ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

For some reason I thought you were only building a helmet. Did you receive two waist ammo belts

I haven’t even unpacked the waist belt stuff yet. Didn’t want to lose anything.

On a positive note I’ve got a thigh. It’s a bit big at the knee so I’ll have to keep with that and maybe get some foam to keep it from being lopsided. IMG_1146.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. Since we are on the subject I unpacked it all. This is what I have and I’m not sure if I need it all.

IMG_1150.JPG
Ammo belt with 4 drop boxes?

IMG_1152.JPG
This will be for the right shin and left thigh

IMG_1151.JPG
This looks like extra shoulder straps and chest pieces for another build

IMG_1148.JPG
Not sure about this stuff.

I'm assuming you're building a ANH stunt (most popular). This looks to be an AM 1.0 or 2.0 kit. Do you have any other pieces? From what I can see here you're missing a few items. Let's go over what you can and can't use from the photos you've provided.

Top #1 photo - the belt with the indented squares, hold off to the side, you won't be using this one. The other belt and boxes are ok.

Photo #2 - keep everything here however, if you're shooting for Centurion the plastic hand guards will need to be replaced with flexible versions.

Photo #3 - Except for the Ab plate (bottom right) you won't be using any of these items. As a matter of fact if you plan on applying for the higher levels of accuracy Centurion you'll need to replace the Ab button plates with versions with integrated buttons. 

Photo #5 - These are either Sandtrooper or Return of the Jedi items. 

Ok. I forgot I had taken these out already because I wanted to keep them separate. By the looks of the 501st site model these are the ones I need for ANH stunt?

IMG_1153.JPG

Already got the flexible hand guards with my gloves so I’m good on those.

Now I’m confused about the belt. The 501st site shows the belt with those little square thing I asked about earlier covering what I feel is the only visible indent. So I’m using the plain belt and affixing the square thing(s) to that?

IMG_1154.JPG

Also the drop boxes. There are four am I correct in assuming they are front and back piece to close them?

And new question. Paperwork in the box said I needed to lightly heat the thigh ammo belt to properly fit it. Any suggestions on what to heat it with?

Ab buttons are correct, yes one set of drop boxes goes into the other and the ammo belt covers are correct, just don't use the belt with the indent it's not correct. Here's a photo a canon belt without the square covers installed.

gallery_12157_59_162657%20b.jpg

As for the thigh ammo belt, trim off the majority of the outer return edge first (The area outside the vertical boxes).

gallery_12157_59_55243.jpg

To mold use the hot water bath technique. I found it easiest to soften it up then wrap it around a can equivalent to the size of your lower thigh area (allow for the mounting ends to remain straight). Let cool, repeat as necessary until you've obtained the desired shape. It doesn't have to be perfect.   

• Like 1

Trim this part up? Or the part above it that gets screwed in? IMG_1177.thumb.JPG.a1a2a5ef53f7fe953fe21b26a533dfc6.JPG

You can start there yes but my point was the entire upper ear can be thinned out to draw the lower section closer with minor trimming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Frank,

Any chance you can pry apart the back of that thigh? It's very oversized, top to bottom.

If you can, I'd suggest you pry apart the back of the thigh, and cut a triangular chunk out of the back of it and then re-assemble the thigh, covering up your cut with a cover strip.

This will create a tapered thigh versus the cylinder look you have now. A tapered thigh will reduce the amount of padding you'll need, make you look less knock-kneed, and be more comfortable. If you do attempt this, make sure you can still fit your foot through the knee opening once tapered. You might have to put your thigh on backwards, and rotate it once it's past you foot.

Good Luck & keep the posts coming!:smiley-sw013: