwhile, I'm printing this suit for myself as well. I would love to have this thread turned into a build thread. 

https://www.etsy.com/Die3DSchmiede/listing/1089257123/first-order-stormtrooper-3d-print-file?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1632673906184

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

If you make any updates to the files - will they be available to me, if I buy them now? :D

• Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 4:33 PM, Johnny Karate said:

Hi John

You should start a build thread in the correct area based on the version of costume you are building (TFA or TLJ)

Then place a link from it to here and rename this thread as your research  and discussion thread.

If you need assistance in changing the title I am more than happy to do this for you.

Simply shoot me a PM so we can discuss.

Great work on this by the way, looks like you have a few members and staff pretty excited with your work :duim:

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Sly11:

Hi John

You should start a build thread in the correct area based on the version of costume you are building (TFA or TLJ)

Then place a link from it to here and rename this thread as your research  and discussion thread.

If you need assistance in changing the title I am more than happy to do this for you.

Simply shoot me a PM so we can discuss.

Great work on this by the way, looks like you have a few members and staff pretty excited with your work :duim:

That makes sense! I will get in contact with you! Currently juggling responsibilities as a father of twins (5 weeks old) and life. Printing progress is a bit slow :D

• Like 4