7. Cinemateket "Children's Day" - Oslo [17.03.2018]
  8. Kazokucon - Rælingen [12.05.2018]
  9. 17th of May, Norwegian Constitution Parade - Trondheim [17.05.2018]
  10. Solo Premiere Colosseum Cinema - Oslo [23.05.2018]
  11. Solo Premiere Ringen Cinema - Oslo [23.05.2018]
  12. Solo ODEON Cinema - Oslo [26.05.2018]
  13. Desucon 2018 - Lillestrøm [22-24.06.2018]

1. Kawaiicon (Porsgrunn)

Went to a small'ish con for my first troop. Only pictures I got of me was me with bucket-off eating a chocolate bar and the picture below. Learned a lot during my first troop... and made adjustments accordingly!

QGBdmJX.jpg

Edited by Ensi

2. KidsExpo 2017 (Lillestrøm)

Second troop was way much more fun! I couldn't move without being stopped for a picture.. I guess the younger crowds really like the FOTK. Had a stand with a Tantive IV backdrop and a photo-printer. Proceeds went to a musical therapy and activity program for kids at Akershus Hospital.

Photo: TK-50501
5mFegZG.jpg

laGgCZo.jpg

Vader even brought his kid, it was awesome! How cute is this??

BsUTLoM.jpg

Edited by Ensi
  • Like 1

3. Star Wars concert with the Oslo Philharmonic (Oslo)

Now THIS one was a blast! Short story: My first real life encounter with the 501st Legion was at the same concert back in 2014. I was just in awe of the amazing stormtrooper costumes and for some weird reason geeked out so hard when I heard one of the TK's voice system with static bursts! Now I got to do the very same thing with the very same people with my own costume and voicebox, was the greatest feeling ever.

Plan was to mingle with the guests during the intermission and at the end of the concert. We also walked up in front of the stage (unfortunately up some stairs..) and stood there while they played the encore, Imperial March.

Knnmbuu.jpg

bvHnogK.jpg

Again, I couldn't move 2.54cm without being asked for a photo. I'm pretty sure I was stationary 90% of the time, going in and out of pose..

e28nR9d.jpg

Trooping is hard work.

4EwaEjN.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

4. The Last Jedi Premiere - Colosseum Cinema (Oslo) 13, 16, and 17th December,

This was a series of troops during the premiere weekend, the first one on the 13th was early in the morning. Dragging my TK on the morning commuter train was not fun :D We walked around before and after the start of the movies. We also stood inside the cinema right before the movie while a member of staff presented the film. 

tsyaXw8.jpg

nelK0oi.jpg

1cjlXWi.jpg

What was also fun was that in the entrance, they had those Anovos statues of the FO Executioner and the Praetorian Guard. I went behind the velvet divider and did "the statue" next to the executioner. Was so much fun seeing people walk by, inspecting me thinking "that's a good looking statue, are those the new stor-"HEY GUYS ENJOY THE MOVIE :laugh1:

Turn on sound and 1080p!

As you can see in the video, they also had this amazing system in place showing a galaxy with ships, fighters, everything on the dome/ceiling. Was totally awesome to witness.

Edited by Ensi

5. The Last Jedi Premiere - Ås Cinema (Ås)

We were asked to be part of the premiere in this small cinema. People did not expect us. As usual, walk around, greet people, take photos, check ID's on cinema entry. The usual shenanigans. I arrived early so I got kitted up first and when I walked out I almost tripped on the stage (didn't see it below me). Must've looked funny... No dedicated handler on this one, note to self: Get a dedicated handler.

