Mmm .. my guess is you didn't trim enough of your ear!

Did you check Mike's excellent built tutorial? Or check any of the AP build tutorial? Check my helmet build thread too ..

Unless AP changed the length of his screws, I have at least a 3/8" extra inside the bucket.

The bolts are about 3/4 of an inch long, right? Mine all fit in ok, with 5mmof extra thread left on the inside...

I'm not sure why yours don't reach thru....post a pic of your ears and maybe we can solve it?

Ears on the AP are probably the most annoying and difficult things to get right, so take it really slow.

Just push the inner lid area with your fingers,the plastic will flex enough for you to get the nut on (JUST).

Once you have half a turn hold the nut and use a screwdriver,it will do up no prob.Dont go over tight though.

Ears on the AP are probably the most annoying and difficult things to get right, so take it really slow.

Thats nothing mate,just wait till you start on the arms and legs missfits on every part.very poor kit for the £££ $$$

A great deal of modelling skill is needed to sort what should have been right in the first place.