ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

Thanks. Just depressing. I took off of work a lot during December to get this done before the new year to get approved for a February troop, I really wanted to do. Now I’m dealing with these stupid shoulders and I was told that he noticed that on a brief glance and I’ll get the final review in two weeks. Plus when I took the pics I didn’t have my damn biceps hooked on right either (that’s my fault for not reviewing the pics well enough). Then due to elections in February I can’t get approved until March. Just need to rant and yell a little. I’ve had great interactions here but dealing with the Garrison has left me defeated. Still gonna go and help at the troop in February so I’m sure things will be different. Ahhhhhh!!!!

Ok little better now... thanks...

So you think I should leave the right side, and just try and reposition the left? It’s noticeable from the side shot it’s definitely crooked. Just not sure how to fix it. They are both attached at basically the same spot, I would have assumed they would align properly. Maybe my shoulders are crooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hard to tell without back photo. You're aiming for a nice even bell on both sides. When I did mine we took a half dozen of each side they're looking for and I would review each before moving on. I hear your pain. Your missing the troop you was aiming for but you'll have plenty of fun when you get that ID.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Keyword here, uniformity. That's what most GMLs look for. Here's my advice, align your armor as seen below. Side seams need to aim directly to the side. Front and rear cover strips need to aim directly front or back and be in line with armor above and/or below. Hope this make sense. 

Whomever you're having take your photos needs to be aware of alignment and what your armor should look like so your photos are correct.  

left.JPG.b0111fbacedb42cf04f2ce8ea024a6ae.JPGfront-crop.JPG.a6dee616a5bb2a2a0a50be1b3fd33bf5.JPG

• Like 1

Keyword here, uniformity. That's what most GMLs look for. Here's my advice, align your armor as seen below. Side seams need to aim directly to the side. Front and rear cover strips need to aim directly front or back and be in line with armor above and/or below. Hope this make sense. 

Whomever you're having take your photos needs to be aware of alignment and what your armor should look like so your photos are correct.  

left.JPG.b0111fbacedb42cf04f2ce8ea024a6ae.JPGfront-crop.JPG.a6dee616a5bb2a2a0a50be1b3fd33bf5.JPG

Ok I see the crookedness on the arm. Saw that after the fact. My wife takes the pics she’s got not idea but I should have looked closer before sending and getting out of it all. As for the legs. Your lines look like they are straight down. The CRL shows the thighs starting slightly off to the outside.

IMG_1752.JPG

That’s what’s throwing me off a bit, not completely but a bit. Should I make them straighter?

Hang in there, Frank. I had to do adjustments after my first submission too. Based on that and reading comments on other submission, I tried to gather up all the tidbits into one place. It's a ton of stuff! I hope this helps. 

• Like 2

Hang in there, Frank. I had to do adjustments after my first submission too. Based on that and reading comments on other submission, I tried to gather up all the tidbits into one place. It's a ton of stuff! I hope this helps. 

Thanks. I’ll have to have the wife read up on this too when we take the next set of photos.

Ok Frank everything will work itself out. Like everyone has said so far is you are having alignment issues. The pieces themselves fit you but now it’s coming down the making it all look right.  So you showed the picture of the CRL model and are looking at how his armor fits him. Well I would throw that out the window. You don’t have the same body type as that trooper. You should focus on getting your “lines”to line up right. Don’t compare yourself to another trooper. It will make you have less stressed about it all. Once you have yourself all lined up then you will look right. 

Listen my wife was always my photographer and like yours, she knows nothing about a stormtrooper. But guess what?  They actually learn as time goes on and you torture them with more photos. Lol!  You will get this right. Keep showing us photos and we will get you there. 

I like what Tony has done so far for you. Try and then post some new photos. If you can maybe pull up your thighs a little more as well 

Ok Frank everything will work itself out. Like everyone has said so far is you are having alignment issues. The pieces themselves fit you but now it’s coming down the making it all look right.  So you showed the picture of the CRL model and are looking at how his armor fits him. Well I would throw that out the window. You don’t have the same body type as that trooper. You should focus on getting your “lines”to line up right. Don’t compare yourself to another trooper. It will make you have less stressed about it all. Once you have yourself all lined up then you will look right. 

Listen my wife was always my photographer and like yours, she knows nothing about a stormtrooper. But guess what?  They actually learn as time goes on and you torture them with more photos. Lol!  You will get this right. Keep showing us photos and we will get you there. 

