ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

Is putting all this on supposed to be a one man job? I tried getting everything on and got winded putting my boots on lol. Thighs don’t fit over the boots, and it’s hard to put the boots on with the thighs hanging around and I can’t put the shins on cause the thighs get in the way and I can’t do anything with the top half on cause I can’t bend over or reach my shoulder snaps. I’m sure you all understand. Is there a method to all this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Frank1769 said:

Is putting all this on supposed to be a one man job? I tried getting everything on and got winded putting my boots on lol. Thighs don’t fit over the boots, and it’s hard to put the boots on with the thighs hanging around and I can’t put the shins on cause the thighs get in the way and I can’t do anything with the top half on cause I can’t bend over or reach my shoulder snaps. I’m sure you all understand. Is there a method to all this?

This is how I get ready. I still need help from squires of course, but I recommend coming to a troop to see how it all is done. 

UnderSuit/Electronics

Thighs

Boots

Calves

Kidney/Ab

Chest/Back

Arms

Helmet

It all takes practice, a sequence that works for you, and a table (or the top of your bin). Picking up items from the floor is not advised for TK's.

My dressing procedure is close to Pretzels, but a little different.

undersuit

neckseal

thigh garter

thighs

boots (you should be able to bend over and put these on)

shins/calves

torso (I have my back, kidney, butt, chest, and ab plates all pre-assembled as one unit. I leave one side of the kidney un-snapped and slip into it putting my head through my already attached shoulder straps. All my electronics are attached to my back and chest plates)

belt

TD

shoulder bells with biceps attached

forearms

helmet

white under gloves (very important)

gloves

grab your blaster

For me, the belt and TD are the hardest part. I find it difficult to line up the belt while pulling firmly. I usually ask one of the other troopers to help me out for the belt. It ensures it's tight and lined up nice. 

• Like 1

They could be rainbow coloured really. Wearing a cotton glove under your rubber ones prevents swampy hands and stinky gloves. They are a must wear.

Edited by 68Brick
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Frank. Good luck!

Thin cotton gloves make life easier. You can get them in bulk packs for little money. As far as dressing goes, it is hard to get suited up on your own. Not impossible but hard. My process is almost identical to Brad's (who's given me loads of pointers and help:salute:). On a troop with the 501st there should be handlers. Part of their job is to help everyone suit up. Also, other costumed members are always willing to help. My garrison is full of really great, friendly and helpful people. Troopers helping troopers! 

• Like 1

Just a question for anyone out there listening. I’ve seen a few people talking about armor staining when the belt, under gear, gloves, and blaster sit on the armor for an extended period of time. I have some left over Star Wars fabric and was going to make a simple bag for myself to keep these in. Has anyone done this before? Does the ink on the fabric bleed into the armor or is it just the leather and rubber from the other products? Wondering if it’s just better to get a plastic bag and put it all in there for storage

And another question for anyone listening. Still waiting for my approval so I’m kinda bored and just randomly going through various detachments looking at some really awesome costumes. Even though I haven’t done a troop yet my 10 year old daughter has expressed interest in helping. I was wondering if others who brought kids with them have costumes for them. If so looking for some fun ideas. Was thinking Jawa cause it seems the easiest to do. I also have two younger kids 6&8 so I figured when my oldest grew out of it one of them would grow into it.

Don't worry about it too much. This is a volunteer group and sometimes real life takes presidence. Plus they may have a few to review ahead of you.

Or maybe they're so blown away how good you look they're soaking it in for a few extra days?

You got this!:duim: