Anovos TK Bucket Lenses

SavageRaddish

Hey all! So I've been very committed to accomplishing my build and have made quite a bit of progress since my last post! To sum things up Ive got my armor (TKUSA) and my bucket (Anovos). Armor is coming along and it looks like we are going to have a build party in the next month or so. Bucket is moving along with mods as well. I've coated the interior with 2 layers of rubber undercoating, replaced the frown mesh, and my padding/velcro will be arriving any day now.

The last thing on the list are the lenses. So the bucket I purchased (3rd party) came with a single lens, essentially one long strip, and does not sit anywhere close to flush to the eyes in both the cornea area and the corners of the eye. Trust me its not even close. So I scored the lens into two pieces and took off a bit from their edges but the fit is still just not right and when fitted there is obvious stress on the corners pulling away from the helmet.

So my question is what is the best course of action in this scenario? Would it be better to purchase replacements that specifically fit Anovos, and if so any recommendations for sellers would be great. Or, do I work with what I have and use a specific method to secure the lenses to the helmet?

Apologies if this is covered in another thread! If it is please redirect me since there is sooooo much stuff on here (which is a great thing)!

Here is where I am at this point. I tried to get a decent amount of light into the interior so hopefully its clear. I was planning to trim the lenses to a symmetric shape but the one I trimmed smaller (on the right) still doesn't seem to want to stabilize. I don't mind a little gap at all, the original gap was excessive though, I wish I had a picture but I didn't take one of it unmodified.

22.JPG

2.JPG

17 hours ago, jedha-trooper said:

Hey Avi, it`s actually a good thing if the lens has some gap to help reduce fogging of the lens, but if you can post a pic it would help to see what can be done with what you already got:salute:

Yeah, I like this too.  I tried anti-fogging solution once on an older helmet and couldn't see crap.  Worst.  I have next to nothing in my helmet and there is a tiny gap at the bottom which you really can't see.  Very much helps with airflow. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SavageRaddish said:

Here is where I am at this point. I tried to get a decent amount of light into the interior so hopefully its clear. I was planning to trim the lenses to a symmetric shape but the one I trimmed smaller (on the right) still doesn't seem to want to stabilize. I don't mind a little gap at all, the original gap was excessive though, I wish I had a picture but I didn't take one of it unmodified.

22.JPG

2.JPG

Did you put the lenses inside the eye-opening? not sure if it`s my Eyes playing tricks on me...but if so I think you need some new ones I´m afraid....or...be super-patient when trying to fit them, my advice would be to replace, so much easier and there`s a lot of places to buy lenses from, trooperbay is one, he also has turtorials that show how to install them,  some buy welding protection lens and cut to size, troopermaster is another source.

Here´s a thread about it https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42659-original-tk-bucket-lenses/ 

Hope it helps:salute:

No the lenses aren't in on that picture, bad angle. But the info you added is perfect! I'm ordering a lens strip from Trooperbay. And thanks for that thread link! I think I'm going to keep the lenses in place using the putty method. Thanks again buddy!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...