I like what Tony has done so far for you. Try and then post some new photos. If you can maybe pull up your thighs a little more as well 

Hate torturing her with taking pics lol. The thighs are as high as they’ll go. My thighs are big and I couldn’t get the tops any bigger. I’ve got two different straps on them to try and get them higher. High tension Velcro and Pencaps system.

Ok. Daughter was sick from school today (she’s better now, rough night for us all) so while she slept I did laundry and worked on the shoulders. Comments welcome (and expected). Was a little hard getting pics myself so that is why there are two front shots, so each arm can lay flat.

Just a reminder because there a lot of threads on here. Originally I was dinged for the shoulders being too far back and not close enough to the shoulder straps and biceps were too low. Then I got dinged for the shoulders being too forward, and I forgot to hook my biceps so they were a mess.

IMG_1780.JPGIMG_1781.JPGIMG_1783.JPGIMG_1785.JPG

Shoulder bells should almost be touching the shoulder strap or cover. If you're using elastic up top switch to nylon. Also make sure the lower strap is tight around the bicep holding the lower edge tightly against the bicep. 

d25f35ce-4b60-43b6-85ad-f25b4419fbdb.jpg

Shoulder bells should almost be touching the shoulder strap or cover. If you're using elastic up top switch to nylon. Also make sure the lower strap is tight around the bicep holding the lower edge tightly against the bicep. 

d25f35ce-4b60-43b6-85ad-f25b4419fbdb.jpg

Lower edge of bicep? I thought the strap went around the top of the bicep? Close to the arm pit

Lower edge of bicep? I thought the strap went around the top of the bicep? Close to the arm pit

When he say's lower edge he means of bell. Make sure strap is snug. From the pictures the bottom of bell should be right around bicep. Like TK's in photo. But yes your tops could come in more at bridges. Elastic is no good for that spot. Nylon wont give and will hold in place better.

• Like 1

When he say's lower edge he means of bell. Make sure strap is snug. From the pictures the bottom of bell should be right around bicep. Like TK's in photo. But yes your tops could come in more at bridges. Elastic is no good for that spot. Nylon wont give and will hold in place better.

Oh um yea I knew that’s what he was talking about... lol thanks. Should I place the strap close to the lower edge of the bell?

1 hour ago, Frank1769 said:

Oh um yea I knew that’s what he was talking about... lol thanks. Should I place the strap close to the lower edge of the bell?

gallery_12157_59_21015-crop.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You really need to bring your thighs up. From the picture your thigh ammo pack looks like it is mounted wrong. Now this is only one picture but it appears you trimmed it short. It looks like it needed to wrap in more. That would need to be addressed first. But it would definitely help lifting thighs.

3 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

How much do you think I should take off? Inch? I don’t want to go too far.

Keep it as thight as possible, test fit before you cut :)

You really need to bring your thighs up. From the picture your thigh ammo pack looks like it is mounted wrong. Now this is only one picture but it appears you trimmed it short. It looks like it needed to wrap in more. That would need to be addressed first. But it would definitely help lifting thighs.

Thighs won’t come up any higher unless I disassemble them, shim and ABS paste them and I don’t have the know how nor the courage to go at that. The ammo pack was cut short, read something wrong and ended up cutting it short. It was a bad day but I can’t seem to get a new one so it’s gonna heave to do. Tried ordering one and it was the wrong shade and looked awful not to mention it was an off brand which made it flimsy and cheap. Tried PMing and emailing AM about some spare parts and never received a reply back so I’m out of ideas.
It’s good enough to pass basic. From there I’ll decide if I want to have at it or save and start over with the knowledge I have with building now.

Regarding the thighs: try and rotate them slightly inwards, should help reduce the black showing, just not to much so the lining with the shins are of...the left can stand to rotate more than the right and...you could put some scrap ABS behind the gap on the left thigh and ABS paste the front - Keep going Frank :duim:

Try Walt's Trooper Factory for replacement.
Be sure and tell him Large Marge sent you!

Ok 2 questions...
First one do you think the colors will match an AM kit,
Second, and this is one I should know... what’s his screen name so I can PM him?
I don’t remember.

Wait... third question.
Is the large marge thing a nod to Pee Wee or is he really gonna know? I’ve been through this before where I think people are serious and turns out the person has no idea.