Imperial Attaché Award

Advanced Tactics Awards

EIB - The March To 1000

New Merch

From the PRO
Follow FISD

UCA5Mbr.png

el91185_head.jpg

Ryan Hubbard, TK-91185 of 501st Garrison Tyranus, passed on the 9th of September, 2017. Ryan is remembered for his cheer, mirth, and a zest for life that set the pace for fellow troopers and audience alike. Ryan also was a member of the Civil Air Patrol, a dance instructor, and an EMT/paramedic (the significance of the "911" in his Legion ID number). Memorial donations may be made to Christiansburg Rescue Squad http://www.christiansburg.org

The Hall of Eternal Legionnaires will become a brighter place for Ryan’s presence, "buckets off"

f4lx8H6.thumb.gif.a53e4f163cd06b70b40aac 

With Unquestioned Loyalty
Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

eRGDj4d.png

When I first got in to the Legion in 2005, my garrison was relatively sleepy.  I remember my new garrison mate and I jumping at the chance to troop a local QFC simply because it was the first troop in 2 months. Yup, when you only have a dozen a troops a year, you try to go to every one you can, even if they involve standing in cold rain.

My garrison now has something like 100 trooping opportunities a year – nearly a 10-fold increase, yet most of us “older” – and by that I don’t mean age so much as tenure in the Legion – don’t troop much more than we did 10 years ago.  In some cases, even less.  Why is that?  Part of it is age – most people join the 501st when they are in their 30’s and single, and 10 years later they are married with kids and have a lot more things competing with free time on weekends.  Sometimes its burn-out, they got in to a personal argument at some point and are now “jaded” on their garrison or Legion.  Sometimes it is just that other things seem more appealing. 

Today I rocked the TK for the first time in months, and as I went to the changing area it was like reuniting with a bunch of old friends.  Everyone was welcoming, and I left the event much later wishing I could have hung out with my garrison mates for many more hours still, and am already eagerly looking forward to my next troop.

As October is census time, it’s not uncommon to see Legion members come out of the woodworks to get their “hour of trooping in a costume” done for a year so they can remain active for 12 more months.  When you see them, how do you greet them?  Are you creating an environment that is one that they want to come back to?  Something to think about when you see “old timers” come out to a troop after a long break.

photo-thumb-2.jpg

Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader

9hStZgn.png

tk51878_head.jpg

As many of you have noticed, our Executive Officer, Tim (Dark CMF), has not be as active on the boards as he used to be earlier in the year.  As somtimes happens Darth Real Life issues have come up that are higher priority. Trooping and the Legion is a hobby after all, and sometimes one has to step away for a bit to focus on family and work.  As a result he has taken a sinecure as DL Emeritus and stepped down as XO. 

I want to extend on behalf of myself personally but also from FISD a big "Thank you!" to Tim for his dedication and all of his hard work in the first half of the year when we had election transition and also Celebration, where he devoted himself selflessly to make it a great experience for others.  He truly embodies our motto "unquestioned loyalty".

TK-8020 "Daetrin"
Detachment Founder | DL

He was the one who first asked me to become an Attache, and helped me immensely with my endless questions during my first build.  I also credit him with inspiring me to take my E-11 to the nth degree by following his incredible build thread.  Hopefully things will smooth out soon and he can continue to be an integral part of the FISD.

TK-10963 "justjoseph63"
FISD Attache Ambassador

Tim - Thank you for everything that you have done for so many of us on this great forum over the years.  It has been a honor to serve on staff with you this year.  I remember the excitement you shared with us in your build thread when you got your BBB from the UPS man.  Hopefully life settles down soon and you can find the time to bring that excitement back to us.

TK-10466 "starsaber25"

FISD Provost Marshall

CAt4BOO.png

In the wake of Tim's needing to step in to a sinecure, there has been a vacuum in the XO role.  The masses have raised their voices, and I have heard them.  "Tolo!  Tolo!  Tolo!" they cry, and the clamor is such that it must be demanded.

Either that or I pulled a Tarkin and just appointed the first person who raised his hand.   Anyway, I'm really excited to appoint Eric as the newest FISD XO. He comes pre-equipped with all the necessary qualifications: FISD Provost & LCOG = sound judgement in a crisis, FISD tenure = he already knows you folk, and as an added bonus he already has the necessary admin privileges and hasn't broken anything.  Yet.

The pay as you know will be increased over his current salary, and he gets to have some new shiny on his beret.  And, access to the executive latrine, which is quite snazzy.

Please join me in a round of drinks to our newest XO, Eric (Tolo, aka the other Eric)

photo-thumb-2.jpg

Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader

ndJOxqC.png

Back in the old dark early days when dinosaurs roamed the earth, well maybe not that long ago, FISD command had a whole photoshop team in place to crank out all those images for new CRL's - it was a huge deal, but never had 3 CRL's gone live at the same time. FISD is so very fortunate to have members around the world chip in and contribute their time, talents, and patience to helping get these through. Members of the Philippines Garrison in particular photographed a lot of parts and got them CRL ready which was a huge boost. 

