RS prop masters problem

Inkedfritos686

Hey everyone, so maybe I'm putting it on wrong but I can't get my right side of kidney plate to clip to the rivet. When I try to pull the strap there's about a 1" gap from the clip. Also the back, kidney plate won't budge any closer so there is a huge 6-8" gap from front to the back.

Could I unclip the left side and add velcro to add some space on left side for right side to clip together.

Help????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" applies in this case, Stephen.  I am assuming you did the RS full commision, which should fit danged near perfect, as a 6 to 8 inch gap seems awfully wide.  If you could post up some pics it would be really helpful, that way we can get you sorted out.  I thought you were doing an AM 2.0 build!  ? 

The old saying "A picture is worth a thousand words" applies in this case, Stephen.  I am assuming you did the RS full commision, which should fit danged near perfect, as a 6 to 8 inch gap seems awfully wide.  If you could post up some pics it would be really helpful, that way we can get you sorted out.  I thought you were doing an AM 2.0 build!  ? 

I will be posting pictures of it shortly. I was doing the A.M 2.0 build and with school and career i ran out of time which was no fun. I loved working on it.

In storage, pieces of the armor got cracked in half probably from roommates putting stuff on it.

Sorry to hear about the AM damages!  You may want to consider selling any pieces that are salvageable... AM does not provide spare parts, and there may be folks looking for them.

So I was able to finally get some pictures of the armor. The shoulders seem to small since measurement guide doesn't ask for should measurement. The thighs don't go up all the way so I can't bend knees at all or put the lower legs on. My knee is a little above the bottom so hits the armor instantly. They replied to my email and will be sending these pictures to them as well in order to get it fixed hopefully.

d1a2dd42503ee77c49ff878c2d0bdb74.jpg

cb53bb6124d60ff95537941e0bb207b5.jpg294fae48fb8d7cd89a1ad9b0d40860e5.jpg
7d855508d1c5994256a3d587805b7a26.jpg
2463e0b0d7b1afad15aed7e7cad11ea1.jpg
8b5d519845e877d47bf4818494cd819a.jpg
9263e1ee48145d2a6428d138e4ed8157.jpg
8dbebbbdd48f2ec6a920ba08194cef60.jpgd111d9742a5d2eaae23e877f85806a8a.jpg

My guess is that you took measurements wrong when you sent the order sheet in . The armour is too small for you , and the thighs too thin . Or Have you put weight on recently ? They can only build to the measurements you send .

Sorry if I sound blunt , it's not my intention , but reading something typed can give that impression . 

Fully understand what you both are saying. The measurements were taken by professional seamstress per the sheets requirements. I emailed the measurements exactly as the seamstress had wrote down. It's a huge possibility that I gained weight during the time.

For pants size I gave a 38 waist because that's what my pants say and what they asked for. My pants sit on hips though so maybe that was an issue.

Would back muscle interfere with how the shoulder bells fit?

The top of thighs are to tight. I've tried to pull them up but they don't budge from where I had them at

Ouch I was hoping that was not the case

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Also not to be sounding blunt but sizing only gets you so far in TK armor. The limbs can be adjusted but not torso. RS is designed for 5'8ish 170lb.ish. anything bigger then that and stuff dont fit right. IE. Shoulders being to wide for chest and bells to fit and look right. Again not knocking a fellow Trooper. Just making an observation

• 2 weeks later...

The armor seems like it was built to movie size specs and way too small for you,  the armor side gaps are huge nothing they can do about that unless they add shims which I doubt,  new AP armor can fit up to 41" waist no problem, not sure why they ask for pants size I always ask for waist size at belly level button level which is more accurate when fitting a armor.

Mark (AP)

When I was looking at RS they advised me not to use the size of my jeans as my waist size but to measure my actual waist, my jeans are 30” waist but I actually measure at 32” waist, my jeans aren’t tight it’s just that in the UK the labels inside jeans tend to be a size smaller than they are, it makes us feel good that we can get into 30” jeans and 32” are too big when in reality we are comparing 32” to 34”

All I’m suggesting is if you used your pants measurement over here in the uk that would be too small.

I was at RS last week (they are local to me) and they are a great bunch of people, they take a real pride in their commissions.

I hope everything gets sorted for you, their armour is amazing :)

• 1 month later...

Well everything worked out guys, thanks for all the advice. Got new shoulders, body and thighs sent to me. Everything fit for most part and wore it at work at my movie theater. All the kids loved it. Shoulders in pic are old shoulders. Working on replacing them with new ones soon. 2cb2b1189641314f68123aea45fb498d.jpg

• Like 5

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

armors are usually made for 5'8 through 6' so if you are 6'1" you may have to adjust the level on thighs and arms so theres as little gap as possible but otherwise ok. Height is not really a problem unless you have basketball player height, but when you are a little too wide you may have gaps on the sides or armor parts wont fit well. Then again, like Joseph said, a picture is worth a thousand words Matt so send your pictures and we can help you further. I have an Anovos armor and they are made for 6' tops and Im 6'1" so i had to watch the gaps here and there but it fits awesome, actually im a little too thin so the armor jiggles in some parts lol.