TheDon's Build: BSP/KB Props TLJ FOTK

TheDon

xcUnCF1.jpg

my wife helped me make a back closure. I liked how Kevin Weir did it for his shoretrooper Kit I had so I did the same for my FOTK.  I’ll dial it in and then add the butt plate and magnets for the TD

xcUnCF1.jpg&key=afbcdb57e647df8f7fe4d37ed801682d9f6cb45e2461476e0080643d33ed05e7

my wife helped me make a back closure. I liked how Kevin Weir did it for his shoretrooper Kit I had so I did the same for my FOTK.  I’ll dial it in and then add the butt plate and magnets for the TD

Nice solution  Can't tell if you already have it but perhaps add a length of bungee cord or tape to the zipper, similar to a wetsuit. Even easier to pull!

1 hour ago, TheDon said:

lol a zipper I love it. I use elastic and Velcro but I do like your idea  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

I attached my cod to the front of the ab, it allows a bit of movement and also won't get scratched from the bottom of the ab rubbing.

Looking good.

GQiXQwF.jpg

im going to redo the leg strapping to use snaps to snap onto my belt. Right now I have to shove Velcro into the leg and it’s not coming out even.  

Also I will order suspenders to hold up the abdomen. Until then I can’t proceed on any other part. I’m happy with the cod 

This is looking great so far, keep up the good work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C7gTL8p.jpg

i need to adjust the leg straps to even them out and adjust the gasket so I can move the thighs up slightly 

BR60V1J.jpg

back still seem huge.  I think I also need to add shims to the side wings so I can connect the chest plate to the upper back plate. Currently they do not really come close because I think o trimmed them too short and again too soon 

• Like 1

Run into a snag with my butt plate mounting.  I have my zipper closure and then the butt plate gets clipped into the bottom of the armor with snaps but I don’t have any way of easily putting it on without someone shoving their hand inside my back. I probably should have done magnets 

Other options?  

I knewI should have looked at ukswraths thread. Duh just add wings to the back closure...

Edited by TheDon

6 minutes ago, TheDon said:

Run into a snag with my butt plate mounting.  I have my zipper closure and then the butt plate gets clipped into the bottom of the armor with snaps but I don’t have any way of easily putting it on without someone shoving their hand inside my back. I probably should have done magnets 

Other options?  

Vercro

Edited by ukswrath

1 minute ago, TheDon said:

I think I’m going to modify my zipper closure to have two large tabs like you did. 

It does work well but I do suggest using less Velcro than I did. My was a bit overkill :laugh1:

I only have a strip on each side mounting the zipper closure. Yours looks difficult to remove.  

Todays work wasn’t a waste. I modified my thigh straps to snap onto my belt. Tomorrow my wife will help me sew extra canvas into my back closure and then I’ll carefully measure and add snaps.  

Keep the zipper and use straps, I could have just glued them in on the back/kidneyplate as those are connected all the time but apparently wanted to do more work:P Anyway, by having straps coming down there´s no need to shove any hands anywere:)And, I later removed that little lip in the front as it was just of no use.

VZCoFgA.jpg

22 minutes ago, TheDon said:

I only have a strip on each side mounting the zipper closure. Yours looks difficult to remove.  

Actually it's very easy, just slide your hand between the Velcro sections at the top then push towards the bottom, kinda like a zipper lol. I like it because it give me room for expansion, if you know what I mean :laugh1: , not to mention it's screen accurate ;)

Edited by ukswrath

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Keep the zipper and use straps, I could have just glued them in on the back/kidneyplate as those are connected all the time but apparently wanted to do more work:P Anyway, by having straps coming down there´s no need to shove any hands anywere:)And, I later removed that little lip in the front as it was just of no use.

VZCoFgA.jpg

You’re. Onto something there.  Looks like it has some adjustment to keep it centered somehow. Does the belt keep it centered?  Also @TheSwede what do you mean by little lip? 

I just bought like 80 snaps from the fabric store.  There was a sale :)

Edited by TheDon

On 6/21/2019 at 3:37 AM, TheDon said:

You’re. Onto something there.  Looks like it has some adjustment to keep it centered somehow. Does the belt keep it centered?  Also @TheSwede what do you mean by little lip? 

I just bought like 80 snaps from the fabric store.  There was a sale :)

Sorry fot the late reply….my ab plate did´n have much of that lip that´s present on other kits, anovos for one and the majority of KB kits I had seen but was told by KB he updated the mold to accomodate bigger troopers and by doing so the lover lip got reduced. I first left that small lip so that the cod rested on it but later found out it was just in the way so removed it completely.

How it came from KB, not much there.

amPAn3M.jpg

I left that little lip but then cut it off as indicated by the red line. And yes, by mounting the end straps at an angle they keep things centered, not sure it was necessary though but I did it anyways:smiley-sw013:

9p3fDt1.png