Insulin Pump

Deyo

Is there anyone who has an insulin pump with their TK armor?  I need to figure out how to make my insulin pump clip onto the armor in some way.  I was thinking of glueing a small bracket onto the inside of the chest piece but I would like to hear what people have done so far.  The pump itself has a belt clip with it.

Thanks

• Like 1

There is a patch on my stomach area and I will be using a two piece suit.  Normally it is on my belt.  The insulin pump only has around two feet of cable connecting to the patch.  I can go around an hour without having the pump with me but would have to take a small break every hour to "resupply".  I am fitting my torso tonight so I will see how much room and what my options are for mounting.  The size is roughly 3 x 8 x 1.

Given the size and cable restrictions I'd start by looking in the chest plate where a lot of people put the speakers for their audio system.  Might mean you can't do both but I'd say the pump is significantly more important than audio.  Second choice would be the back plate but cable length might be and issue.  Not sure I'd trust having it outside the armour incase it pinched the insulin line.

Usually we do take breaks at least once an hour but in your position I wouldn't want to depend on it.

Hi there! As a type 1 Diabetic, I also had to figure this one out. What model pump are you using? I made a small bracket with some scrap ABS and glued it in at the very top of my abdomen plate for my T-slim pump. The belt clip slips right through the bracket and holds nicely against my undersuit.

37964264092_7db8c3d605_k.jpg

Untitled by Taylor Goodson, on Flickr

37941409356_2eb51f5b1b_k.jpg

37941409346_5cd295d0e6_k.jpg

(Do excuse the post-lunch glucose! :P ) The good part about housing it all in the abdomen plate is that I don't have to run up the tubing to my chest plate. I originally had it there, but the tubing wasn't quite long enough to slip from beneath the shirt all the way up and around the strapping. Just be sure that your abdomen plate has as little extra room at the top to account for the extra inches. :)

Edited by Ruthar

3 minutes ago, Deyo said:

I have a medtronic. How did you mold that piece of abs? Hot water and patience?

Thank you for the advice everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just cut a strip of ABS 1" thick then used a lighter to heat up a small section just enough to allow it to bend. I did the same technique for my bicep hooks as well - it's really quite simple and it cools into shape rather quickly. Here's a snapshot from making the hooks:

37443668035_2a8a927a32_k.jpg

• 9 months later...