Anzo's TFA FOTK/TLJ Executioner Builds (KB) aka the Terrible Twofer!

Anzo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Howdy everybody. It has been a long while since I updated this. If you recall, this was a dual build since I was building and Executioner Trooper as well! Well let me tell you that getting the Executioner done was quite the journey. For those that remember, I had a helmet on order from Anovos. I'll let you guess how delivery of that piece turned out...(spoiler alert, it still hasn't been delivered).

After cancelling that order, I then turned my focus to getting a painted helmet from Diversity Props in August 2018. Those familiar with DP know how that delivery went (spoiler alert, it never happened). 

After filing a fraud claim with my bank, I luckily was able to get my money back from that endeavor as well.

Take 3...I went back to Anovos, but not in the way you think. Rumors emerged throughout the Facebook Quadrant of TLJ FOTK helmets readily available from Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland. I asked a friend who goes there regularly to pick up up for me. She paid them money and miraculously, a helmet arrived 5 days later. An Anovos helmet even!

JwmQ0gol.jpghtObNbfl.jpg

I had painted the black bells and yoke ages ago so all that was left was the stripe on the helmet. Honestly, it was freaking me out. I put it off for a month. Nevertheless I set to it.

The best advice I received from a garrison mate was to use Vinyl pin striping to mask off the curves. It made the best clean straight lines I've ever seen. I highly recommend it. Can be found at any auto parts store. With the helmet taped off, I went to work with Montana Brand primer and shock black gloss spray paint.

ZQ91VMTl.jpg

Things were looking good, until they weren't. I was trying to get it done before Rose City Comic Con, was too impatient and royally goofed up the back of the helmet when applying the matte clear coat. 

V1 Helmet

xTeytjZl.jpgvcgGBWEl.jpg

BAAAAARRRRRFFFFFF!!!!!!

y3WpxLIl.jpg

I royally screwed up the back. However, this turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Upon further inspection, I realized that my line was off and more angled than it should have been. So I wet sanded the rough part, re-taped the helmet, fixed the line and began anew.

V2 Helmet:

xI0IF67m.jpg1Pya4N4m.jpgJC6XdzRm.jpg

I was very pleased with V2! 

All that was left was to apply the decals on the bells. Oh wait that was the HARDEST PART OF ALL! Who knew that applying a flat decal on a round surface was the 9th circle of hell? Nevertheless, I got it done after many revisions.

pMyGzsRm.jpg

With the helmet and bells completed, all that was left was a photo session with my wife and the costume was submitted.

r9KyzFCl.jpgdoEH2RRl.jpgZ6GfcfFl.jpgjV21E3Ml.jpg

QOVWW1ll.jpgiBZbe5fl.jpg

Approval came through this evening. Laser Axe was purchased from Stormtrooper on Weekends. Find him on Facebook. And thus the loop closes on this project. It only took an extra 18 months but I'm very happy with how it turned out. My favorite costume with the least of amount of screen time ever I think. :laugh1:

THE END!

Edited by Anzo
  • Like 2

Great work, congrats on approval.

A tip with the shoulder decals for next time is to use a little heat while applying, helps to conform to the curve ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Great work, congrats on approval.

A tip with the shoulder decals for next time is to use a little heat while applying, helps to conform to the curve ;) 

Now you tell me! :P

J/k Thank you. 

is there a place where one can look to see how many Executioners are approved in the legion? I know it is small.