Controlling volume..another alternative?

How do you guys control the volume on your speakers while trooping?  I have my speaker mounted inside my chest plate and there's no way for me to reach it myself to control it..always have to have someone else do it for me.  Would be awesome if there was a line I could run to my hand to control the volume myself.

What do you guys do?

Honestly, I figure out the loudest I could turn it up just below getting any feedback. I  then marked the volume knob on my speaker so before I suit up I just turn it to that mark. I just bought another mic hoping to get more volume out of my speaker cause often in loud spots people are asking me to repeat myself. 

• 11 months later...

I'm debating putting my speaker on my belt. I have always looked down on people that do that but it gives you the most control. It's so hard to control feedback and still be loud and in different environments, sometimes ppl taking loud, sometimes your speaker echoing off the walls.

If you have a TK Talkie or Trooper talk or one of those that add the static burst then you can use the EQ to knock down the frequency that is giving you the problem.

also you can set the volume output. This would allow you to turn up your amp to maximum but only allow a certain input to the amp, therefore not letting it get load enough to feedback. Not to mention if you like the background chatter of other troopers talking , you can also set that volume to a separate level than your voice.

this is what I do with my TKtalkie.

I'm debating putting my speaker on my belt. I have always looked down on people that do that but it gives you the most control. It's so hard to control feedback and still be loud and in different environments, sometimes ppl taking loud, sometimes your speaker echoing off the walls.

What are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After kitting up a few times I found the best level for the amp and cut a small notch on the volume tab and also marked it white and also a put a mark on the body so I know when it's in the best spot.

I also added an off switch which is mounted just under the neck of the chest plate so I can turn the amp on and off while in costume. I did have to open up the amp and cut the battery power positive lead then run two wires up to the switch ;) 

I’ve not tweaked mine in a long time whilst trooping. As with others I figured out how loud I can get it before it feeds back and then marked that in the dial. All I do each troop it just dial it to that line and call it done.  

I use a 3.5mm cable with a rolling volume control between the mic and amp.Glue or tape the volume control to the underside edge of You chest armor so You can swipe it up or down. It will never be noticed against the black undersuit.

WIN_20181112_18_29_25_Pro.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jcgavlik said:

I use a 3.5mm cable with a rolling volume control between the mic and amp.Glue or tape the volume control to the underside edge of You chest armor so You can swipe it up or down. It will never be noticed against the black undersuit.

WIN_20181112_18_29_25_Pro.jpg

That is kind of awesome! I might just try that