ShadyP's FOTK built thread (Backstage Props - preorder FOTK)

ShadyP

Now that Mimic is planning to ship out our armor in two batches, I thought its time for me to post up my build thread.  Mimic states that he's going to ship the kits in 2 batches, the first to dispatch is the back, butt, abs, chest, yoke and cod.  The limbs and helmet will come later on.  So far, this is where I am with my needed gear: 

Gaskets - Geeky Pink Gaskets  -got them

Gloves - Imperial Boots -got them

Boots - Imperial Boots -got them

Neck Seal - using my current ANH TK neck seal

Belt - Jafo - got it

Cloth Pouches - trooperbay - got them

Undersuit - StormtrooperUndersuit.com -got it

Blaster Rifle 3D printed kit of the F11D about 75% sanded

Pistol3D printed SE44c hasn't been started aside from printing it - waiting in a box for me to sand it

Helmet - Anovos TLJ

Helmet Electronics - Ukswrath's amp/speakers, home made USB fan rig -I've got them, but haven't installed them yet

Armor - Backstate Props (FOTK preorder)

Harness - condor tactical vest

Am I missing anything?  After getting the undersuit and trying it on, I'm pumped to get this armor completed.  The undersuit is already more comfortable than what I wear with my current TK.  With 4 other people here in Vermont on this Mimic order, we're going to look amazing. 

**EDIT**
after pulling the plug on Mimic's run, I've now ordered a TFA kit from KB Props.  I opted for TFA vs TLJ primarily because I already have the helmet.  There are now 3 of us in VT instead of 5 building together.  KB told us 4-5 weeks.  The hype has returned.

**EDIT (again)**
KB Props has declared that he's closing and has advised all unfullfilled orders to seek refunds from Paypal.  

**EDIT (good things come in threes)**
My Vermont group is now on the BSP FOTK preorder.  They claim to be pulling all the preorders in June but only time will tell.  If this vendor doesn't come through, I'm switching my project time/energy to a wookie. 

**EDIT (last one for I hope)**
I sold my Anovos TFA helmet and have switched my plan to TLJ after acquiring the Anovos TLJ 

Edited by ShadyP
updated parts list with current plans

These FOTK boots are much more comfortable than my TKBoots. I’m not sure if it’s just a sizing issue or the overall shape but I could live in these. After a couple hours in my OT TK, my feet are killing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're looking in great shape and good to go!

If you don't have a balaclava yet I'd highly recommend the UA HeatGear Tactical Hood. Lightweight and awesome.

I wasn’t planning to wear one, though it could be nice in the winter.

• Like 1

I wasn’t planning to wear one, though it could be nice in the winter.

It’s also nice so kids don’t look up inside the bucket and see a face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4 hours ago, JAFO said:

It’s also nice so kids don’t look up inside the bucket and see a face emoji16.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yeah, my head's too fat for there to be much extra space to see into from below. 

• 2 weeks later...
These FOTK boots are much more comfortable than my TKBoots. I’m not sure if it’s just a sizing issue or the overall shape but I could live in these. After a couple hours in my OT TK, my feet are killing me.

How are your boots for size? I've just received my and they are massive.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

On 11/1/2017 at 2:32 PM, Ilnino said:

How are your boots for size? I've just received my and they are massive.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

They are closer to my actual shoe size than TKBoots are.  My size 12 TKboots fit like an 11 but my size 12 Imperial have a little extra space around the ankle.  I've been tempted to wear these with my ANH TK just for the comfort.  

My quest for a harness solution ended.  I ogled another New England Garrison members FOTK rig and am happily stealing his designs for strapping.  He uses a Condor MCR1 tactical vest.  Mine arrived yesterday and I'll be starting to make straps and snaps at some point next week.  Ideally, all I will need to do when the armor arrives is glue in snap plates and figure out how to attach it to the gaskets (which I'm told are shipping today or tomorrow).

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2017 at 4:38 PM, First0rder said:

HA!  I Bet i know who you are referring too!!  is his Initials K.S. ??? LOL  

Indeed they are.  Are you the Andrew I've seen in photo's with him @ ESPN?

I finally got my belt kit and harnesses last night.  They've been over at another squad members house for weeks but now they are in my stack of soft parts as we wait for MIMIC to get us some armor.  The wait is starting to get to me.  I recently had a nightmare that Anovos got their kits out before Mimic did.    

Its painful waiting on gear to arrive,  ive actually built an OT TK while waiting on Anovos to deliver. haha

As for ESPN sadly that wasnt me with Kevin.  That was Chris A from NEG and the other 2 Troopers were from the Midwest Chicago garrison.

So what do you have in hand now and what are you waiting on again? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm willing to put a few patches on the line saying that Mimic beats Anovos shipment by a long shot. Feel everyone's pain though. Almost done with my First Order Tie while I've been waiting. But with all the prep and work I'm doing on just that it makes me thankful for a finished kit. That literally saves me a couple of months of work, at the pace I work at.

Ok, so Mimic was too good to be true at this point. The group of us in Vermont have started the PayPal process for a refund.

It’s a bummer. We got led on about how work was progressing on the armor. Turns out there hasn’t been much progress over the last few months and there is no timeline for completion. The run will probably produce marvelous armor in the long run, but “maybe in the future” isn’t a timeline I can follow.

I’m open to suggestions of armor kits. I’ll be shopping around while we wait on PayPal.

1 hour ago, heartstopper85 said:

Kb props and Jim tripon are only other two I know of.

There is also BSP (back stage props) and Anovos if you want to wait and wait and wait