Bubble Lens Problem - please help!

Hi, so I recently upgraded my ANH Stunt to ANH Hero but after trooping in my new lid which has bubble lenses I've discovered it causes me migraines! :(  I was hoping to go in for the LFL Promo trooper so I can carry my SE-14r with correct holster (which I have already) but is there an option for me to install flat lenses? I can't troop with those bubbles lenses again as I had a horrible experience with them. Any advice much appreciated!

Edited by gwood1234

I had the exact same problem, Gareth.  Not just the headaches but a lot of distortion as well, making it difficult to maneuver around safely.  I ended up having to change back to the flat lenses.

Hey Gareth, nice to see you here:smiley-sw013: Before you throw in the towel you could try lenses from TM. I have them and although I haven`t yet trooped with them for a longer period of time they seem fine as far as bubble lenses go...vision is of course compromised and looking straight with clear vision is impossible for me too..however turning your head slightely every now and then as you walk makes a huge difference, at least for me....I will put them to the test for opening night of TLJ dec 13 with a 3h troop and report back...they might not help but...then again they just might so in my opinion it could be worth a shoot...and...perhaps you already thought of this but when standing still and posing you could close your eyes from time to time and rest them and it might just make it bearable :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies - I'm waiting on some advice regarding clearance but in the meantime I've discovered some that are thinner so might give those a try. The main problem is they are vey thick, about 3mm, and also very dark green which makes it worse. Failing that I'll have to go back to flat lenses or maybe even smoked. Will post an update in case anyone has a similar problem. :)

I had a similar problem with my old FX lenses.  I commissioned Mike A. to make a Hero helmet for me some years ago, and he custom made a set using boiling water, thick gloves, and his thumb (or maybe it was a spoon, I forget). The ones he made were awesome and I could wear them without any headache at all.  I think John Danter used to make them too, and I'm not sure if TM's are for show (like FX) or for use (like Applings).  Maybe he'll chime in.  CFO also makes ROTJ costumes which need bubble lenses, so may have some thoughts as well.

In any event it's certainly possible to get a set that is usable, though you may have to make them yourself.