Accurate 3d printed First Order Stormtrooper

Johnny Karate

• 4 weeks later...
On 19.2.2018 at 9:03 AM, ToaOfStone said:

That blaster scar on the forehead looks awesome!! Did you use a dremel or a hot knife to carve that out? The way it flares out looks really good!

Thanks! I just used a Hotglue-Gun to do it. I pressed the tip in slowly, so the material melted away to the outside due to the konical shape of the hotglue-gun.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/29/2017 at 5:50 AM, themaninthesuitcase said:

Sean modeled and released a full Shoretrooper for 3D printing and used it to be cleared into the 501st.   He made the files available for free to those who wanted them.

Where are those files? I’m trying to make either a first order Shadow trooper set or a shoretrooper. 

On 7/11/2018 at 2:14 PM, Paste35 said:

. . .I’m trying to make either a first order Shadow trooper set or a shoretrooper. 

This gentleman over at Japan Garrison is doing amazing work on his Shoretrooper if you’re in need of a 3D WIP reference.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43994-rogue-one-shoretrooper-droid-built/

• 8 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 2:56 PM, psych0ticmisfit said:

This looks awesome. Great job. Now how do I get those files to print my own helmet. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I printed my FO tk from this file from yeggi/thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2754159

My helmet is 90% and will knock your eyes out, of course I've put many hours in prep and finish,  all worth it....good luck

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, jango62301 said:

Is there a way to get a hold of you?  

Have you tried sending a PM via his profile? https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/messenger/compose/?to=33006

• 4 months later...
16 minutes ago, Josh TK-12493 said:

Would you be able to email the files for the thigh armor for both the left and right legs? My email is jdsehrhardt@yahoo.com. Trying to fix some FOTK armor I have. Thanks 

You may want to send him a private message as he has not been on the forum since July 2019 

• 8 months later...

Okay, holy **** I haven't been on here for a WHILE and my inbox was full with questions about this armor thread. Truth is, i did finish the model and somebody who wanted to make vacuum form molds of the armor wanted me to model it exclusively for him. I agreed on that since he "hired" me. After that the guy did not hold up his end of the deal and the whole project got so frustrating to deal with, that i stepped away from it. Until then I had modeled the TFA as well as the TLJ options of the armor in close contact to some people from the 501st to give feedback for the models and keep them as accurate as possible.

I was contacted by someone on this forum through my FB profile and we talked about the possibility to make the files available. I am currently going through my files to make them easy to understand for anyone who will be printing the for themselves. I will set up a digital download through my etsy page (https://www.etsy.com/shop/Die3DSchmiede). I have made a mold for the TLJ helmet but haven't sold anything for a while because I was busy elsewhere.

To anyone who tried to contact me: I am sorry for not getting back to you. And if you are still looking for this armor file, this is your chance to get on board.

• Like 3

Okay, holy **** I haven't been on here for a WHILE and my inbox was full with questions about this armor thread. Truth is, i did finish the model and somebody who wanted to make vacuum form molds of the armor wanted me to model it exclusively for him. I agreed on that since he "hired" me. After that the guy did not hold up his end of the deal and the whole project got so frustrating to deal with, that i stepped away from it. Until then I had modeled the TFA as well as the TLJ options of the armor in close contact to some people from the 501st to give feedback for the models and keep them as accurate as possible.

I was contacted by someone on this forum through my FB profile and we talked about the possibility to make the files available. I am currently going through my files to make them easy to understand for anyone who will be printing the for themselves. I will set up a digital download through my etsy page (https://www.etsy.com/shop/Die3DSchmiede). I have made a mold for the TLJ helmet but haven't sold anything for a while because I was busy elsewhere.

To anyone who tried to contact me: I am sorry for not getting back to you. And if you are still looking for this armor file, this is your chance to get on board.

Hey thats awesome. Looking forward to see your files.

8 hours ago, Johnny Karate said:

It’s really awesome that you’re doing this! I’m sorry that first contract didn’t go according to plan, but this is a huge step forward for FOTK! I might print myself a set at some point in the future.

• Like 1

Okay, just to let you guys know: I am reviewing the individual files for maximum printability and I ran into an issue on the Abdominal Section. Some meshes were colliding, causing gaps and holes in some slicing programs. I use Cura, Ideamaker and Simplify3D. While Cura usually handles those issues really well and forgives some mesh defects (like overlapping volumes), Ideamaker and S3D are not as forgiving. While I'm on it, I will make the abdominal boxes separate. That way it is easier to print and post process. I saw that the updated CRL features those as well (finally)...

Hang on, I will give an update with pictures soon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Johnny Karate said:

Okay, just to let you guys know: I am reviewing the individual files for maximum printability and I ran into an issue on the Abdominal Section. Some meshes were colliding, causing gaps and holes in some slicing programs. I use Cura, Ideamaker and Simplify3D. While Cura usually handles those issues really well and forgives some mesh defects (like overlapping volumes), Ideamaker and S3D are not as forgiving. While I'm on it, I will make the abdominal boxes separate. That way it is easier to print and post process. I saw that the updated CRL features those as well (finally)...

Hang on, I will give an update with pictures soon.

Have you taken your files to an online repair service? That might help fix those issues.