TheDon's Build: BSP/KB Props TLJ FOTK

TheDon

Looking good Joe. There's no requirement stating you have to split the kidney, though it's accurate to do so it's one of those unseen areas that won't be held against you during approvals, not to mention if you're fortunate enough to have the waistline to slide in and out with no issues than more power to you.  

Chick-Fil-A needs to start closing on days other than Sunday.. that might help me from having to split the back plate!

anyone reading have a shortcut or link to the helmet foam pattern? its a 4 fingered hand essentially. I had it for my Shoretrooper and cannot locate it. if not ill just wing it. The MICH pads are not thick enough. I need at least 3/4" or 1" foam 

1 hour ago, TheDon said:

anyone reading have a shortcut or link to the helmet foam pattern? its a 4 fingered hand essentially. I had it for my Shoretrooper and cannot locate it. if not ill just wing it. The MICH pads are not thick enough. I need at least 3/4" or 1" foam 

This? https://trooperbay.com/yellow-foam-helmet-liner

I used super glue instead of being smart and using e6000.  

Usually I can break things apart cleanly with a quick snapping action but this didn’t work and it ripped the forearm apart at a crack that had formed.  

I managed to fix it for the most part and will probably take another stab at glueing it today.  Theres going to be a lot of apoxie sclupt to fix the wrist opening, it looks like crap with this 4 piece design. 

Edited by TheDon

1 hour ago, TheDon said:

I used super glue instead of being smart and using e6000.  

Usually I can break things apart cleanly with a quick snapping action but this didn’t work and it ripped the forearm apart at a crack that had formed.  

I managed to fix it for the most part and will probably take another stab at glueing it today.  Theres going to be a lot of apoxie sclupt to fix the wrist opening, it looks like crap with this 4 piece design. 

Ouch! Good thing filler is a must for this kit ;)

yhL7fir.jpg

fKLINni.jpg

I feel like the second photo is how the holster should go.   Don’t mind the top of the thigh. I still have some sculpting to the top to do.  The thighs from KB are a little odd but I think they all need some trimming to be accurate / not pinch da Butt

7b3YRBC.jpg

put the holster together.  I should have opted for the hardware kit instead of trying to find it here to save a few bucks.  Went with Allen drive machine screws since I cannot find security torx locally and this looks more spaceman than Phillips head 

getting closer! 

Ben stopped over with a set of his anovos thighs so I could make mine look more correct since the KB thighs do not have the swoop from the knee area to the back side.  Trimmed the yoke a bit so it doesnt poke me and the yoke /back plate just needs the pill holes cut out and the chest detail done. 

other than waiting for new forearms and to do something about the TD I am getting very close to paint.  

• Like 1

WaMdERl.jpg

zkJBPre.jpg

Good e-friggin-nuff

im going to have to take up drinking to do the chest pill holes because they are so darn soft or go with decals because srsly.  Softer than soft serve ice cream from an ice cream truck.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

5Eze9wZ.jpg

getting closer to being ready to send it out to be painted.  Working on the fine details, greeblies, and shoulder metal plate things I bought.   I should be able to do a duct tape assisted wearing soon

i keep working on it almost every day. An hour here and there. Hopefully it’s done before Halloween and approved. 

Dont mind the R2 project.  I’m also in the middle of building an R2D2 as well.   Can’t have just one project to overwhelm myself with. 

• Like 1

Every bit of time adds up in the end ;) 

Always good to have other projects in the background for those quiet times :duim:

Looking foward to seeing the paint applied.

• 2 weeks later...

Prepped all greeblies by bagging them separately and labeling them all. 

Mused a heat gun to make them pliable abs adjusted those that needed it. 

Also put in the chest resin piece. I’m not going to cut it out. I’m just going to paint it black where it needs to be.  

Items left to to deal with 

build the belt

make the back closure piece (I split the back open) 

adjust the shins so I can Velcro them closed. 

Mount shin boxes 

get longer screws for the metal holster 

(don’t be like me and cheap out on the holster. Get the included hardware) 

and then hen it will all be ready for paint. Aiming to get it to the paint shot next Saturday. Same awesome guy that did my bucket will be doing the armor.  

I can see see the light. 

0ZBX65h.jpg

2 hours later 

YYEakJQ.jpg

i left the belt belt a little long because I might want to trim the back so it closes tighter but I can trim from one end to cinch the belt in.  But whatever it’s done and would only need small modifications. I put the gap between the two boxes at the edge of the big Ab box 

next up up for today maybe is to put the notches in the front of the abdomen and on the butt plate for the elastic and snaps to mount to.  

An an hour here and there is finally starting to add up. 

@ukswrath, what’s your take on the shin armor. Butt joint closure or overlap?  I believe both are correct

Edited by TheDon
  • Like 1

If we are talking about the shoulder tabs, you can find some info in Tony’s build thread, also my mod

Shoulder Bell Accuracy
Shoulder Bell Accuracy pt 2
Shoulder Bell Accuracy: gmrhodes alt

• Like 1

Not seen any references of that one, I thought the only differences was in the arms both Finn and the riot control stormtrooper in some shots are seen with no pill boxes on