ShadyP's FOTK built thread (Backstage Props - preorder FOTK)

ShadyP

14 minutes ago, ShadyP said:

upon inspecting the TFA and TLJ crl's,  the image for the cod is the exact same image.  I checked the URLs for both, and it points to the same file.   So with that in mind, according to the CRL, this cod will be fine :) 

The TFA/TLJ CRLs are under change so I wouldn’t be too sure that will still be the case afterwards.

• Like 1

The TFA/TLJ CRLs are under change so I wouldn’t be too sure that will still be the case afterwards.

Yeah, I figured it’s too good to be true. Just means I need to get this together quickly once it arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, ShadyP said:

Yeah, I figured it’s too good to be true. Just means I need to get this together quickly once it arrives.

I can´t be sure though but wanted to give a heads up:)

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, ShadyP said:

The CRLs are fluid and currently under review. That said, if your build thread is in progress while the CRL is you shouldn't be denied approval at higher levels, so long as it's not well into next year when you finish, then it may be up for debate ;) 

• Like 1

We had a 3 month grace period on the OT TK CRL amendments after they were published, so there is no reason why the FO CRL's will be any different.

We are not about making things impossible for members who have started construction without plenty of notice,so you should be fine :)

• Like 1

upon inspecting the TFA and TLJ crl's,  the image for the cod is the exact same image.  I checked the URLs for both, and it points to the same file.   So with that in mind, according to the CRL, this cod will be fine  

Whilst images like this exist the TLJ cod will always be a a fun one to pick. One, scene, three varying looks!

70c154b341d7656366cc92fd544da259.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:10 AM, ShadyP said:

upon inspecting the TFA and TLJ crl's,  the image for the cod is the exact same image.  I checked the URLs for both, and it points to the same file.   So with that in mind, according to the CRL, this cod will be fine :) 

Correct at the time of the CRL being made the then FISD DL decided that as there was no armor maker supplying the TLJ cod then the TFA cod could be used for base approval so the image shows a TFA cod, with the TLJ cod a requirement for L2. As others have mentioned the FO CRL's will be undergoing some rework hopefully soon so this issue and others will be revisited. 

Comparison I put together at the time

XCvs6Xa.jpg

• Like 1

well, BSP tells me that the boxes have been shipped to me but thus far they have not provided any tracking info.   I'm hesitant to get my hopes up but maybe these will arrive shortly.  

I've got 3 sets of this armor being shipped to me.  Two of my squad mates are going to be building along with me.  I'm not sure if we'll all use this build thread or if they will start their own.  This FOTK will be their first FISD submission.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadyP said:

well, BSP tells me that the boxes have been shipped to me but thus far they have not provided any tracking info.   I'm hesitant to get my hopes up but maybe these will arrive shortly.  

I've got 3 sets of this armor being shipped to me.  Two of my squad mates are going to be building along with me.  I'm not sure if we'll all use this build thread or if they will start their own.  This FOTK will be their first FISD submission.  

Looking forward to your builds

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's been two weeks since BSP told me these kits shipped.   I don't have them.  BSP has thus far not provided any details on the shipment.  No tracking number, not even the name of the shipping service they are using.   Instead they merely tell me that the boxes have shipped and that "I should see the delivery soon."  I understand all to well that international shipping takes awhile, however no purchase of this value should be dispatched without sufficient tracking information.   Without it, neither myself nor BSP have any proof against lost or stolen goods.   

I know BSP has a strong track record of producing and distributing quality armor.  I'm hesitant to refer people to them due to this lack of shipment information.  Hopefully my nervous wait will end soon.   

I'm not sure were they are based but I know off hand in some cases I've waited 3 to 4 weeks for shipping from other countries, plus any hold ups in customs. I've not always received tracking or details when armor has shipped from several makers.

I've seen recent posts from them with kits shipping and some spare in hand so cross fingers it appears very soon.

• Like 1

I'm not sure were they are based but I know off hand in some cases I've waited 3 to 4 weeks for shipping from other countries, plus any hold ups in customs. I've not always received tracking or details when armor has shipped from several makers.

I've seen recent posts from them with kits shipping and some spare in hand so cross fingers it appears very soon.

Taiwan

• Like 1

I've ordered stuff from international sellers before and understand the long travel times.  The thing that is killing me is their refusal to provide details, things like what courier they are using and a tracking number.  I'm shocked honestly that what should be a simple piece of data to provide is causing me so much anxiety.   

I'm going to dial my focus into getting D-O driving around.  That should distract me from the pile of FOTK parts collecting dust.  

• Like 1

I've ordered stuff from international sellers before and understand the long travel times.  The thing that is killing me is their refusal to provide details, things like what courier they are using and a tracking number.  I'm shocked honestly that what should be a simple piece of data to provide is causing me so much anxiety.   

