ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

Didn’t even think about the shoes. Gonna try and get it glued next week so I’ll have to resize with the boots to make sure it fits. Thanks for all the help. Keep watching the movie to see how they look but I get all caught up in the damn movie I forget to look. 

Totally same for me, I have watch short clips on Youtube in order to stay focused:lol: Looking at screen captures in the gallery section is also a good choice 

and "armorbuilding with TK1336" on Youtube is another great source:duim:

Due to work and time constraints I’m at a stand still for a few days with the legs want to make sure I’ve got time to do it right. Started working on the chest-cod-back-kidney-posterior. There is a few inches between my kidney and ab. Anyone know if there is a rule of how far apart they can be? I know screen accurate is closer together because everyone was thinner. Wish Lucas would have had some bigger troopers. 

Was looking at some pics of it. Looks a lot like dry wall mud. I’m not very good at that, but I’d have to do more research. For now basic will have to do. I’m not completely satisfied with the way this is turning out so I might be getting by with basic and waiting a year or so and getting another set to start over. 

Sorry to hear you`re not feeling entirely happy and...there`s abselutely nothing wrong with "basic" you will still be a Stormtrooper and that`s what matters:jc_doublethumbup: and..it still is a lot of work and not super-easy either, if it was then everyboby would be Stormtroopers...`cause why woulden`t they:smiley-sw013: Just take your time and you`ll get there :)there`s nothing on your build that would suggest otherwise:duim:

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I see the flaws which I know aren’t huge and I’m trying to fix them. I do look back at the times my family and I have seen everyone at shows and conventions and I can’t recall anyone’s armor being flawed but again I was not looking just too interested in joining. Seeing the flaws in the movie screen shots helps as well. Definitely finishing this path I started and hopefully it passes right away, can’t wait to troop.  

• Like 2

I got a bit file happy while doing the teeth and did too many.  I accidentally filed out the small hole which I think is supposed to stay in tact. Is this area supposed to be white or gray? I’m thinking I can back fill it with some putty and paint it. Just wondering what color is needs to be. Thanks in advance. I feel like I need to take everyone out for a beer when I get this whole thing done. 

CF4A97BC-C77C-4697-A14A-E638DC6B4FAE.jpeg.0bb872feba3707f7e34a0279295dd114.jpeg

• Like 1

here you go:salute: I have a Hero-helmet (different frown) so I had to "steal" this pic from another Centurion application:engel:

Notice the little grey spots on the very end, they are supposed to be there - Beautiful helmet :)

11_EIB_Helmet_Front.jpg

7 minutes ago, Frank1769 said:

So from the looks of that helmet the small area I filed out is white   

Correct:)

There actually is a screen-used helmet with 10 teeth cut out but the CRL states 8 so it`s considered an anomaly

aacXm0DQ

11 hours ago, TheSwede said:

here you go:salute: I have a Hero-helmet (different frown) so I had to "steal" this pic from another Centurion application:engel:

Notice the little grey spots on the very end, they are supposed to be there - Beautiful helmet :)

11_EIB_Helmet_Front.jpg

Hey, that's my helmet, but not approved for Centurion yet :)

Beatiful indeed, assembled and painted by TM himself ;)

I only added a frown mesh and a black PlastiDip interiour.

Edited by Schmetterhemd
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, troopermaster said:

That's too bad. I guess screen accuracy is not a priority for the 501st

Starting to think the same way, but I gotta play by their rules if I want to troop.  After seeing all the screen shots of original and realizing pretty much they are all similar but different, it’s been an eye opener. I can patch it, it’s not a big deal but if I were to leave it and put the paint on and frown mesh in there I highly doubt some kid is gonna ask why I have too many teeth...

What’s the purpose of a plastidip  interior? 
It's optional. It's a cleaner look. Others claim that it keeps out the glare to help you see.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk