Wook's First Build - ANH Stunt TK (AP)

wook1138

I found some pics I don’t think I posted. They are of the vocoder. I have done one coat. It is hard to tell what should actually get painted.

Pencil in the outline

c1821cf3d9f86daedc1df386cd289fc1.jpg

First coat still wet

3809c712a8cb2b83f654e1d9917d5214.jpg

How is the shape?

e89d29b5ee2abab670ea07f99ad4ccd3.jpg

Again, hard to tell where the black should stop.

3a5128691d20f24c654124d13cc0ed0a.jpg

a51637d07e02b61cbcc4a277e9e1fa93.jpg

Oh yeah. The left side tube striped after the toothpick treatment.

8b0f9925361a915fd41b07a718a0c053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, just puttered for a few minutes tonight. Got the front cover strips on the shins and test fitted the ammo pack to the right thigh. I know there are standard measurements for where to drill the hole on the thigh. But I test fitted it and mine will be a bit different.

Question is, do I centre the ammo pack to the cover strip or try to have the rivets equally spaced from the back return edge?

Clamped on after quick hot bath.
db45c938cd88853033c96ef7500ba836.jpg

0c58574267d67500f7a9d67bd2f9afaf.jpg

I think both side are about 12-15 mm from back return edge
c06f287020555551e41e70006d013136.jpg

Shins

Before
b7700fc5b5c06ad9621846561fa0609d.jpg

I’ve managed to lose some magnets. I’m tapped out!
6b622786d9d36d4405300cdcbb61940d.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Greg,
Vocoder is looking nice (in my opinion). There are quite a few variations on the screen used ones so, if in doubt, take a look at the reference photos to see which style you prefer. I found starwarshelmets.com very helpful for lid painting.

Just out of interest, did you paint or use decals for your tube stripes? I’m not sure if it’s a clearance issue (EIB etc) however I have a sneaking suspicion that your left and right tube stripes might be reversed. :-(

2cd21a3bd2d00f8a9182bee1b4e2a41b.jpg

It’s the angle of the stripes nearer the vocoder end that caught my eye.

Hope you don’t mind me mentioning it.

Dan

"Question is, do I centre the ammo pack to the cover strip or try to have the rivets equally spaced from the back return edge?"

I put the rivets equally spaced from the back edge. I quite like how it looks. My OCD usually makes me twitch when I see stuff off centre but this doesn't bug me one bit.

• Like 1

Regarding the knee ammo pack, here’s a screen shot. All in this shot are slightly off centre.

228d8756efb4f7220cac3d8ff41215cb.jpg

I’ve seen other builds with them central (including mine) which have cleared Centurion, so I guess it’s more down to your preference and how your kit is moulded. :-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Just out of interest, did you paint or use decals for your tube stripes? I’m not sure if it’s a clearance issue (EIB etc) however I have a sneaking suspicion that your left and right tube stripes might be reversed. :-(

I painted... and I flip-flopped on what looked better.  I used stencils from trooperbay - and to me it looked like the stencils were flipped around the wrong way on the template.  But it does look off when compared to the pic you posted.  Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go throw up.

8 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

I painted... and I flip-flopped on what looked better.  I used stencils from trooperbay - and to me it looked like the stencils were flipped around the wrong way on the template.  But it does look off when compared to the pic you posted.  Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go throw up.

Ah man, I did the same on my first lid. Spent ages faffing with mine too. It's really not a deal breaker as far as I'm aware. :smiley-sw013:

You're making a great job of your build so far. Keep it going mate. :-)  

Ah man, I did the same on my first lid. Spent ages faffing with mine too. It's really not a deal breaker as far as I'm aware. :smiley-sw013:

You're making a great job of your build so far. Keep it going mate. :-)  

Here are more pics

af6049df2bd320ae9ac252af55443236.jpg
0fcc4dc8a5015c21aa9ae44f6492b0bf.jpg
e1cccd93b8ffe750bbf6fd1b8fc95180.jpg
07a3b6abfbcbfe9d618abd1f691dbc99.jpg

In fairness, they’re still really nicely done. (I feel like a plumb for mentioning it now). :-(

As Brien said, perhaps see if Andrew or Tony have any concerns for L2 and L3. :-)

I think it`s just the angle of the photo (and the chiped end of ref pic) the bottom end of last stripe should "lean" a bit forward so to speak,t looks alot in the pic but as I said I´m almost certain it`s the angle. Most impotant though is that the curve extends backwards.

med_gallery_14191_17_21599.jpg

ANHstunt_2005.jpg

ANH_Trooper_Christies_09.JPG

1 minute ago, TheSwede said:

No -  you got it right:) (or else I got it wrong to..naaa, can`t be it:P)

Oh, I hope your are right, Daniel.  It is hard to tell.  Some reference pics don't seem so different, and then some look very different than mine.   Anyway, I'm not going to touch them... for now

http://whitearmor.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=14806&view=findpost&p=179529

Link to how he painted his helmet, can`t imagine he got it wrong (could be though) anyways, from the look of it your tube stripes are similar :) the angle of the photo can make the difference seem bigger than it really is. I made my 3 helmets using his guide and so far so good.

10 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Oh, I hope your are right, Daniel.  It is hard to tell.  Some reference pics don't seem so different, and then some look very different than mine.   Anyway, I'm not going to touch them... for now

Well...if I my Eyes deceive me it`s easy enough to fix just the last one :salute:

here are the stencils.  You can see how the strip at the bottom (closest to the hovi mics) has a pronounced shape to it.  The uncut stencil is how is arrives from Trooperbay.  For reason's of stupidity, I thought they were reversed.  so I switched them (cut stencil).

bb71fd8de83f3026b63dab91002b43b1.jpg

Here is a comparison.  I would have used the upper stencil for this side.  Based on whatever reference pic I had at the time, this looked more right. 

024330fc19fbea2e2673fd013273703c.jpg

• Like 1