Armour fitting, help needed!

Hi there guys!

So, I've done a couple of outings in the armour now and I've come across the same issue twice now. From the front my armour appears to fit fine, however from the side, the armour appears incredibly small/tight on me. I think it might be the return edge, but  wanted to see what you thought before I go trimming it off!! I've put some photos of examples from different angles, so if you have an ideas on what I need to do, it'd be incredibly helpful!!

Thanks!

tapatalk_1508111324882.thumb.jpeg.f1cabc6a6b897a47d144e5d85d5ebc27.jpegtapatalk_1508111320516.thumb.jpeg.181e27d3db383e08b0f9e9671cfeed8c.jpegtapatalk_1508111328250.thumb.jpeg.d000678abd2e63cdbc57aa5966ddb0f8.jpegimage-0-02-04-6df4cf54602aba4aff4d47257fd1aff5b31cb942355def691e153f296dc091ae-V.thumb.jpg.e4082e0a4c66a65ed428c073a196b954.jpg

I wouldn’t trim anything. From the sides it probably looks that way because there is more black showing. Not sure how your torso piece are connected to each other but I would try and connect the butt plate to the kidney plate so they touch and then shim the kidney plate to the abdomen. On you tube look up tk1636 he has complete build videos if you type in “tk1636 shims” you should find it right away. I think that would help you get the desired look you want. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hi all

ive have been given a used set of armour, don't know the maker but not the abs isn't thin.

the arms & legs are too big for me, is it easy to take of the strips off and resize it to fit me ?.....same for the legs ?

top of the thighs are too long dig into me ,so can I reshape them ?

but ive got to add waist /  kidney shims, do I add them to the back or to the front plate ? any good links?

thanks in advance on this challenge

13 minutes ago, phil said:

hi all

ive have been given a used set of armour, don't know the maker but not the abs isn't thin.

the arms & legs are too big for me, is it easy to take of the strips off and resize it to fit me ?.....same for the legs ?

but ive got to add waist /  kidney shims, do I add them to the back or to the front plate ? any good links?

That depends on the type of glue used, E6000 can be carefully taken apart. As for reshaping, everything as possible to trim to fit your size and the shims should be added to the kidney plate. If other glue is used then it will be harder to separate the pieces but you might get lucky...if the pieces are ”big enough” then you could cut the coverstrip right of and set a new one. Pics would help to give you more detailed advise:salute:

4 hours ago, phil said:

hi all

If you could post some photos of the pieces in question (and how they currently fit you) that would help tremendously.  You may be able to get away with minimal effort, but since they are very large you have the advantage of trimming them.  Shimming (making them larger) is a whole different matter.  The tops of the thighs can be trimmed to where they fit comfortably, and there should be a gap between them and the cod area.  

eb84Of2.jpg?1

What I would suggest at this point is to suit up (wearing and undersuit) and take photos (they really do speak a thousand words) from as many different angles as possible.  This will give us a much better idea of what adjustments/alterations will be needed.  We are here to help, Phil, so don't be shy about asking questions!

• Like 1