ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

Question #1 not sure
Question #2 His name is Walt. But they quickly reply on their Facebook page. Also ATA is an option for replacement parts. Both Vendors info can be found in the Getting Started section in the vetted armor maker thread.
Question#3 I'll just say, don't be a Rebel Dottie

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Question #1 not sure
Question #2 His name is Walt. But they quickly reply on their Facebook page. Also ATA is an option for replacement parts. Both Vendors info can be found in the Getting Started section in the vetted armor maker thread.
Question#3 I'll just say, don't be a Rebel Dottie

Not sure why I though he went under a different screen name. Also next time your near Philly I think we should get a few cases of beer and watch some movies, your quotes bring back some fond memories haven’t seen that in forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. Love a cheese steak! I use to go down to Lancaster and I'd look foward to going to a place called Capt. Gus'. Best Sandwich I ever had.

Found out no other vendor’s colors will match they are all a shade off. But on a bright side I spoke to Mighty Tank at AM and he is checking on some replacement parts. I’d like to redo my shin first and if he has extra I might look into the thighs to see if I can get them a little better. That’s all if the price is right.

2 hours ago, Frank1769 said:

Found out no other vendor’s colors will match they are all a shade off. But on a bright side I spoke to Mighty Tank at AM and he is checking on some replacement parts. I’d like to redo my shin first and if he has extra I might look into the thighs to see if I can get them a little better. That’s all if the price is right.

Most are a slightly different shade, hopefully you will have some luck with AM

Frank,
  Try AM armor's costuming group on facebook...talk to Armor masters they are currently running extra AM parts. Great resource for AM builders.

Thanks, just got told I’m good and would pass basic except for a minor bicep issue. But I’m still looking into the possible purchase of replacement parts.
I’m not on Facebook so that would probably make it hard to contact the costuming group. (I know I’m like one of the only people not on there, but I’ve got my reasons and I’m sticking with them.)
Contacted AM about replacements and was told it’s rare but not completely unlikely and he said the shins or thighs would be sold in sets (right and left thigh or left and right shin). I’ve got no problem buying both sides cause I’m all for spares! He’s gonna check the stock and get back to me. Just comes down to price. If it’s too costly I might make due with what I have and save to purchase another costume. TK is great and I’m gonna love the ability to be one but after doing all this with the way my body fluctuates I’m thinking I might want a more forgiving back up plan.

3 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

Thanks, just got told I’m good and would pass basic except for a minor bicep issue. But I’m still looking into the possible purchase of replacement parts.
I’m not on Facebook so that would probably make it hard to contact the costuming group. (I know I’m like one of the only people not on there, but I’ve got my reasons and I’m sticking with them.)
Contacted AM about replacements and was told it’s rare but not completely unlikely and he said the shins or thighs would be sold in sets (right and left thigh or left and right shin). I’ve got no problem buying both sides cause I’m all for spares! He’s gonna check the stock and get back to me. Just comes down to price. If it’s too costly I might make due with what I have and save to purchase another costume. TK is great and I’m gonna love the ability to be one but after doing all this with the way my body fluctuates I’m thinking I might want a more forgiving back up plan.

They just had a set or couple sets of Thighs up this week.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Frank, 

Just checking in to see how your build is going? 

Working on submission three. I rushed the second submission at the end of January and didn’t check the pics properly. I’ve been back and forth with Roddie about issues he’s had and think everything has been cleared up and should have no issues passing this time around. Unfortunately with the election nothing can be approved until March.

I’m squiring the Warminster Library event tomorrow. Bit nervous, bit excited, really wanted this to be my first TK event since it’s so close. There will be a few TKs there so I can get some hands on looks at how they do their armor. Which is probably better then jumping right in. Then hopefully I’ll get my numbers in March. Gotta get some new pics taken.

Hope all is going well with you? Wedding planning is a fun task I remember it vividly. Although if I was in the 501st then I probably would have had a line of TKs when I entered.

It is always easier when you have someone there who knows the costume to help with taking the photos, an adjustment here and there can be all that is needed.

It's hard at this time of the year for new applicants, I have two on hold and they are bitting at the bit

Good luck at the event, I'm sure other TK's will give you some tips and feedback.

It is always easier when you have someone there who knows the costume to help with taking the photos, an adjustment here and there can be all that is needed.

It's hard at this time of the year for new applicants, I have two on hold and they are bitting at the bit

Good luck at the event, I'm sure other TK's will give you some tips and feedback.

You personally have two costumes on hold? How many do you have?

4 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

You personally have two costumes on hold? How many do you have?

Not personally, I should have worded it "I have two new 501st applicants on hold" ( but I do have 21 501st costumes )

9 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

21!!!!
Can you list them? What are your favorites?

OTTK and FOTK I swap between and their different versions

Then it's Bikerscout

I won't list them all, you can see them here

Could say I got bitten by the building bug BIG TIME ;) 

OTTK and FOTK I swap between and their different versions
Then it's Bikerscout
I won't list them all, you can see them here
Could say I got bitten by the building bug BIG TIME  

Thanks awesome, I hope to someday have a few. I’ve been looking around for a second costume cause I really did enjoy it. I know I can’t even get the first to pass and I’m already looking at a second. Joined a few other forums. Been looking at ROTJ Royal Guard, Biker Scout, or Snow Trooper. I like the thought of the mask to remain anonymous. My main concern is growing out of the lower half of my TK. Any suggestions? From what it looks like it’s basically all around the same price.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

Thanks awesome, I hope to someday have a few. I’ve been looking around for a second costume cause I really did enjoy it. I know I can’t even get the first to pass and I’m already looking at a second. Joined a few other forums. Been looking at ROTJ Royal Guard, Biker Scout, or Snow Trooper. I like the thought of the mask to remain anonymous. My main concern is growing out of the lower half of my TK. Any suggestions? From what it looks like it’s basically all around the same price.

Correct all have their own specific parts and makers but all around the @ pricing.

A bridge crewman gives you a few options with some add on's, Tie reserve, Gunner, Tie Pilot.

Biker I do enjoy as you are still a white trooper but you can sit ;) 

First squire activity went well. Hooked up with two TKs near me which would have been super great 3 months ago but oh well. Had a good time though makes me want to get out in the armor soon. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

First squire activity went well. Hooked up with two TKs near me which would have been super great 3 months ago but oh well. Had a good time though makes me want to get out in the armor soon. Fingers crossed.

Great to hear, experience eyes are always a great help when it comes to builds ;) 

Hey Frank, 

Good to know you are pushing through. I am helping someone with their TK this weekend. If you need any help with the photos, perhaps I can swing by? PM your address and I'll see if I can swing by that day. I am heading up to the Pocono area on Sunday.