Dyops TLJ FOTK Build (Jimmiroquai)

dyops

If you’re going to do the overlap you might as well go with Velcro for flexibility.

Most people find a way to connect the biceps to either the yoke or bells, or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dyops said:

BTW, I noticed the forearms are way off from the screen used ones. But did anyone cut out a hole for the black strip near the elbow or did you use the decals?

I cut mine but decal is fine too.

Also when gluing back together your forearms, make the non-greeblie side seamless if you can :) 

ltoUCTP.jpg

17 hours ago, dyops said:

How are the biceps attached? Velcro also and to the gaskets?

I just did a single snap to the shoulder-bell to keep them from falling down.

EDIT: As in elastic glued to bicep with a snap on the other end that connects to the bell.

Edited by Ensi

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted but I didn't make much progress. I made snaps and glued them on different parts. I shaped the cut up biceps and thighs and will glue them back together overlapped.

Our garrison had an armour party last weekend so that's where I made some progress. I haven't started painting yet. I cut the forearms and used fiberglass to put them back together. I didn't have extra abs to use as cover strips. Did some bondo and sanding too.

24966133638_f724c65af9_c.jpg

38807721442_d3720ccdd3_c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Getting close!! Did most of my straps and snaps. Had to try on the armour so I know where to put the last straps on the shoulder to the bicep pieces and where to put the velcros to attach the gaskets. Just have to finish the belt pieces and glue the "card swipe" pieces to the shins, then it's sanding and priming time!! Oh yeah, have to attach the lens to the helmet too!

Did anyone put any straps to the spats part to attach to the shins or don't need too? Also, how do I raise the shoulder bells? It sits a bit low compared to the yoke.

24275595997_d5d1b60c6d_c.jpg

38425604204_a226c0b8e5_c.jpg

39104354022_87b713aa60_c.jpg

25268803488_6579c6c0ac_c.jpg

Edited by dyops
  • Like 2

Since I have a break next week, I can hopefully finish up my armour to get it ready for painting. I also hope to have time to work on my blasters.

I bought a 3D printed F-11d but I am not that satisfied with the quality that I need to smoothen(?) out the 3d fibers and repaint it. I also need to replace the screws for the ones used in the screen versions. So... does anyone know where I can get the hardward and decals for the F-11d? I tried reaching out to Max in these forums but never got a response.

Also, I am going to repaint the Nerf SE-44C and place that in the holster. Yes, I know it's small but it's a good weapon to hand to kids for photo ops. Plus, in some cases, I will carry some darts in the pouches so I can play with them. It would depend on the troop.

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:36 AM, dyops said:

Getting close!! Did most of my straps and snaps. Had to try on the armour so I know where to put the last straps on the shoulder to the bicep pieces and where to put the velcros to attach the gaskets. Just have to finish the belt pieces and glue the "card swipe" pieces to the shins, then it's sanding and priming time!! Oh yeah, have to attach the lens to the helmet too!

Did anyone put any straps to the spats part to attach to the shins or don't need too? Also, how do I raise the shoulder bells? It sits a bit low compared to the yoke.

24275595997_d5d1b60c6d_c.jpg

38425604204_a226c0b8e5_c.jpg

39104354022_87b713aa60_c.jpg

25268803488_6579c6c0ac_c.jpg

For the shoulder bells I've attached a few pics, These have been floating around so not mine. There are two straps for the snap that go in slots opposite of the metal tab. The pics should be helpful.

Spats I have seen Velcro for those, still debating how I'm doing mine

Hope this helps, keep up the good work trooper! 

shoulderbell2.jpg

shoulderbelltab1.jpg

On 2/20/2018 at 6:14 PM, dyops said:

Unfortunately I can't do that with my yoke since I "blocked it with a piece of metal. I'll try to find another way! Thanks for the suggestion though.

Bend/shape a piece of metal or plastic around the lip :) Not as screen accurate but looks way better with those supports.

0oDSq0O.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know it's been a while since I last posted. My armour is finally ready to be painted!! Originally I was supposed to have it done by an auto painter from our garrison but he's been swamped with work. The money I would have paid him, he would donate to the garrison.

Since he is busy, I will paint it myself as can't wait with the tons of troops lined up for May. I decided to use the Rustoleum Pure Glose White. I have a few questions:

- What's a good clear coat I can use with the Rustoleum. I want to protect the paint armour as much as I can. It would be nice if it is polish/wax friendly. :P

-If I do a clear coat, should I sandpaper the paint coat? If so, with what grit of sandpaper

- For the 2 front belt boxes, what is the thickness of the white part? 3/16"? I know these are 2 toned - black and white. For the black I will use Satin Black. Or should I use Matte Black?

Lastly, if someone can transfer this thread to the TLJ thread, it would be much appreciated as this is a Last Jedi build. :D

40630234354_fa597c900a_c.jpg

Edited by dyops

• 3 weeks later...

Just bumping this post as I'm hoping it will be transfered to the TLJ build as this is not a TFA build.

Also, I am close, just painting and cursing as the paint either runs, I get orange peel, or more cracks appear. My target is to finish this before May 4. ;)

2 hours ago, dyops said:

Just bumping this post as I'm hoping it will be transfered to the TLJ build as this is not a TFA build.

Have moved your build thread to TLJ.

I personally use automotive acrylic paint and glad I do I have heard a lot of horror stories with Rustoleum and Krylon paints. Good luck with the painting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

APPROVED!! TK 11250, reporting to the First Order for duties. No sanitary ones, please. :lol:

I still need to polish my armour up and fix some minor cracks here and there. Also, have to fix my blaster.

42037108944_06772e16ca_c.jpg
28827997048_00fcf22f30_c.jpg28827999818_79f421839e_c.jpg
41802347725_9304852b24_c.jpg27832975167_b270e54731_c.jpg

Edited by dyops
  • Like 1