I'm going to dial my focus into getting D-O driving around.  That should distract me from the pile of FOTK parts collecting dust.  

It surprises me to hear this. When I bought a prop from them I received shipping info within hours and received the item three days later.

I’m going to ask some questions of others who have ordered and see what the consensus is.

I was sent a tracking number at 3AM this morning. The UPS tracking info shows label created 10/14/19 and delivery on 10/16/19. They claim these were shipped 3 weeks ago but the label was created yesterday, that speaks volumes to me.

The rationale for the delayed shipment provided is "I am so pissed off by the former forwarder.  Took the boxes and quoted super high rate. Take time to settle down shipping issue. Now it ship by ups. You could have it soon. So sorry."  It looks like BSP bit the bullet and paid outrageously high shipping rates to get these kits to me in 2 days from Taiwan.   We may have had a bumpy road on this project thus far, but BSP is maintaining their reputation.  I can't wait to see these tomorrow.  I'll post up pictures and unboxing video's

• Like 1

The rationale for the delayed shipment provided is "I am so pissed off by the former forwarder.  Took the boxes and quoted super high rate. Take time to settle down shipping issue. Now it ship by ups. You could have it soon. So sorry."  It looks like BSP bit the bullet and paid outrageously high shipping rates to get these kits to me in 2 days from Taiwan.   We may have had a bumpy road on this project thus far, but BSP is maintaining their reputation.  I can't wait to see these tomorrow.  I'll post up pictures and unboxing video's

Glad the little nudge got some traction. Seems like others are getting their numbers too.

• Like 1

Alright alright alright. This is actually going to become a build thread now. Since I am building a TLJ FOTK, might have to move this thread to the other forum.

The kits have been delivered and sorted into 3 sets. My plan for this weekend is to get it all trimmed. Then when I return from Pittsburgh on Wednesday I can start glueing.

I don’t have photos of every piece at the moment. I did take these.

The forearm recess at the top is rather shallow but no depth is mentioned in the CRL so I’m not concerned at the moment. The pauldron is small. The last photo is my Anovos pauldron laying on top of the BSP. The sizing is somewhat comical, though anyone smaller than me may be able to use it.

As you can see, one of the AB boxes was hacked during BSP’s trimming process. They’ve agreed to send replacements though I haven’t a clue how long that will take get here.

30e88837dce96844bf301cd16d7c03e3.jpgd9adeeedcb90d9e5c33c6b23d91ff66b.jpgf02006b27c9c38e9b0f36383c9d7e34c.jpg03600f7272fd024e558f730bf3c83277.jpgf42db58399499927f9122d2181e47be3.jpg415c0ae3ec3929a7d2f1c6ff7713b210.jpgdafa1257809cfd718a1924569d09ab1e.jpg

• Like 2

Looking forward to the build Patrick!

With over 20 of these kits now in circulation there should be a lot of build threads coming. That’s a lot of shared experiences!

• Like 1

Moved to the TLJ build area for you.

Bummer about the ab box, although looks like it could be saved if needed, hopefully you won't have to wait too long for the replacement.

Many suppliers of the pauldrons just haven't got the size or shape quite right, I'd suggest giving some feedback and perhaps some references, never know they may update their moulds.

Once again good luck moving forward, exciting times.

• Like 1

Trimming.

My fingers can’t handle any more trimming tonight. I got the legs all cut out and about half of the arms. Overall, the trim lines are great. The ABS is pretty inconsistent in terms of thickness. It never gets “too thin” but it’s definitely thicker in some places.

The leg parts all have fabulous tabbed sides that fit great together and will make glueing fantastically easy.

I need to go check other builds and pictures for return edges on the hand side of the forearms. I’m not sure how much of this to cut off yet, so I didn’t. The upper recess, looks deeper depending on the angle.

6f18bd133078812c044dd7ceba932c2a.jpg3ba985995f24c21dbaa72c0c1d15d90a.jpg

d6277f39e737e73cd3e7bf7aebc42dee.plist899c51bf81aee21cd130d5b257346140.jpgd3503abf4e18a95f2bbb3817962a79f3.plist

The inside seam looks more like a cover strip than the overlap you see on FO troopers. What are your thoughts?

How are the outside seams of the shins?

The inside seam looks more like a cover strip than the overlap you see on FO troopers. What are your thoughts?

How are the outside seams of the shins?

Once the seams are bondo’d the cover strip appearance may go away. Here are a few pics of the overlapping halves for both sides. c1e8f9e0b6f58453f501a2deabdfe18b.jpg28fa0e88a4ca3f2ae0027c6874f37aff.jpg28363e84f6ea49d38caeb1046da6cf16.jpg

• Like 2