how to attach the clips to the PVC pipe 02 tank

Ok, i used my FX 02 tank for my last troop, but wanted to use the actual AP one for my troop tomorrow.

I have no idea how to attach the clips to this piece of PVC pipe.

My first thought was drill holes in the clip and then in the tube and rivet it on. But the rivetsi have are to small and the rivet gun i have wouldnt even fit the size rivets id need. Then i thought i could use screws and nuts, but wouldnt be able to hold the nuts in place to tighten the screws.

Now im realizing i cant seem to drill the holes in the clips in the first place.

Not sure how to go about it now. I dont want to lose the thing. i had the clips hot glued on the FX one and it seemed to work fine, but the FX 02 has flat surfaces on it to mount them too.

Any help would be great! thanks!

Sorry mate if you want it doing properly your going to have to go shopping for some rivets maybe a rivet gun drill and drill bit.

Follow my TD BUILD you should be well in theres a section for the thermal detonator.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

thanks Peter!

i checked it out, and thats how i was thinking of doing it. I guess ill need a larger rivet gun and rivets. For now i hot glued it like i did on my FX, and it held up fine, i had even bumped it into stuff. But i will definately be riveting it on in the near future. i just needed a quick fix so tomorrow im not less a TD. thanks again Peter!

thanks guys! great info here.

I had used hot glue on my FX one and it held up fine. For thie AP one i hotglued it for the day, though of course one clip fell off as i was setting up my gear, but Chris (curemode) was once again to the rescue and gave me some velcro to hold that one clip on, and it worked for the one troop. when i got home i re-hot glued it, and then drilled a holein each clip and put a screw in it. so i think its good now!

I drilled 2 holes in each Banker's clips. Then through the TD .. add 2 rivets through it all!!!

I think that's the best and cleanest solution and pretty close to movie accurate .. here's a pic of mine:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

• 3 weeks later...