Which belt is better?

• 3 years later...

I don’t have my armor 100% complete just yet but plan to soon. I want to order as many of the soft parts as I can. For an imperial issue canvas belt order, I heard adding 5 inches to your overall waistline will give you an accurate size. Anyone have any experience with this? Any help or advice would be awesome. Thanks!

8 hours ago, boochamp said:

I don’t have my armor 100% complete just yet but plan to soon. I want to order as many of the soft parts as I can. For an imperial issue canvas belt order, I heard adding 5 inches to your overall waistline will give you an accurate size. Anyone have any experience with this? Any help or advice would be awesome. Thanks!

I make my belts to match the circumference of the armor while worn, depending on how the armor fits you can change the length. Can't say I've heard of the adding 5 inches to your waistline but I would think that would be about right. Always better to go a bit longer and cut off the extra rather than having a belt too short

A good how to for making your own belt

On 10/2/2021 at 8:57 AM, boochamp said:

Rob Kittell explicitly states the following on his TK canvas belt website listing:

"STOP! IMPORTANT!  The size you select needs to be your exact waist circumference measurement taken with your armor on.  DO NOT add length for the Velcro overlap in the back of the belt; I take that into account when I make it."

If you don't already have your torso pieces finished you can do what I did and trim the edges of your ab and kidney pieces to a proper fitment for you, and then take your measurement. That would be far more accurate than a generalized +5 inches to your waist.