ANH Stunt build

Frank75139

So the excitement has begun and the armor has arrived. No idea how to do this and no clue where to begin. If anyone can help with some direction that would be great. I’ve watched a few videos and they skip over some things. Just don’t want to mess up and have to redo it all. 

92F2AEC4-7E1E-4540-B3D8-CD629C5C6790.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. We all had that nervous “first cut” moment. But don’t worry, it gets easier and much more fun. :-)

I found the videos of Ross Walmsley incredibly helpful for my build.

Ask plenty of questions mate - there’s lots of helpful folk around here. :-)

Best wishes.
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Congrats on Big Brown Box day, Frank!  I know what you are thinking right now... You wait and wait on your kit and then when it arrives you tear into it like a kid at Christmas... that's when the terror sets in.  "Holy cow.. I have to put this thing together"?

Not to worry, brother.  There are literally hundreds of Troopers to help you out and dozens of fantastic build threads you can follow.

Hopefully you have all the build supplies you will need on hand.  For a complete list, here is a thread that may help:   https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/

The best thing to do is decide on a place that you will be assembling it.  Someplace (hopefully) quiet where you can keep all the parts together in one area.  An outside area for letting the E-6000 glue dry is recommended.  (It can be pretty noxious).

A lot will depend on the strapping system you decide on.  There is the "classic" (brackets) or the "snap" (preferred by many).   An awesome build thread can be found here:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/

The biggest thing though comes down to a few things:

1.  This is not a race.  Think of it as a marathon, not a sprint.  (Take your time).

2.  Measure twice (3 times) cut once.

3.  Research, research, and a little more research.  (Study the build threads).

4.  When in doubt, ask before moving ahead.

5.  Start your own build thread.  You can (and should) ask as many questions as you want there.  We are here to help you every step of the way, and posting photos will help immensely if you should have any difficulty.  (We LOVE photos).

6.  Remember that many of us had no experience building armor and were in your shoes (boots) once.

7.  There is no such thing here as a "silly" or "inane" question.  We truly want you to succeed and become a part of the FISD family, and will assist you wherever we can.

8.  Hopefully you are thinking about taking your armor to the highest level, (Centurion).  Aiming toward this is easier during your build rather than after, and I promise you it's not as difficult as you think (and well worth the effort).  Here is some more info. on that:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

Best of luck on your white armor journey!  

• Like 4

Great info appreciate it all. Just feel I’m gonna glue wrong and not be able to fix it. Armor is AM version 2.0. From what I’ve seen it’s easier then it looks. I’m hoping it all just fits and I don’t have to trim much but that might be wishful thinking. Right now it’s all still packed. I’m gonna wait until I have a good day designated to just unpack it and take it all in. Patience is my problem, I lack it. I’m gonna do my best though since there is such an investment involved. 

• Like 2

You definitely got a great set of armor with AM.. (I use it as my main armor and it is built like a tank).  Unfortunately AM doesn't make replacement parts, so take your time.  As I mentioned before, if you have questions during your build, just ask.  We are here to help.

You may have a few "oops" moments, but there is almost nothing that can't be fixed.

You are well on your way Frank and got great advice already. If you ever need any one on one help.. Let me know. We are not too far from one another.

Good Luck trooper. I have no doubts that you will do great.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Biceps done and drying, still want to do some light sanding around the edges just didn’t have what I needed. 

2CD5DAA8-564F-4B6F-B6ED-664A2BF3736D.jpeg.d5537a20c399fd9d71e0f9bfa5be1727.jpeg

little oops when starting and had some glue over flow on the backs of both arms. None of it is bad, any ideas for removal? F6C54FDF-7051-4663-A859-FA0A3F977D37.jpeg.989e4c9db967c188eb17c190d4b0ef0f.jpeg

• Like 1

Biceps done and drying, still want to do some light sanding around the edges just didn’t have what I needed. 

little oops when starting and had some glue over flow on the backs of both arms. None of it is bad, any ideas for removal? F6C54FDF-7051-4663-A859-FA0A3F977D37.jpeg.989e4c9db967c188eb17c190d4b0ef0f.jpeg

I only use my nails (repeated and energetic passages, until you hurt LOL) and pencil rubber.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

So the excitement has begun and the armor has arrived. No idea how to do this and no clue where to begin. If anyone can help with some direction that would be great. I’ve watched a few videos and they skip over some things. Just don’t want to mess up and have to redo it all. 
92F2AEC4-7E1E-4540-B3D8-CD629C5C6790.jpeg.a4bd856573dc2566cd5570bd6e25b1a4.jpeg

Welcome on board

2 hours ago, Frank1769 said:

little oops when starting and had some glue over flow on the backs of both arms. None of it is bad, any ideas for removal? 

