TK helmet as carry-on luggage for flights?

Hey guys,

Looking for any tips/shared experiences on bringing a TK helmet as carry-on luggage for a flight (domestic U.S.). 

Such as :

- have you done it / what was your experience(s) in airport security and on board aircraft?

- in helmet bag vs open vs carry-on luggage (box?)

- stow in overhead bin vs hand-carry (which I think means you would have to wear it during takeoff/landing?)

Thanks, any tips appreciated

Tom

I've done it, and had no problems with it.

I live in the Washington D.C. area, and it's how I got my helmet to Star Wars Celebration Anaheim back in 2015. I carried it in a motorcycle helmet bag and of course I had to open the bag for inspection when I passed through the Security checkpoint. The TSA agents actually thought it was pretty cool. :)

When I got onto the airplane, I stowed it in the overhead space but I also made sure it wasn't next to someone's heavy carry-on bag so as to avoid it being crushed by shifting baggage.

As for the armor (and armor bin) itself, that was shipped via FedEx Ground.

Done as well. Just make sure you put your helmet bag in a tray at the security screening, so some idiot doesn't have a chance of slamming their carry on up against your bucket.