To weather a TK

Pledford

I have seen shoe polish, charcoal, makeup, and all sorts of stuff to lightly weather HWTs. I think the charcoal (the kind you draw with, not the kind you cook with) looks best and most natural. I am sure HWTs might have more insight on this. 

...or you could use go full dirty with tan, brown, black acrylics and some fullers earth and be a sandy!! Lol. 

*rides dewback into sunset chanting "one of us, one of us"*

Edited by henselmonster

In my opinion shoe polish wouldn't be the best stuff to use, unless you want it to rub off (of course, hairspray over it works as a clear laqour). Now I haven't worked with the stuff, but if you want it to stick, you should use the "Basic Acrylics" you can find at Hobby Lobby and Joann Fabrics. You brush it on, slightly (only slightly mind you) mist it down with water, then wipe off most of it. Yes, there'll be smears, but take a damp paper towel and start dabbing it into the armor, creating natural watery splotches effects. Then let it sit and dry. 

You can use this on dirt brown colored paint, or black paint. I did the black for my R1TK, but will go back on it later to create a more dirt effect. 

On 24/11/2017 at 7:13 PM, Pledford said:

So I currently have a clean TK. (AM 2.0) I am gradually working towards a HWT, so in the mean time is it cool to go ahead and VERY lightly weather my TK? My clean armor looks like I have not seen any action. Lol

Thoughts??

Hi Phil. In this build, wet newspapers and dirty water got used to add a slight (and removable) weathering. An easy and simply way. Maybe this is something to start with...

• Like 1

On ‎24‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 7:13 PM, Pledford said:

My clean armor looks like I have not seen any action. Lol

I would say, your armour looks like you are a commendable Sormtrooper who knows that maintaining his equipment is essential for being well prepared for a combat mission ;)

I would stay clean and shiny as long as you can, like Deathstar Stormtrooper :)

But as T-Jay mentioned, you can start with the dirty water / newspaper approach he did on his armour. It is a very slight weathering and removable also. So you cannot do something wrong for the begining :)