Which hand guard for trooping

My armor is nearly complete.  I'm trying to build towards Centurion from the beginning.  I bought my rubber gloves but also have nomex for trooping.  I also have the ABS hand Guards and latex.  I know that Centurion status could take a while so I'm curious what anyone troops with.  I know that most don't troop with the rubber gloves so I'm wondering if people are out there with the latex or ABS hand guards.  Right now I'm leaning towards gluing the latex to the nomex gloves.  But I don't want to be the odd man out if I'm the only one doing that. Thoughts?

I troop with rubber gloves with a cotton liner underneath..... gluing latex hand guards to nomex is not rare, many troopers used these gloves when trooping...

Great to hear that you are aiming for Centurion, Kevin!  To reach that level, you will need flexible hand guards, but they must be attached to rubber gloves.  For trooping in hotter climates like CA. a lot of troopers change to the nomex ones after approval.  Instead of gluing the flexible guards to the rubber gloves you can attach them with Velcro, that way you can eventually Velcro (or glue) them to your Nomex ones.  I suggest these type, which have a longer wrist so that it doesn't slip out from underneath your forearm armor:  

--------------

I sell the flexible guards if you need them, and they are 100% approvable at Centurion level.  There is a link underneath my large avatar below to my sales thread, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

For high-visibility Disney/LFL events, glamour photos, and other events where I want to look my absolute best I use my Centurion-grade rubber gloves w latex handplates. For everything else (which is 90-95% of my trooping time), I go with nomex gloves and ABS handguards that I wear over the gloves via two elastic straps across each palm.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat. I'll glue the flexible guards to the rubber gloves and pick up something more breathable (nomex etc.) and use the 'spare' ABS hand guards that came with my kit. At least that's the plan.

I have two pair of gloves; a pair of nomex and a pair of the rubber gloves. I got the nomex gloves because I figured they would be the most comfortable. I have actually found that the rubber glove with some cotton liners is actually more comfortable (and also looks the best as well). Cotton liners are the key. Got a bunch from Amazon.

Call me crazy but I actually wear my nomex underneath my rubber gloves. NYC weather allowed for it to be very comfortable. Just moved to FL though so I’ll go with trooping nomex and saving the rubber gloves for high level events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the rubber gloves with the flexible hand guards for certain troops and pictures. I then wear for most of the troops the nomex gloves with the plastic hand guards. The flexible ones I attached with glue and the plastic ones are attached with Velcro.

I wear the rubber ones all the time. They're accurate. I live with the sweat. A Troopers life:smiley-sw013:

I just couldn't bring myself to use a plastic handguard.:)