ANH Doopydoos E11 WIP

Steftroop

Hi guys

Have received my Doopydoos E-11 blaster...it only took 3 days to arrive but am only half an hours drive away from Cleethorpes...gonna take a break from my armour to crack on with the blaster. Must admit this is the bit I'm really looking forward to and am most impressed with some of the builds I've seen so far.

Thinking of investing in a T-Jay kit?? Any thoughts??

a50d449aeeada72b8c84e368096dcc77.jpga5a023a806434cb86f360ea516bdf09a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also, Brian does some amazing scopes. Here's what I did with one of his, for my son's doopy kit90dc788c8b9e69368b66977a38b9c4bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(Aka, Bulldog Props / Bulldog44) :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there stefan; it all depends on your personal build and design goals. If you're going for realism, it's the kit to purchase. Real screen accurate screws beat resin screws any day. Dan and I have certainly benefited from it. I totally agree and recommend T-Jay's set as well. There's nothing like it and well worth the investment. By the way, he's a really pleasant guy to deal with as well.

Wish you all the best and look forward to your WIP, no matter what you decide :D

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dracotrooper said:

Hi there stefan; it all depends on your personal build and design goals. If you're going for realism, it's the kit to purchase. Real screen accurate screws beat resin screws any day. Dan and I have certainly benefited from it. I totally agree and recommend T-Jay's set as well. There's nothing like it and well worth the investment. By the way, he's a really pleasant guy to deal with as well.

Wish you all the best and look forward to your WIP, no matter what you decide :D

Yeah, what Jesse said... ;-)

Did Doopydoos neglect to send you your magazine Stefan? It's an undersized, shortened version but nonetheless, should be included in your kit. I didn't see it in your parts picture...

Here's my parts picture - see that little magazine next to the magazine housing, curious I don't see yours.

32955003240_29a9ba9683_z.jpg

• Like 1

Did Doopydoos neglect to send you your magazine Stefan? It's an undersized, shortened version but nonetheless, should be included in your kit. I didn't see it in your parts picture...

Here's my parts picture - see that little magazine next to the magazine housing, curious I don't see yours.

32955003240_29a9ba9683_z.jpg
Very well spotted young man.. I'll go double check...thank you

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steftroop said:

Nope...it's missing...this will be fun as lve tried phoning and messaging them with no success..hmmm...just my luck emoji23.png

Here are there hours of operation , hope that helps. Great that you're only half an hours drive away!

Contact Us
If you need to contact Doopy Doo's please email 
Sales@doopydoos.com between 10am - 5pm Mon - Fri. You can also call us on 07765993672  our lines are open from 10am - 3pm, Mon - Fri.

or alternatively please write to

DoopyDoo's Ltd

261 Brereton Avenue

Cleethorpes

North Lincolnshire DN35-7RA

Edited by Dracotrooper

Nope...it's missing...this will be fun as lve tried phoning and messaging them with no success..hmmm...just my luck

I may have one...
Regards
Marc

Nope...it's missing...this will be fun as lve tried phoning and messaging them with no success..hmmm...just my luck

I may have one...
Regards
Marc

Yes Stefan, the guys at DoopyDoo's are hard to reach - no matter if using phone or messenger. It is a nightmare.

The good thing on your missing magazine is, you can use this opportunity to get a nice replacement magazine.

Best source I can think of is Steve (gazmosis). He offers white and black resin magazines. Never seen anything better than this.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

I may have one...
Regards
Marc

Hi Marc... thank you for your reply..l have recently received a message from Doopydoos saying they will send me one asap which is good.. Offered to go pick it up (half an hour drive) but doesn't seem possible for some reason.
I will let you know if I receive the part.. Cheers Stef

• Like 1

Yes Stefan, the guys at DoopyDoo's are hard to reach - no matter if using phone or messenger. It is a nightmare.
The good thing on your missing magazine is, you can use this opportunity to get a nice replacement magazine.
Best source I can think of is Steve (gazmosis). He offers white and black resin magazines. Never seen anything better than this.
Thank you T-Jay for this...gonna send Steve a pm to find out if the magazine's are still available...watch this space