I use one of the little pieces left over from trimming. One shaped like a triangle so it has a point. I think you can get a silicone eraser from a hobby store that can help too.

3 hours ago, Frank1769 said:

Looks like you used all-purpose glue, not E6000 by the yellow-ish color. If that's the case, sand and polish it out.

If it is E6000, rubbing it off like the above post is the way to go.

You'd be surprised how quickly you get your armor-building sea legs. I was very scared to cut things at first, now I'm moving at a pretty good speed... though I'd still recommend doing things gradually, I've been trimming my thighs down a quarter of an inch at a time because it's way harder to add than remove.

Thanks guys, I’ll give it a shot, feel better about it. 

Harbinger took me like an hour and half to fit and trim 1 bicep, all I could think about was ruining it and wasting a ton of money. 2nd bicep about a half hour. Glued them up and that was that for the day. Don’t want to rush it cause that’s how I make mistakes. 

I highly recommend using e6000 glue. It is strong, and more forgiving in case you make an error. Yes, it is more messy and takes longer to dry, but you will not be disappointed at the end result. My entire armor is glued with e6000 and is still holding strong after 1 1/2 years of solid trooping. 

You are well on your way Frank. The biceps look great. What will you be tackling next? 

Gonna move on to the forearms and then the shoulders and get the arms out of the way. Not sure if I’m gonna go chest down after that or legs up. As for glue I’m using a glue that came with the armor.  Doesn’t say it’s e6000, but it dries in like a half hour, still trying to get some excess off and I picked up some Novus polish so I’m gonna polish the area when I’m done and hope for the best. I’ve also been sanding the edges, how perfect do they need to be? If you get a good look, and I say this only cause I’m critical of myself but they aren’t perfect. I’m sanding but I don’t want to go crazy.

Yeah dude, I highly recommend E6000 as well. Its easy enough to pick up at big box stores like WalMart or Michaels, so its not hard to find. It takes at least a day to cure, but you would be amazed at how strong it is. The added benefit is that it forces you to take your time moving on the next piece as you can't just clamp and go. Those first cuts and glue being nerve wracking is normal. My armour stayed in its BBB for almost a year and a half because every time I started to work on it, I would worry if I was wrecking it and wasting all my money.

I didn't even start scoring and breaking the flash off of my armour until way later, and I wish I had started with it. I did the bulk of my trimming with Lexan scissors. It would have saved me a lot of time if I hadn't been so nervous.

Gonna move on to the forearms and then the shoulders and get the arms out of the way. Not sure if I’m gonna go chest down after that or legs up. As for glue I’m using a glue that came with the armor.  Doesn’t say it’s e6000, but it dries in like a half hour, still trying to get some excess off and I picked up some Novus polish so I’m gonna polish the area when I’m done and hope for the best. I’ve also been sanding the edges, how perfect do they need to be? If you get a good look, and I say this only cause I’m critical of myself but they aren’t perfect. I’m sanding but I don’t want to go crazy.

First build....use only original E6000

I’m at the end of my first build, if I didn’t use this probably now I was a cry man, 1 day for dry, but if you make a mistake you can make an undo

Yeah I'd go with E6000 and save that to use as the nuclear option (had to use some ABS glue on one of my forearms or it'd keep pulling itself apart). Like others have said, removable if you mess up (you will probably mess up at least once).

Just checked Michaels online and they have a few types in stock by me. One is just regular industrial strength and the other is industrial strength white. What color is the original? I feel white would be best in case of overflow. Also it’s like 3oz a tube. Any thoughts on how much I’ll go through? I’d rather do one trip then multiple.