Notable Troops

Imperial Attaché Program

Advanced Tactics Awards

EIB - The March To 1000

Merchandise

Public Relations
Follow FISD

eRGDj4d.png

For us Americans, November is the month of Thanksgiving.  I would like to give my thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to make 2017 a phenomenal year for FISD.  The staff in particular has been going full tilt.  From the massive Celebration push that resulted in our largest merchandise runs ever, getting 4 brand new CRL’s 100% complete (and by the time you read this, the FOTK’s will have L2/L3 as well), dozens of dozens of new EI & Centurions, plus one of the more drama free years for the forums, increased Facebook coverage and even the newsletter that you are reading now.  It’s all possible thanks to the tireless efforts of our staff. The attaches too have been very active in keeping the membership appraised of everything that is going on.  We thank them for their service as well.

Above and beyond all that, I’m thankful for the friendships that FISD and the Legion have created and forged, some going back a decade or more.  I am very thankful to be part of a Legion of people united by their love of Star Wars to bring joy to so many people.

That, and my armor. And my blaster.  Because the only thing better than hanging out with friends, is hanging out with friends in white armor, right?

What are you thankful for? Sound off and let share your thoughts.

photo-thumb-2.jpg

With Unquestioned Loyalty
Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader

nt0EOSc.png

Greetings fellow Troopers

Fist, I would like to thank Tim for his hard work and dedication as a Detatchement Leader and as an Detatchment XO.

Secondly, I would like to thank Paul for the trust to be his XO.

When I heard that Tim had to stepped down, Paul asked if we had any candidate in mind. I messaged Paul and raised my hand.

Why? Because I love the FISD. I come here and I feel at home. I don’t want to do this for glory or to tell people: Hey, I’m the XO. I do it for the love of these costumes.

A little about me. In the real world, I’m a production manager in aeronautical lifting equipment company. I joined the Legion in 2013. Currently, I have five 501st approved costume and one Rebel Legion costume.

In 2015, Eric Brager has asked me to come on board as a Deputy Provost Marshall. This year, Paul had promoted me as a full Provost Marshall. At the same time, I became an LCOG, which do take some of my free time. Now, currently FISD XO.

I’m always open and ready to talk. Feel free to message me.

Tolo

Eric Salottolo

TK37427 “Tolo”

FISD Executive Officer

ndJOxqC.png

TK rebels model.jpg 

Rebels - R

Sometimes it just takes one person on with the drive to get something to done.  TK-11281, Eric Meyer, who is also the current DL of CTN, worked hard to get the details on his Rebel TK correct, and was instrumental not only in being the CRL model (quite the claim to fame), but also did a all the photoshopping of the parts and was the  a key contributor to the CRL text.  Talk about trailblazing!

Without the diligence, persistence, and true grit, this costume would still be sitting in draft form. I would like to personally thank all of you who helped get this CRL across the finish line. Congratulations on becoming the first approved and CRL model Eric TK11281.

photo-thumb-2.jpg

Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader

KqsQmLY.png

Do You Know The Rules?

Many of us collect challenge coins but do you know the rules of engagement?

BjBfHPW.jpg

Don't get caught

LHOi2Sc.png

This past month has been filled with some absolutely phenomenal troop reports!

If you haven’t done so already, I highly encourage everyone to check out the epic experiences had by all - Bricktober, The Last Jedi Trailer at Half-time, Run for the Cure, Micheal Giacchino's 50th Birthday, Libracon, Naha Parade, and so many more.

This month, I would like to recognize a photo that speaks volumes.

Honoring
TK - 91488
Preston
“All I can really say is that I feel privileged to be part of this organization.”

5aaa478e2829bad340f51a1d983a4f39.jpg

photo-thumb-25147.jpg  

Aaron Gibson
TK99725
"Pyrates"
Imperial Propaganda Department

KrmrsH2.png

A new monthly item that lists a few unusual facts about the SW franchise.

This month:  "ANH Stormtroopers"

The local actors hired to play Sandies in the ANH scene where they are investigating the escape pod were paid a whopping 8,500 Tunisian Dinars.  (about $6.50).  

When you hear the "clunking" sound of blasters being cocked, it is actually the sound of a parking meter handle being turned.

The sound of the E-11s was made by using a hammer to strike the "guy wire" of a radio antenna.

Luke's line (as a TK)  "I can't see a thing in this helmet" was not scripted.   He said it to Harrison Ford when he thought the  cameras had stopped rolling, and it was left in the film.  (Welcome to OUR world, you whiny Rebel).

In the opening scene, this is the only time in the  Saga where a TK uses an Imperial Blaster in the "stun"  mode.  

t8EkMGd.png

lseaL45.jpg

l0RIiYd.png

The Last Jedi Trailer II

Members of the 501st Midwest, Great Lakes, Southern California and Wisconsin Garrison's as well as Disney actors walked out on to the field during halftime of the NFL football game between the Chicago Bears and the Minnesota Vikings in Chicago last month.

