ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

Hey Frank,

Any chance you can pry apart the back of that thigh? It's very oversized, top to bottom.

I don’t think so, my legs are big and it made it hard to make them tapered properly. If I try it and it fails I’m gonna have to get a new thigh. Any ideas where I can spare parts if needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank,  i had that same problem with the thighs. Mine are large also but you have to tapper them a little. You don’t want a bell look from your thigh to calf.  The rest of those parts that are in your picture are for ESB stormtrooper and to make your kit a sand trooper.  Put those on the side ina couple of years you will probably convert this one to a Sandy.  

I honestly think there is no way I can get that apart. I used e6000 on the outside strip and a stronger glue on the inside strip. If that’s what is needed I’d have to start over again. Where can I buy a new thigh? I don’t think AM sells spare parts.

13 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

I honestly think there is no way I can get that apart. I used e6000 on the outside strip and a stronger glue on the inside strip. If that’s what is needed I’d have to start over again. Where can I buy a new thigh? I don’t think AM sells spare parts.

Not sure where to get spare parts that will work with that kit.  Even if you get the cover strip off you can cut the strip on the inside down the seem then just add a larger strip to the inside over the one you cut. It won’t look all that pretty but it the inside of the thighs that nobody will see anyway.  

So if I get this right according to 68Brick’s post I need to open the back, then cut a triangle in the back and push it together and reassemble? Will that even work if the front is already glued? I marked the pic and I know it’s the front but I don’t have a back shot but I put red lines where I would cut to make it tapered? Is that what everyone is thinking?

IMG_1185.JPG

17 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Can go either way. If you plan on using decals just use "Dave M" decals. You can pick them up on trooperbay.com

Tony,

Are the AM supplied decals accepted all the way up to Centurion?

Can go either way. If you plan on using decals just use "Dave M" decals. You can pick them up on trooperbay.com

Do you know if the “Dave M” decals in that set cover the whole area or are they individual stripes I need to place on? Not very happy with my painted stripes. Bled through a bit and I tried to clean it up but it isn’t perfect.

2f784d9116d12e1f4cecc4bac690b782.jpg

29 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

Do you know if the “Dave M” decals in that set cover the whole area or are they individual stripes I need to place on? Not very happy with my painted stripes. Bled through a bit and I tried to clean it up but it isn’t perfect.

2f784d9116d12e1f4cecc4bac690b782.jpg

Just the upper decals. The stripes are Vcoder are painted with the stunt. Again Trooper Bay  sells the tube stripe stencils but the Vcoder you'e on your own.

Just the upper decals. The stripes are Vcoder are painted with the stunt. Again Trooper Bay  sells the tube stripe stencils but the Vcoder you'e on your own.

Bought the stencils wasn’t happy with the outcome. Was hoping I could just get a sticker for over top of it. Guess the only option is to try and clean all that off and put decals on.

How do you get the buttons to stay on the abs? My buttons are on boxes I’ve tried padding them out inside and Velcroing them but it wasn’t too sturdy. Next thought would be cutting strips of plastic and gluing layers inside then gluing that to the abs. Figured I’d ask first.

14dd038e3593741211336c8613a9e69a.jpg

With the bleed through issue if you paint white first it should fill any gaps and stop the blue bleeding ;) 

Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Great Progress Frank! Sorry, been MIA for a little bit. Just proposed to my girlfriend! She said yes, lol But let's get back to you! 

You are making great progress! Remember, it is not a RACE! Plenty of troops to go to! :) Hoping to see more progress photos soon! Hope you have a Merry Christmas brother.