Kohl's Chelsea Boots Option?

I saw that these chelsea boots are on sale at Kohls right now. They seem like a good possibility for converting to white, and don't have any seams on the front. There is even an extra $10 off with code. Of course, they are imitation, not real leather, though. What do you guys think?

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2911525/apt-9-edgewood-mens-chelsea-boots.jsp?color=Black&prdPV=4

2911525_Black?wid=882&hei=882&op_sharpen

Good question. Other than the soles would need to be painted black, the upper white, and there's no seams anywhere I can see. This may be a cheap alternative. Any other staff members care to comment?

So I coincidentally was looking into buying my own boots today, and found the same boots in my search. I was able to find some at my Kohl's, and got some at a great price.
------------

So the big thing that I notice is that the front pull loop is missing. I'm sure there is a way to add one, but I am definitely far from experienced. In fact, I just started trimming my first kit, so I could be missing some pretty glaring issues. If there isn't a way to add the loop on the front, if a more experienced trooper could tell me so I can return these before going all out modifying these. :smiley-sw013:

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Keeping the soles black instead of wood grain would be the issue.  You would have to find something permanent that would also soak into the sole. This way it would not simply scratch off while walking or scuffing against something. 

1 hour ago, tydirium1 said:
Keeping the soles black instead of wood grain would be the issue.  You would have to find something permanent that would also soak into the sole. This way it would not simply scratch off while walking or scuffing against something. 

Kind of like keeping black boots white lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

As long as they have a black sole and are completely white I don’t see an issue with them. The harder part may be keeping the elastic webbing white but if the did it for the original trilogy I see no reason it can’t be done now.