Fireworks flashed while the Stormtroopers marched onto the field as the new trailer to Star Wars The Last Jedi played onscreen.

At the request of Disney/LFL we can't show you their faces or tell you their names but well done all involved you know who you are.

Kf6q1GN.png

NYCC Star Wars Experience

Star Wars: The Last Jedi is almost here, and Lucasfilm is going full blast with the marketing for the second movie in the sequel trilogy. The Star Wars booth at the NYCC has this amazing gimmick where they lockdown the booth full of visitors then they get raided by First Order Stormtroopers.

Check it out:

39ZpmAs.png

RcDDNWp.png

TIME TO VOTE!!!!

The competition is now closed, but you will be able to choose the design you like best on this thread:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43345-we-need-your-vote/

The winner will receive a free patch of their winning design and 501st car decal along with some other cool swag, but most importantly, bragging rights!

It is still amazing how many talented members we have here, thank you to all of you who participated.

W5H3BMR.png

Trooping Battlefront II & The Last Jedi

For those that are unaware the 501st has been given approval by Disney/LFL to organise troops for both the premier of The Last Jedi and also the release of Battlefront II. There are a couple of rules, as always please make sure the host of the event does not advertise your appearance, BUT you are welcome to advertise on your own / garrison / squad's social media. Also for The Last Jedi you can only visit cinemas, no other retail locations.

Official correspondence from Disney/LFL

· November 17-19: Battlefront II Launch

· December 14-21: The Last Jedi Theatrical Events

Hi all,

We wanted to send the club leads some advance notice of two events that will be open to costumed appearances by fans without prior approval from Disney or Lucasfilm – the Battlefront II launch, spanning the weekend of November 17-19 (give or take a day or two) and the release of The Last Jedi, during the week of December 14-21.

For the Battlefront II launch, we’re asking that the appearances be limited to those retailers who are selling Battlefront II and that costumed appearances not be used in the advertising for the event.

Costumed fans who wish to participate at special events surrounding the launch of The Last Jedi between December 14-21, 2017 may do so at accommodating theaters without seeking approval from Disney/Lucasfilm. Like the BFII launch, we are asking that costumed appearances not be used in the advertising for the event. We are leaving it to the individual fans and fan groups to independently organize around these events as they see fit, so if you or your group will require a special area for changing in/out of costume, etc., please reach out to the theater management/staff to make those arrangements.

PLEASE NOTE that costumed appearances for The Last Jedi premieres are restricted to theatrical venues only and do not include general retailers, toy stores, restaurants, etc.

We want to thank all our fans for their continued support of Star Wars and look forward to celebrating more exciting movie releases with you in the years to come!

*NOTE* Always follow your garrison/squad's guidelines when in comes to organising Disney/LFL promotional troops.

Zzea6qi.png

Want Your Troop to be Included?

Post your troop report in the Field Training Exercises section here

Those with troop logs please post a separate troop report as it is easier to link too.

October

CIBC Run For The Cure

f527cb7b0611d48e1297339ae1076267.jpg

More here

By: Teresa, Soulart, TK41307

Star Wars Reads Day, Tampa, FL

ZdGS2y9.jpg

More here

By: Mike, WhiteWalker, TK82666

Libricon 2017 Grande Prairie Alberta

62024e89bc21aa663a9c59cde337f22c.jpg

More here

By: Teresa, Soulart, TK41307

Bricktober 2017

ls0T6fX.jpg    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/923/XAVwaG.jpg

More Day 1 here    Day 2 here

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, TK85421

Boo at the Zoo

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/923/WteWFE.jpg

More here

Naha Parade 2017

3vqloTi.jpg

More here

By: Asa, SgtGarand

The Last Jedi Ticket Launch Event

36975586553_c55de16d41_b.jpg

More here

By: Darren, JAFO, TK11412

Telethon Kids Carnival 2017

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/924/TuLANl.jpg

More here: Day 1  Day2

TK11463 & TK10909 Invade Fort Myers Comic Fest

3501a5604fa25591c3116b8b7462b82f.jpg

More here

By: Mike msouza, TK11463

Samara's 7th Birthday

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/924/tsy1qa.jpg

More here

qvtgYL4.png

http://i.imgur.com/REASe78.jpg

Serve proudly, gentlemen, and and Tim (Dark CMF) says:  "Keep doing what it is that got you here"!

Are you an approved TK that spends more time on the boards than the average Trooper?  Do you enjoy using your knowledge to help out future and existing Troopers?  If so, we would like to invite you to join the Imperial Attache program!

Members of the I.A. team are chosen to help out not only those here on the boards, but on a local level as well.  Our aim is to have at least one in each and every Garrison, Squad and Outpost in the entire legion to be the eyes and ears of the FISD on a local level.

