TheDon's Build: BSP/KB Props TLJ FOTK

TheDon

4 minutes ago, TheDon said:

I should probably do that. It’s such a pain to load photos from a phone. To this day I’ve never been on a forum that has made it easy.  

I plan on working more Thursday and will take photos just for you 

Since the server was upgraded you should be able to drag and drop photos directly here, just make sure they're low res to conserve HD space. If not create an imgur account. I no longer use tapatalk either, too unpredictable but that's just my experience.  

All you do is right click on images in Imgur and select copy, you can then paste directly into your thread or you can select "direct link" in Imgur

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

All you do is right click on images in Imgur and select copy, you can then paste directly into your thread or you can select "direct link" in Imgur

That ^^^

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheDon said:

I do most of my posting from my phone 

Imgur also comes as an app https://imgur.com/mobile

• 3 weeks later...

6EXerS7.jpg

doing stuff....

getting snaps inplace to close the back and mount the ab barrel to my suspenders.  Will add more for the ab to connect to the suspender kit I have.  Then I can place the butt plate and cod.  I hope I don’t have to adjust much and the ab falls where it needs on me.  If not I’ll remove the snaps and try again.  

Ill have this done in time for the 15th anniversary of Ep9

Of all ways to build the armor I did it all the wrong way. I was nowhere near ready for paint all those months ago. 

The new forearms from KB look ridiculous on me and need to be cut down.  

My chest armor horns need heat gun massaging because they do not sit flat

the ab barrel is waaaaaaay to big and I need to cut off like 4” from each side so it closes nice and tight on me and will allow the chest wings to connect to the back armor wings 

I already put a crack in the chest armor return edge.  

Protip for someone lookig at this stupid build. Don’t assume it’s ready for paint until you wear it and actually try putting crap on 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDon said:

Protip for someone lookig at this stupid build. Don’t assume it’s ready for paint until you wear it and actually try putting crap on 

Great advice, even before you get to the primer stage. It's hard with armor that needs painting it's got to fit spot on, I ran in to the same issue with a clone commission build, had everything set to size (as we where similar) only to find the belt would not close on the recipient when trial fitted, man took some work to add in some extra but lesson learned with my FOTK build.

These do take a lot more work than an OTTK but I'm sure you'll get there in the end, don't loose faith ;) 

Oh now I’m realizing I sized my belt to the ab barrel as it was sized so now I need to probably make it smaller. Yay....

There is a reason why I’ve been dragging my feet on this build. It’s not easy and it’s no longer fun for me. 

ojTkn4b.jpg

This is with the back taped closed tighter to me. Chest horns doing their own thing. 

SZ2M5bV.jpg

need to split the difference on this and cut so it will close tighter.  Good thing is at least I don’t have to worry about suspenders.......

RoR4Pb5.jpg

its huge

im getting help from another local FOTK thankfully.  

One day FOTK will be easy to build like an original TK....

Edited by TheDon

Looking good Joe, you can do it. Yes this particular armor build is a bit daunting however you armor is build is coming along nicely and it's looking awesome so far :jc_doublethumbup:

• 2 months later...

iouMgEi.jpg

back of the armor. I’m going to try and widen the rear by and inch or two because this looks dumb. Also didn’t have the back sitting on me properly 

1qMyH5t.jpg

im holding the armor where my natural belt line is. But the thighs are now sitting right above my knee caps which I believe is correct 

putting this armor on is going to be.  Interesting.  Need to put the leg gaskets in.  

I also need to figure out how to hold my ab armor up.  Geeky pink said to use snaps on the belt thing she made me which might work? 

I also didnt realize how huge the new KB fore arms were and I’m going to just have to roll with it unless it causes me to not get approved.  

Edited by TheDon

Might be a tricky build but persistence yield results. Keep it up, you got this Joe, plus there are people here with great experience building the FOTK. Just keep posting photos so members can chime in and offer advice and support.

Wcnjk3v.jpg&key=2763c144646e2a94b73783088fe07bfd8302f62f22405558e668967dc0330fd3

I have pants! 

Hows this look so far? I’m working from the bottom up. Need to get some sew on snaps for the knee plates and get the spats on

Looking sharp Joe! You’ll have some good space around the knee plates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Photos make the armor look so much better....  

also I forgot what it felt like to wear a snow suit.  I feel like I’m ready to go out and plan in the snow.  Rubber gaskets must be worse. 

OqKNpdq.jpg

cod mounting cut outs.  Forgot to get 2” elastic so I’ll get more tomorrow as well as fabric to make my back closure.  I can’t do magnets because I prefer a zipper and I always have help.  I wish I had taken pictures of my shoretrooper I did and I liked the back closure KW sent along with it. Pretty sure he used canvas.  

Ill also add a few snaps for the belt  tomorrow and continue working my way up. 

Need to settle on how to mount knee plates.  

Edited by TheDon
  • Like 1