4 minutes ago, Steftroop said:

Thank you T-Jay for this...gonna send Steve a pm to find out if the magazine's are still available...watch this space

Hi Stefan,

I did the same yesterday. It looks like his for sale thread is closed/archived and the link doesn't work today either. (Hope all is well with Steve). Fingers crossed he still makes them - they look like a really nice upgrade for the E-11. :-)

Dan 

Hi Stefan,
I did the same yesterday. It looks like his for sale thread is closed/archived and the link doesn't work today either. (Hope all is well with Steve). Fingers crossed he still makes them - they look like a really nice upgrade for the E-11. :-)

Dan 

Hi Dan
Yeah fingers crossed.. it'll be a shame if there no longer available and let's hope Steve is well.
I've really been enjoying your build thread Dan... don't think I'll be going into so much detail tho lol...

Stef

• Like 1

Hi Dan
Yeah fingers crossed.. it'll be a shame if there no longer available and let's hope Steve is well.
I've really been enjoying your build thread Dan... don't think I'll be going into so much detail tho lol...

Stef

Cheers, Stef.
I didn’t think I’d go to this much effort - just got caught up in the little details that make it pop. With all the great advise, tips and feedback on here, not too mention so many builds to drool over, you might end up doing more than you expected. ;-)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steftroop said:

(...)   I've really been enjoying your build thread Dan... don't think I'll be going into so much detail tho lol...     (...)

18 hours ago, CableGuy said:

(...)   I didn’t think I’d go to this much effort - just got caught up in the little details that make it pop. With all the great advise, tips and feedback on here, not too mention so many builds to drool over, you might end up doing more than you expected. ;-)

:D This seems to be the same every time. When I received my first DoopyDoo's kit, I simply wanted to glue it and paint it black, but then came across some nice build threads and thought "Okay, make the trigger working". I ended up with modifications on almost every part I could think of - and this only happened because of the FISD community. For the same reason I encourage people to start build threads. So, Stefan, you might find your intention to change along the way when building... ;)

• Like 3

This seems to be the same every time. When I received my first DoopyDoo's kit, I simply wanted to glue it and paint it black, but then came across some nice build threads and thought "Okay, make the trigger working". I ended up with modifications on almost every part I could think of - and this only happened because of the FISD community. For the same reason I encourage people to start build threads. So, Stefan, you might find your intention to change along the way when building...
I ended up grinding out the counter and building a fully functional working stock on mine. Went a little too far me thinks eceafa3a23ae8e6b28c8bf22b9a39adb.jpg52c26750b401a655fdc23bd49548d9bb.jpg

• Like 3

This seems to be the same every time. When I received my first DoopyDoo's kit, I simply wanted to glue it and paint it black, but then came across some nice build threads and thought "Okay, make the trigger working". I ended up with modifications on almost every part I could think of - and this only happened because of the FISD community. For the same reason I encourage people to start build threads. So, Stefan, you might find your intention to change along the way when building...
Think you could be right T-Jay... I'll pm you when am ready for one of your kids if that's ok

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hi Dan

Stef

Hi Stef,
Not sure if you saw on my thread, but, sadly Steve (gazmosis) no longer makes the extended mags. :-(

Haven’t found a suitable replacement yet so will be keeping the Doopy’s for now. :-)

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

(...)   sadly Steve (gazmosis) no longer makes the extended mags.   (...)

What a shame. -_- Those were the best replacement magazines.

15 hours ago, Steftroop said:

Think you could be right T-Jay... I'll pm you when am ready for one of your kids if that's ok emoji3.png

Any time, Stefan. Whenever you want one, just let me know.

• Like 2

Hi Stef,
Not sure if you saw on my thread, but, sadly Steve (gazmosis) no longer makes the extended mags. :-(

Haven’t found a suitable replacement yet so will be keeping the Doopy’s for now. :-)

Have you tried Mark Shearman ?

Have you tried Mark Shearman ?

Hi Marc.
Yes - Mark and Ryan (Imperial Warfighters) both do extended mags, but they’re Rogue One style. To my eye, they’re not the right shape for ANH. :-(