A suggested level of EIB or above is preferred, as part of the duties include assisting those aiming for levels 2 and 3, but is not a requirement.  Being active on the boards on a regular basis , welcoming new members and helping out where you can is, though.  

Some of the benefits:

1.  Access to exclusive Attache merch., including patches, etc.

2.  Having the Imperial Attache title under your name.

3.  Being a part of the team that welcomes new and prospective members of the FISD.

4.  Being the "go-to" person in your Garrison, Squad or Outpost.

5.  Exclusive access to the Attache HQ area, Imperial Propaganda Machine (newsletter) and merchandise discussions.

We are currently in need of Attaches in many units, especially International Garrisons/Squads and Outposts.  For more information on this program, please head here and if you should have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

:salute:  OUR NEWEST ATTACHES:salute:

On behalf of the Command Staff, I would like to take this opportunity to say WELCOME to the newest members of the Imperial Attache program!

1.  Dave (TK 34288)  Empire City Garrison (NY)

2 Dennis (TK 11612  Philippine Garrison

3.  Shea (TK-50010)  Starkiller Garrison (PA.)

4Daniel (TK 99665)  Nordic Garrison (Sweden)

Serve proudly, gentlemen, and and Tim (Dark CMF) says:  "Keep doing what it is that got you here"!

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

1hgspoA.png

This area lists all those who have gone above and beyond basic approval toward screen accuracy. 

FOR  OCTOBER - NOVEMBER the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

Dave Bland  "blandd85"  TK 41085  EIB 762

Chris Keeling  "Severian"  TK 71716  EIB 763

Jean-Baptiste Bussard  "Delorean"  TK 12996  EIB 764

Gary Cardenas  "FencingCorvetteTrooper"  TK 72313  EIB 765

Sha Sha Chu  "shashachu"  TK 19233  EIB 766

Simon Hansen  "SimonBoba"  TK 32700  EIB 767

Daniel Melin  "jedha-trooper"  TK 99665  EIB 768

GREAT job on your approval, now on to Level 3!

Request your free EIB certificate here

Centurion Badge Award:
http://www.whitearmor.net/eib/centurion_badge.png

Jorge Alegre  "trooperGonzo"  TK 34727  Centurion 353

Taylor A. Goodson  "Ruthar"  TK 12110  Centurion 354

Daniel Melin  "jedha-trooper"  TK 99665  Centurion 355

Outstanding job on reaching Centurion, troopers!

Request your free Centurion certificate here  

If you see any of these Troopers around your Garrison or Squad, be sure to congratulate them!

o5imOS4.png

3aJDUFt.png

As many of you are aware, the FISD is currently in our March to 1000 program.  Our goal is to reach the one thousand mark of Troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry Badge, and although we are well on our way to this goal, we still have a long way to go!  The amount of approved submissions is increasing (over 80 this year alone) thanks to the dedication of those willing to go the "extra mile" toward screen accuracy.  

Here is a brief description of EIB as written by Paul (Daetrin), our founder:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable..."

Besides the added pride you will have in your armor, those reaching this level can purchase exclusive EIB gear (patches, decals, coins (coming soon) etc.) and get a free certificate for your accomplishment.  If you are interested or would like more information about the program head here that will help.  You can also contact myself or any Imperial Attaché, and we will be more than happy to assist you!

PC8A8HU.png

Racing Shirts

Preston TK91488  has posted an interest thread for FISD racing shirts, it can be found here

Also

Some FISD merchandise now available thanks to Mike TK4510 for organising these.

coinproofb.jpg

New Challenge Coin

$10 US.  Shipping and paypal fees included.

$12 International.  Shipping and paypal fees included.

Sale thread here

Also

G6LNIMl.png

New Troopers Helping Troopers 3 inch decal, design by Glen TK85421

Decals are $4.00 each, shipped anywhere worldwide

Sale thread here

Also

http://powaysigncompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Cent_EIB_Stickers.jpg

FISD Blue EIB or Centurion Red 4 inch sticker with rocker and badge.

Pricing $5.00 each, shipped anywhere worldwide

Sales thread here

More FISD approved merchandise can be found here

LxAOZgX.png

Newsletter

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the kind words received about last month's newsletter, it was good to hear the newsletter was greatly received, we will endeavour to bring you some new content each month.

We are always on the look out for content, ideas, funny photos or even your TK adventure story so feel free to contact either Danny or myself.

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac 

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communication

&

photo-thumb-20691.png 

Daniel Lauber

TK55550 - "Ripper_L"
PRO - Content Editor At Large

AXQVWcW.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac 

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communication
s

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department

JN4tHJI.png                2kTZfVV.png               Y7UThx4.png

<End Transmission>

rQktppc.png

• Like 11