kixH5UN.jpg

The cinema was governmental so it was in the same building as the library. Took some photos there too, while one person studied. Imagine sitting as the only person in a library studying and 2 stormtroopers and a snowie walk in :D 

qRG7pBA.jpg

• Like 1

6. The Last Jedi Premiere - Lillestrøm Cinema (Lillestrøm) [15.12.2017]

The usual, stand guard, mingle with guests, take photos  

SyOo5Zy.jpg

r8axvpW.jpg

3Vc8CAg.jpg

Oh, nice armors. Dwool. I liked the Tired Troopers photo. 
I'd try to tour the stage before appearing in public. Yeah, can't always do that. For fur-suiting I've developed a technique for feeling stairs with my paws … works for trooper armor too, but probably makes me look blind. (That's only because in suit I am blind! :smiley-sw013: ) 

• Like 1

7. Cinemateket "Children's Day" - Oslo [17.03.2018]

My first time actually supporting/handling for the local 501st gang here was at this troop in 2017. Again I was doing the same thing with the same people :D Felt really good! This time I also "premiered" my newly finished F-11D blaster which I assembled myself. Job was to take pictures with the kids as they were showing TFA an hour or two after.

Holding for General Hugs

tK9PzZ2.jpg

qHQQPtR.jpg

Mandatory Elevator Shot

nnn5cJ8.jpg

Edited by Ensi
  • Like 1

8. Kazokucon - Rælingen [12.05.2018]

This is a small con and this was its second year, which was fun as it was kind of intimate. We got the task of following the crew chief around trying to protect him from hugs and people shining his shoes (????). I sadly don't have any other pictures than me removing my helmet exposing my magnificent post-troop hairdoo and a friend trying on my kit and exposing what has gotten me known as TK-SHINYASS..

sdx5o8T.jpg

dhv0utM.jpg

9. 17th of May, Norwegian Constitution Parade - Trondheim [17.05.2018]

Now THIS, was bloody amazing. This was Norway's Constitution Day. It is tradition here to walk in a parade around the streets of different Norwegian cities, waving flags, celebrating Norwegian sovereignty on the 17th of May. For many many years we in the 501st have attended the parade in the city of Trondheim. We marched alongside a local marching band, which played music from Star Wars as we went through the streets. I have never seen so many phones come up at the same time when we arrived!!

x1r8Ziu.jpg

DNfqCSz.jpg

FUCUVeL.jpg

In this video you can see TK-50501 getting denied a handshake (:laugh1:), me, and also hear some SW music towards the end :) 

This was my first time and boy did it leave a mark on me. Definitely going back next year! (7 hour car ride)

• Like 1

10. Solo Premiere, Colosseum Cinema - Oslo [23.05.2018]

The premiere of Solo: A Star Wars story. Was a lot of fun!

jWOdJbW.jpg

10PILwQ.jpg

Also here is me trying to sit in a TK (which has become popular on the FISD FB group :laugh1:)

• Like 1

11. Solo Premiere, Ringen Cinema - Oslo [23.05.2018]

Same thing, different cinema.

Got this cool action shot!

4zJ4MhC.jpg

We also guarded the outside of the cinema. Fun thing here is I was standing outside "directing" traffic and people were just laughing so much, it was great!

WwiKcvl.jpg

A police car even stopped at a red light at this intersection. I did a military salute to them and they saluted me back.. Bet they don't have this advanced armor though!

They were also about to open a VR Lounge, which we tried, in armor of course, playing Super Hot. Was actually pretty doable without the helmet!

qE3YZqq.jpg

lYLHVzh.jpg

Edited by Ensi
  • Like 2

12. Solo, ODEON Cinema - Oslo [26.05.2018]

We attended an evening showing of Solo at another cinema, was fun!

Me before arriving at the cinema. We actually have a soda here in Norway called Solo. They even put out some advertisement with "Oh wow! Someone made a movie about our soda!"

3KgZN50.jpg

TK-50501 posing with said soda

RJpmsvP.jpg

All of us doing "The ANOVOS", except we all showed up on time

ox5yTQR.jpg

I tried manning the cash register for fun but ended up kocking over some guys soda (sorry dude!! :( )

1y2RQpY.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...