ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

Packing (from my perspective). NOTE: Old shirts placed in between most sections.

1) Ab, Kidney and Posterior remain together and are placed on one end of the tote with the ab buttons facing the foam.

2) Inside the Ab I place the thighs, inside the thigh shins.

3) Chest and Back are next, collapsed, nothing inside. 

4) Next helmet and boots.

5) Drop in the smaller storage box above the helmet and boots.

6) Place belt and soft goods and belt above chest/back .

7) Forearms drop inside shins, biceps and and bells lay across everything else.  

• Like 2

Shin cover strip -
NOTE:  Some GMLs are strict enough to deny your basic approval with the cover strip being incorrectly installed. 
If you don't have enough, place a shorter section at the top, mix up a little ABS paste and fill the gap. Polish and go.

So I found a strip I had ordered from Trooperbay as a “just in case”. When I got it you could notice the shade was a bit off. I’ve never used it and was all out of the AM strips from my kit. I could have put the small piece in and pasted it but then there would have been an obvious crack. I did cover inside and outside strips on everything. Had I known I would have saved some strips and used the Trooperbay stuff for the insides but it was too little too late. So I decided on a whole new strip as opposed to having the obvious crack. Anyway... IMG_2581.JPG

Here is the difference in the shades under 4 60w LED daylight bulbs. It’s noticeable in the light but I think when I’m tripping it’s not gonna be as noticeable. Top one is AM original cover strip and bottom one is the Trooperbay strip.
IMG_2582.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

So I found a strip I had ordered from Trooperbay as a “just in case”. When I got it you could notice the shade was a bit off. I’ve never used it and was all out of the AM strips from my kit. I could have put the small piece in and pasted it but then there would have been an obvious crack. I did cover inside and outside strips on everything. Had I known I would have saved some strips and used the Trooperbay stuff for the insides but it was too little too late. So I decided on a whole new strip as opposed to having the obvious crack. Anyway... 

Here is the difference in the shades under 4 60w LED daylight bulbs. It’s noticeable in the light but I think when I’m tripping it’s not gonna be as noticeable. Top one is AM original cover strip and bottom one is the Trooperbay strip.

You're the only person who will notice it ;)

Next question...
I bought stickers for my ab buttons cause I didn’t like the paint job. I saw somewhere on here there was a trick to getting them on without creases using a hair dryer. Anyone know what I’m talking about.

7 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Might have just enough to do 1 cover strip. I used a lot on my original mess ups. I know I saved what I have so I’d have to check the box and see if there is enough to do 1 more. Good news is everything is out of the box cause I can’t fit it all back in.

Also a question about centurion. My sides are angled cause my buttIMG_2580.JPG is big. You can see it a bit in the attached pic. Can I shim that on an angle or do I have to straighten it all out and shim?

you cant have any black (for the most part) showing on the sides for Level 3. Also, are your gloves rubber? They look like a felt. and you need to notch your belt, the corners shouldn't be there. Your missing the 3 rivets on the left side. that's all I can really tell that's missing for level 3 based on the pic above

you cant have any black (for the most part) showing on the sides for Level 3. Also, are your gloves rubber? They look like a felt. and you need to notch your belt, the corners shouldn't be there. Your missing the 3 rivets on the left side. that's all I can really tell that's missing for level 3 based on the pic above

Yea they are the nomex gloves, I have the rubber gloves just didn’t wear them for the pic cause they are hot as hell even with glove inserts. Need to get the side rivets and cod snaps I know someone on here sells them but before I do that I need to shim the sides for no black. Which I’d need a decent size pieces of plastic which I can’t seem to find someone that sells the plastic in a similar shade at the dimensions I need. Other then that the belt can be notched and I’m on a wait list for a new thigh belt.

14 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

What do you mean by add padding?

He means add padding in the kidney plate to help keep the kidney plate level. If it's sitting too close to your body near the top, adding padding there will push it outwards a bit to stop it from resting on an incline.

