Condge

Hello everyone from Chicago

Hi everyone,

My name is Ryan and I am from Chicago. 

I am hear because I am exploring different options for joining the 501st Legion. Currently stuck between choosing a clone trooper (probably a commando of some kind) and a stormtrooper. 

I asked on reddit but keen to get a pure TK perspective, do you think you have more fun than other CRLs?

I like the idea of TK but I think my sense for uniqueness and millennial snowflakensss means I want to do CT. 

My other concern is being a CT would be hard to fit in you can be rebel and 501, but you’re not an imperial like most of 501. 

Either way I think there is a lot of overlap in build techniques and FISD is far more active. 

Edited by Condge

Hello and welcome aboard, I do have a few costumes in my imperial wardrobe but my personal favourite, which also seems to be the most requested by the public after Vader of course is my original trilogy Stormtrooper, my second would be my first order Stormtrooper.

There are good and bad points with every costume, really it comes down to what you would like to wear or be and of course how many imperial credits you have ;) 

Good luck what ever you decide and hope to see a build thread from you soon.

Welcome aboard, Ryan.
Personally, I’ve always been a Stormtrooper fan, so easy choice for me. :-)
Best of luck with your choices. :-)
Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FISD lines Ryan, it’s awesome to have you with us!

The decision on what to choose is always a tough one with so many options - just know that we are here to help you in whatever way we can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hello and welcome to the FISD! I've got a TK as well as a Republic Commando and I like them both. The TK will always be my favorite because it was my first but I do like my Scorch quit a lot. The Commando is a pretty heavy costume so I can't wear it as long as the TK . In the end, it's really a matter of what you like best and the amount of money your willing to spend.

Good luck!

Hi Ryan and welcome to the FISD!  Good luck with your decision. It is a tough one. But of course I’m gong to say pick the TK!  Have fun!

Hello and welcome Ryan! Really it just boils down to what YOU want. I wanted to be a stormtrooper for as far back as I can remember, I’ll spare you the Halloween horror stories from childhood, but I got to where I had heard about the legion and decided right then and there stormtrooper was the way to go. I will say more people ( at least here in Montgomery and surrounding areas of Alabama ) recognize stormtroopers more than clone troopers. So you get asked to do a lot more fun and cool stuff. But again, it boils down to what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ryan! It really depends on your preference. If you are old school like me, I'd go with the classic Stormtrooper. Never fails to capture the hearts of the fans. :) Anyway, good luck with your decision!

Hello and Welcome to FISD

You can start research both detachment, Stormtrooper character play by real human, Clone Troopers most of them CGI. 

Good luck with your choice, both character are Vader's Fist and serve the Empire .. 

Hello Ryan,

welcome to the FISD! If you are not sure about the costume, why not doing both. ;)

Start with the TK because it is easier to build and after some trooping experience go for the Clone. :)

BTW: my favorite is the OT Stormtrooper since I saw them the first time. 

All the best!

Christian

Hi Ryan and welcome aboard future Trooper! Good Luck with your decision. Either choices are good ones.

If you end up going the TK route...

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building (or have built) the same armor as you! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary/PX” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison. They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your journey! :smiley-sw013: