Needing TK Undersuit Recommendations

You can get them at places like sporting goods stores, but they tend to be a little pricey.  I suggest trying Amazon as Brien suggested, just search Men's black compression pants (and shirts).  Here are a few links:

Pants: -------------

Shirt:  https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Performance-Crewneck-Long-sleeve-Pack-Black/dp/B071YC27KM/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1511084525&sr=1-8&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=black+compression+shirt+men

Some prefer the one piece, but I personally suggest using separate pants and shirt as it makes it a bit easier to answer the "call of nature".  Also, if you get a snag or tear you can just replace that part.  Just be sure there are no manufacturer markings or logos visible.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2017 at 1:45 AM, justjoseph63 said:

You can get them at places like sporting goods stores, but they tend to be a little pricey.  I suggest trying Amazon as Brien suggested, just search Men's black compression pants (and shirts).  Here are a few links:

Pants:  https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Baselayeror-Workout-Running-Leggings/dp/B01MTLA3WQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511084328&sr=8-2&keywords=black+compression+pants+men&dpID=31w3QrvBAVL&preST=_SY445_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Shirt:  https://www.amazon.com/Compression-Performance-Crewneck-Long-sleeve-Pack-Black/dp/B071YC27KM/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1511084525&sr=1-8&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=black+compression+shirt+men

Some prefer the one piece, but I personally suggest using separate pants and shirt as it makes it a bit easier to answer the "call of nature".  Also, if you get a snag or tear you can just replace that part.  Just be sure there are no manufacturer markings or logos visible.

glad to see someone else asked this as I was looking too and everyone kept suggesting the UA Heatgear stuff but obviously i was only seeing 2 piece, question on the 2 piece stuff, how do you keep them from riding up or exposing skin between top and bottom? Do people add Velcro or something combat that or is just not that much of an issue?

Edited by ower
  • Like 1

I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on undersuits as I've been researching them for my TK build.  The ones I'm thinking of ordering are from Renaissance Dancewear.

http://www.renaissancedancewear.com/stormtrooper.html

They claim to be the undersuit provider for the Episode 1 promotion tour so they should be pretty authentic.  Not the cheapest but it looks like they are custom made to your exact size.  Plus an optional zippered crotch.  :-)

Mark

If I could throw in my 2 cents worth (again), I would still go with a 2 piece set-up.  As I mentioned before, if you get a snag, tear or hole, (yes, it happens) with a one piece you will have a difficult time sewing lycra.  It mentions in the ad that they can add a zipper.  Has anyone ever tried to GET to a zipper in full armor?  

It also mentions that they can add thumb stirrups to hold your sleeves down.  This is actually a good idea, and keeps your wrist covered.  Alternatively, you can cut a one inch hole at the end of your sleeve for the same exact effect.  I did this on my first 2 shirts and never had any fraying or the like.

Nowdays, I just use gloves with extra long wrists.

Please don't think I am knocking this company in any way, it's just that after a few dozen troops you will  have fraying of the material, holes, etc., (especially us HWTs since we carry a pack) and it's a lot less expensive to replace a shirt or pants than to purchase an entire new one piece.

• Like 1

I use the underarmor 2 piece.  It gets cold up here so I have cold gear set too.  As mentioned the 2 piece can be flexible.  I wear it under ski gear - it's awesome.

Two piece compression top and pants works well, very good for keeping cool at warm troops and the two piece allows toilet breaks in armor. I do have a second cotton set that I wear over the top for colder troops.

• 2 years later...
8 hours ago, Echo3_Skywalker said:

Any recommendations and or sources for undersuits for women?

Stephanie | Cadet #2025

Ladies leggings and long sleeve Tshirt can work

10 hours ago, Echo3_Skywalker said:

Any recommendations and or sources for undersuits for women?

Stephanie | Cadet #2025

Hi Stephanie!  Although under (compression) suits are readily available at most major sporting good stores, they can be pretty pricey so I would try Amazon.  Just search "Ladies black long sleeve compression shirts" and "Ladies black compression suit pants".

• Like 1