He means add padding in the kidney plate to help keep the kidney plate level. If it's sitting too close to your body near the top, adding padding there will push it outwards a bit to stop it from resting on an incline.

Ohhh that makes sense. Thanks

So the excitement has begun and the armor has arrived. No idea how to do this and no clue where to begin. If anyone can help with some direction that would be great. I’ve watched a few videos and they skip over some things. Just don’t want to mess up and have to redo it all. 
92F2AEC4-7E1E-4540-B3D8-CD629C5C6790.jpeg.a4bd856573dc2566cd5570bd6e25b1a4.jpeg

U must get LEXAN SCISSORS ️ ....

• Like 1

U must get LEXAN SCISSORS ️ ....

Thanks, that’s a must, but I’m done already. Your the second person that commented recently on my first post from 11/17. Is it not showing the thread? Some people are commenting on my most recent post so I’m not sure if something is up with tapatalk.

18 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Yea they are the nomex gloves, I have the rubber gloves just didn’t wear them for the pic cause they are hot as hell even with glove inserts. Need to get the side rivets and cod snaps I know someone on here sells them but before I do that I need to shim the sides for no black. Which I’d need a decent size pieces of plastic which I can’t seem to find someone that sells the plastic in a similar shade at the dimensions I need. Other then that the belt can be notched and I’m on a wait list for a new thigh belt.

Your not far from what you want, just a little more leg work. I know you had a tough go when you started, reading your thread helped me out a lot to know what to watch out for, Ill be shooting for Centurion during my build to make things easier and less expensive for myself. Man is it hard being on here talking about the build without actually having my armor. I feel like when it comes in im going to have to read 20 more threads to stay fresh.

You could pad your kidney a little bit, but you will still need side shims to meet Centurion specs. Insert some padding, cinch your belt up snug and see what gaps you have left. Don't touch your ab plate, only add shims to your kidney plate, and yes, try to square up the shim if possible, vs a pie shaped piece.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I had my first troop on 4/7. It was a 5k event in a neighboring town. I was so nervous I barely slept the night before.
Got there early and met some of the Garrison people who were awesome. Original forecast was for snow and rain but all we got was some wind and cold. There were a few other TKs and a TD so I had some good company. After getting geared up, we went out and started walking around and found it amazing to see the magic happen from the other side. Usually I’m the one asking for a pic now it was me getting asked. Had some great interactions with kids and got a few hugs. Even the teens were all about getting pics. As for my armor it held up well. Nothing fell apart but my biceps were falling (fix in progress) and my shins turn (still working on that one). Had to do without the hearing assist after an hour cause the earbud cord kept falling out (still can’t find speakers that work in the helmet without feedback). About the same time the mic got lost so I took the helmet off and readjusted it only to lose it again (think it was the balaclava position). It’s crazy how a kid can run up to you and you don’t even see them, sight line will take getting use to but luckily I didn’t walk on any kids and the whole walking thing takes some getting used to. Also couldn’t get my gun out of the holster (not a deal breaker) just not used to moving with all that on. And of course I ended up with the groin/arm armor bites but not too bad. For a first troop I think it went very well. Next troop is this weekend, 2 weekends in a row! Hopefully the fixes will correct the issue. And lastly I ordered some scout armor for a second costume. Think I’m addicted.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

So three troops into it and I get this on the chest...
IMG_2817.JPG
Someone told me to use fiberglass Sheetrock tape. So I put three layers on, and e6000 the heck outta it.
IMG_2882.JPG
Then I glued modeling clay along the edge for support.
IMG_2884.JPG
After it hardened I put strips of spare ABS over it to strengthen it more.
b2f09d1c76844833271ab5199a668eb6.jpg
Any other idea.

nxfR0U9.png

Just trying to do anything and everything to stop it. Wasn’t happy about it after three troops but I traced it back to storage issue and it’s my own fault. So none the less the wife wasn’t happy I spent all that money and I messed it up. Hopefully this all holds. Just figured I’d throw it out and see if anyone else had suggestions as to what they did.

nxfR0U9.png