ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

3 hours ago, Frank1769 said:

Just been advised I should hear back from my submission in a day or two. Now I’m even more nervous cause it didn’t sound positive

No doubt many have been trying to catch up on the festive season break, stay on target, you will hear soon

Frank, congrats on your submission. I'd suggest you contact your garrison about younglings trooping with you as there could be restrictions. It's a safety & liability kind of thing.

Not the news you where hoping for but mostly adjustments. It's very hard if you have someone there who takes the photos but can not see things out of place, I find a full length mirror helpful ;).

Just get a double check on the feedback of the holster connection on the belt, usually the rivet placement is towards the bottom not top of the belt as stated

med_gallery_12157_50_43228.jpg

Also before sending photos back perhaps try posting them in the new TK Pre Approval section, may save you some time ;) 

Not the news you where hoping for but mostly adjustments. It's very hard if you have someone there who takes the photos but can not see things out of place, I find a full length mirror helpful ;).

Just get a double check on the feedback of the holster connection on the belt, usually the rivet placement is towards the bottom not top of the belt as stated

med_gallery_12157_50_43228.jpg

I’m starting to see that, when I took a screen shot of the CRL which is a terrible pic but they are at the bottom. I already wrote back asking for some clarifications on other issues and I don’t want to send a ton of emails so I’ll verify that on my next email. My only concern is now I’ve got holes in the wrong spots. Not sure how to fix that without buying a whole new belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

My only concern is now I’ve got holes in the wrong spots. Not sure how to fix that without buying a whole new belt.

That is a bit of an issue and I would think it would require a replacement belt, be very difficult to hide the previous holes

When you next take photos of the updates try posting them in the new TK Pre Approval section, may save you some time ;) 

So after working all night i stayed up this morning and fixed my brow and did the edges of the frown I forget plus some touch up painting. Got a nap and have to get ready to work tonight. I was looking for ideas to keep the shins straight and all I’ve seen is the Velcro on the boot thing. My advisor mentioned a stirrup system as well that people have used but couldn’t clarify. Anyone seen this or maybe have another idea?

22 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

My advisor mentioned a stirrup system as well that people have used but couldn’t clarify. Anyone seen this or maybe have another idea?

There is a nice How Too here. I do prefer to attach with snaps but some like to use velcro

There is a nice How Too here. I do prefer to attach with snaps but some like to use velcro

That’s an awesome idea. Well above my know how, before I go search around for a seamstress to make theses does anyone know of someone on the forum that can manufacture them?

4 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

That’s an awesome idea. Well above my know how, before I go search around for a seamstress to make theses does anyone know of someone on the forum that can manufacture them?

I haven't seen anyone offering them for sale, but they aren't hard to make, all you need is a piece of elastic, pass it through your boot hoop, fold in half, pop a snap in the end and then glue in a snap plate with snap inside the boot, done.

I haven't seen anyone offering them for sale, but they aren't hard to make, all you need is a piece of elastic, pass it through your boot hoop, fold in half, pop a snap in the end and then glue in a snap plate with snap inside the boot, done.

Easy enough. Thanks

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

Does anybody put anything on the bottom of the shins to help protect the boots?

I put a 1/4” strip of white felt in the front. Seems to help a little.

Hang in there, Frank. You're not the first to have been given a fix-it ticket. Don't ask me how I know. :angry: 

I am sort of surprised at the requirement for the frown corner to be painted. I read on this forum that the Anovos hemet is good to go out of the box. Its frown is not painted that way, but I had to correct that for my submission. If that's a real requirement that the CRL and the statement in this forum need to be corrected. 

Hmm. Research project: read through every submission with corrections, collect them all up, collate them, and update/complete the CRL. 

Edited by Timberwoof

I’ll do that. After cutting the shins smaller I found a small “gouge” probably from the lack of sanding but none the less I’d rather deal with it now and prevent it further.

I’ll do that. After cutting the shins smaller I found a small “gouge” probably from the lack of sanding but none the less I’d rather deal with it now and prevent it further.

Hang in there, Frank. You're not the first to have been given a fix-it ticket. Don't ask me how I know. :angry: 

I am sort of surprised at the requirement for the frown corner to be painted. I read on this forum that the Anovos hemet is good to go out of the box. Its frown is not painted that way, but I had to correct that for my submission. If that's a real requirement that the CRL and the statement in this forum need to be corrected. 

Hmm. Research project: read through every submission with corrections, collect them all up, collate them, and update/complete the CRL. 

I was a bit peeved about some of the things and how this whole thing is going down with my Garrison. I’ve looked through tons of submissions here and found ones who were centurion with issues they said I need to correct. But what am I gonna do, it’s their call at this point.

So I made some bicep hooks. Boiling water for a few minutes and they bent right up for me. Plus repositioned the biceps so hopefully that all helps with the bicep issue.

ff37ef732099938b05dabf19300479c0.jpg

Trimmed about an inch off the bottom of the shins to make them shorter as requested and I used a modified lazy man stirrup to help keep them straight. Elastic with mitten clips to hold on to the front hook. Hopefully it works. Looked good when I tried it.

e37165ed9a5c1af41b8ad748ee56d296.jpg

Added an extra snap to help pull the shoulders forward. I was advised to trim the back of the shoulders because they were too big and hit the back plate. I’m thinking by rolling them forward they will sit nicer back there so I’m gonna hold off on that.

Already fixed the brow on the helmet

101780fa2d04b39c0da61aee0010e6c2.jpg

And painted the ends of the brow

4e0d1749088c0dd52410de137323bc46.jpg

Did some touch up to the helmet when painting so I’ve got some clean up to do on that. New belt is in the mail so hopefully I can get that done this weekend and get approval submission pics vol 2 submitted by Sunday.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, Frank1769 said:

Frank,   I have those made already with velcro, PM me if you want.

Dave C

Relax Frank. From your picture your right shoulder looks mint. Your left looks huge I'm guessing cause it's pushed forward. Is this the picture you sent? It's a fitment thing with taking submission photo's and having the ones taking pictures knowing to straighten it for you. You're almost there. You got this!:salute:

Relax Frank. From your picture your right shoulder looks mint. Your left looks huge I'm guessing cause it's pushed forward. Is this the picture you sent? It's a fitment thing with taking submission photo's and having the ones taking pictures knowing to straighten it for you. You're almost there. You got this!:salute:

Thanks. Just depressing. I took off of work a lot during December to get this done before the new year to get approved for a February troop, I really wanted to do. Now I’m dealing with these stupid shoulders and I was told that he noticed that on a brief glance and I’ll get the final review in two weeks. Plus when I took the pics I didn’t have my damn biceps hooked on right either (that’s my fault for not reviewing the pics well enough). Then due to elections in February I can’t get approved until March. Just need to rant and yell a little. I’ve had great interactions here but dealing with the Garrison has left me defeated. Still gonna go and help at the troop in February so I’m sure things will be different. Ahhhhhh!!!!

Ok little better now... thanks...

So you think I should leave the right side, and just try and reposition the left? It’s noticeable from the side shot it’s definitely crooked. Just not sure how to fix it. They are both attached at basically the same spot, I would have assumed they would align properly. Maybe my shoulders are crooked.