Wook's First Build - ANH Stunt TK (AP)

wook1138

Did some more fitting. Had to finalize the thigh garter size. So I tried the shins on with the thighs. This is the first time I wore the legs - I foresee some trimming. I also checked how the shoulders worked out after I glued the straps to the top of the bell.

The first thing I noticed is how the shins rotated on me. I did rig up a temporary stirrup on the left shin - it clearly didn’t do much. The boots will need some breaking in and the bottom of the shins will need some reshaping. Then I make better stirrups or use Velcro.
1fc888d90988051ab1e97cda7d48dc32.jpg

6523f4ba8d285d7f1a9c2b132b61d980.jpg

Fit of shoulder.
fbeeb54a163c66566fd41608158a9d4e.jpg

Snap bases for the thigh garter. They are about 6 inches from the top. I am using stainless steel snaps - they beat the hell out of my setting tool.
08c1cacb1d75042a0666c5187a124493.jpg

Thigh garter.
2517233e48d875759048e645b8e86587.jpg

My soldering iron fell apart and my hole punch wasn’t working well, so I’m on round two of tools. They were pretty old, so any excuse to get new tools... .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/26/2018 at 10:57 PM, CableGuy said:

Hi mate.

I also had twisting shins. The options I’d heard about were:

Popper on back of boot
Velcro on front of boot

So, I went for both. ;-)

Ha, yeah, all of the above.  So, why a popper on the back and Velcro on the front?  Does that make it easier for getting dressed?  Thanks.

Ha, yeah, all of the above.  So, why a popper on the back and Velcro on the front?  Does that make it easier for getting dressed?  Thanks.

Hiya,

Just a fitting thing, I think. With the calves open, you can get your hand in and attach the poppers, then fasten the calves. Very difficult to do that at the front.

The Velcro is a bit easier at the front - line up the shin and push it against the boot. :-)

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎27 at 5:07 AM, wook1138 said:

The first thing I noticed is how the shins rotated on me.

Some calf raises will fix that :D Kidding aside it`s looking great Greg:duim: And I hate to do this to you but....wrist ends look a bit big...sorry:icon_beg: (they didn`t before so it might just be me, still look good though)

8 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Some calf raises will fix that :D Kidding aside it`s looking great Greg:duim: And I hate to do this to you but....wrist ends look a bit big...sorry:icon_beg: (they didn`t before so it might just be me, still look good though)

Ha, thanks. 

Yeah, the wrists are a little on the large side - there was a balance of fitting it to my delicate little wrists and still being able to get my hand through the opening.  I think once the gloves are on it isn't so bad, but I must admit it doesn't look good in the picture (I didn't notice that at all).  I'll have to check it again when I have everything on.  :unsure:

No apologies necessary!  That is why I post. :salute:

• Like 1

Hi Greg. I used velcro on the front of my boot to keep the shin from twisting. I only had that problem on my left shin. Velcro worked like a charm. Easy and fast to fix. I think your forearms will look ok with gloves on.

13 hours ago, Sean said:

Hi Greg. I used velcro on the front of my boot to keep the shin from twisting. I only had that problem on my left shin. Velcro worked like a charm. Easy and fast to fix. I think your forearms will look ok with gloves on.

2 hours ago, 68Brick said:

Looking good Greg. And yes, Velcro on the boots and shins is the easiest option for those twisting shins. Works great too!

Thanks guys.  I'm guessing I'll need to sew the velcro to the boot?  Or will E6000 hold it?

12 minutes ago, 68Brick said:

Industrial Velcro sticks just fine. If u need more stick, E6000.

That's great news!  Because if I had to ask my wife to sew one more thing for this endeavour, I'm pretty sure she would pack up the kids (and my RRSPs) and leave.  :icon_eek: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Well...if you feel that is about to happen just put the armor on and give her a ”hey baby...how you doin?” While looking her up and down aka the joey-move :D

Daniel, as I progress through this TK journey I've come to count on your sound and sage advice at almost every turn.  All your guidance has been immeasurably helpful and utterly invaluable...  except for that.  :D

• Like 1

Lid’s looking lovely. :-)
As has been said, the brow is up to you to a certain extent. Just check out some screenshots and see which one you like best. (Probably wouldn’t go any lower than you have it). :-)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Probably wouldn’t go any lower than you have it

yeah, I felt like I was pushing the limit there.  I like the goofy high, curved brow look - but this means less trimming and I like that even more.

On a separate note...  Painting ear rank on ear bumps:  I painted one stripe on the ear - but of course I like to find news ways to botch something, so I mistakenly painted the front bump when I meant to paint the rear bump (Guinness and painting don't mix - my lines are straighter but they tend to be in the wrong spot  :pint1:).  The rear bump is more commonly seen in the reference material (except for perhaps the sandtroopers - maybe?).  CRL says nothing about which bump.  Anyway, at first I was going to change it, then I thought it was a nice way to discreetly customize my bucket.

Will this detail get frowned upon by fellow troopers? 

15 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Question. Is the brow too low for stunt?

6 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Probably wouldn’t go any lower than you have it

No but I´m starting a chant: RAIS THE BROW! RAISE THE BROW!! RAISE THE BROW!!! RAI....hmm I think I have made my point - carry on Trooper^_^

1 hour ago, wook1138 said:

Will this detail get frowned upon by fellow troopers? 

It shouldn´t, you can paint any, several or no bump for basic and EIB for Centurion only one bump (says nothing though that it HAVE to be a painted bump. I left mine unpainted so we`ll see shortly, no mention of it during my EIB):icon_beg:

• Like 1

RAISE THE BROW

Okay then. Here is the follow up question. If I trim the brow straight across, I will risk having a gap in the area of the ear. Red circle. And the brow will not line up with the ridge that runs around the back - if that matters. So can I curve the cut so the brow is higher in the middle or front of the helmet and stays in the same place above the ears? You see this in ANH but I’m not sure if it is ok for centurion. As long as the left side and right side are symmetrical and the brow isn’t too high a la “move along” guy?
6817d78d7be9165fa6cceeca11c31b92.jpg

2 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

So can I curve the cut so the brow is higher in the middle or front of the helmet and stays in the same place above the ears?

Yes:duim: It gives a much meaner look, especially from the sidesB)

jsG33XQ.jpg

• Like 1