Ebay armor rrecommendation

Vlad

Hello guys!

I am pretty new on this group. This is that I have read some discussions and the getting started page, unfortunately I cannot afford most of the options.

Thing is that I would probably afford at the very most to spend about 300$. Let's say 350 but no way more than that.

What recommendations would you have regarding armor and helmet?

I am looking for a decent looking armor, I don't want it to be approved or anything like that, just decent looking.

Also, I have nothing against a second-hand armor.

I am a 1.78m guy at about 64kg.

I looked on various websites like ebay, amazon etc. And I see there are a lot of options, I just don't know what I should look after.

Thank you!

Edited by Vlad

Have a read through the getting started section and if you want to become 501st approved stay away from ebay ;) 

Hey Vlad,

Not trying to troll your post, but you should keep your $300 and save a bit more. You may find someone that will sell an old, beat-up kit for that amount, but realistically, a lot of us end up spending $1000 - $1200 or so, once you have bought a kit, soft parts, and the tools and materials you need.

Just trying to help, and good luck on your endeavor. I would love to be wrong and you find a kit for that amount. I just don't think that number is realistic.

Edited by YouCantBe Sidious
typed $100 instead of $1000

If you do find something for 350, I don't think you will be at all satisfied.  There are some pretty bad looking renditions out there. You can tell when they are up next to a nice looking kit. It would be most embarrassing to be in one of those standing next to a decent suit of armor. Save your money and go for something better.

Hi Vlad. You have been given some great advice so far. I know it isn’t probably what you want to hear but Steve is right above.  Maybe you should consider waiting just a little longer to make a purchase and save some more money. You have mentioned that you would like to get a nice looking set of armor. If you are indeed looking for that then you will be looking in the $650 range for a kit. Then you will have to purchase the materials and tools to assemble that kit and the other items like a neck seal, boots, holster, E-11, body suit, etc.  I know it’s tough but it is very difficult to build one of the sets of armor for under $1000 unless you buy something second hand and get lucky.  Please feel free to ask us any questions. 

• Like 2