Thigh Cover Strip question.

Is it okay to have the cover strip on the thigh extend down over the "lip," covering the butt joint seam?

The reason I ask is because I need a little more room in the front so I'll need to "fake it" using shims, and I obviously don't want the gap there at the bottom. I've seen some other troopers with a cover strip going down the entire length of the thigh, but I was wondering if this would impede Level 1 approval in any way.

Thanks!

As Daryl said, Try not to shim in the front as this should also cause you to have larger cover strips. Butt joint in the front if possible and make your shims in the rear. As far as this goes you will only see it on the left leg anyway. See which leg you need to do this to and if it is just the right leg then your ammo pack will cover it.  Also check with your GML in your garrison to see what they say as far as your level 1 approval.  

Edited by TK-34288

28 minutes ago, TK-34288 said:

Do you have any pictures? If you have to make the cover strips larger in the back make sure you do them for both legs to keep symmetry. 

When my girlfriend is around tonight, I'm going to have her size them on me, tape them up, and then I'll shoot some pictures.

I should have left a little more material on the front, but I was being pretty particular about wanting the front cover strips to be standard sized. It should be fine though; I don't think the gap in the back is huge. The bummer is that the shins actually fit me perfectly, so for symmetry I'll be unnecessarily adding large cover strips to them :P

No need to make the back of shins larger than the "standard" 25mm even if back of thighs is let`s say 30mm...if there`s need for bigger than that on thighs it will look better to shim, at least in my opinion, however not that many people that will notice the cover strip sizes on the back so...out of personal preference and to keep the look from the movies this is what I would do.:)