These days we see a lot of facebook build groups but this is one of the reasons detachments are here, to work with members to get CRL's ready to submit to the Legion Membership Office, without you the members involved here on FISD the process would take so much longer, well done to not only everyone directly involved in these 3 CRL's but to all of you the membership, without you all there would not be a FISD.

Without further adieu we welcome to the detachment roster:

qMZQayf.png

Rogue One Stormtrooper - R1

As sometimes happens this particular CRL was painful to get all the way though.  We had lots of fits and starts, and it's unusual that it would take most of a year after a movie to come out for us to get it live.

This is a pretty cool costume and not only will it be a distinct TK unto itself, it is also the basis of the Jeddha trooper.  So like Stormtroopers and Sandtroopers, you can have fun going dirty or staying clean.

So, if you have done this costume, go bug your GML to get approved.  If you have not started one, kits are on sale and make great additions to your costume hobby.

Many members helped with this CRL but two that definitely stood out: Jim TK82480 1st approved, who was the power behind bringing this costume to life with his talent, hard work and creativity and also Henry TK80421 for his work with the blaster reference.

sVmU2CC.png

The Last Jedii Stormtrooper - TLJ

Once again, Jim TK82480 1st approved & members of the Philippine Garrison worked quickly to bring this costume to life and get all the photos set up.  We are grateful to their contributions to FISD.

Kudo's as well to the Legion LMO team for making this possible.

3NI0rtX.png

The Last Jedi Executioner Stormtrooper - TLJE

Numerous people helped bring this costume to life and contributed to the CRL, but the 3 troopers who really helped make it possible are:

Glen TK85421 1st approved , Kit TK44840 CRL model & Jim TK82480 armor maker.

Without their diligence, persistence, and true grit, this costume would still be sitting in draft form. Congratulations to Glen, Kit, and Jim on a job well done, and thank you for your service to FISD and the Legion.

It is still amazing that people can do their Rogue One builds in confidence knowing there is no longer a moving target. People who have already done an FOTK can see quickly what few parts/mods are needed to having a The Last Jedi TK ready to go with plenty of time to finish before the movie. Or, go full on TLJ Executioner. What a fantastic time to be a Legion Stormtrooper.

photo-thumb-2.jpg

Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader & Founder

UGaNEob.png

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/synaptyx/FISD_medal_grey-white-blue_silver.png

The FISD Achievement Award program was created to recognize outstanding achievement or meritorious service to FISD, these are not presented very often and they are only awarded by the Detachment Leader.

tk82480a_head.jpg

It is my pleasure to award Jim Tripon TK-82480 (aka jimmiroquai) who has made substantial contributions to the Legion and FISD in particular by bringing to life the Rogue One Stormtrooper and The Last Jedi costumes as well.  His creativity, energy, and dedication to Stormtrooper costuming has earned him special recognition in service to the Legion community.  In recognition, I am please to award Jim the FISD Achievement Medal.  Well earned, and we as a costuming club are thankful to you and all you continue to do, congratulations Jim.

photo-thumb-2.jpg

Paul Hoeffer

TK8020 “Daetrin”

FISD Detachment Leader & Founder

C65a8bI.png

qncj7lv.png

501st Legion Census began on 1st October and it is well underway, it is the responsibility of all 501st approved members to fill out the census each year which you can find here

You must be registered on the main forums to participate in the census:here

Here's what the charter says about activity definitions: Operations Protocol/Membership
An Active Member is defined as a member in good standing who meets the following requirements:

• Meets all 501st Membership Requirements (i.e. ownership of an approved costume, is over 18 years of age, etc).
  • Has an approved membership record in the 501st Legion Membership Database
  • Maintains active contact with their Garrison CO or GML. Active contact and participation will be confirmed during the annual Legion Census held each year during the month of October.
  • Maintains contact information/membership record in the 501st Legion database either through their Garrison CO or GML.
  • Participates in at least one Garrison or Legion activity per year while wearing an approved 501st costume owned by said member as recorded in the Legion Census. (One year is defined as the period from Legion Census to Legion Census). Examples of an activity include, but are not limited to conventions, charity events, or any activity designated as an official event by a coordinating administrative unit of the Legion.
  • Members who serve in military branches are exempt from activity level requirements if their service renders them unable to meet these requirements.

These Minimum Activity Level Requirements should be administered as justly and with as much common sense as possible.

A member may retain active status, even if they do not meet all of the requirements listed above at the discretion of their unit Commanding Officer or Legion Command.

Filling out the census only takes a few minutes and you also have the opportunity to update your contact information ie: address, email, phone and so on.

The LAST EVENT TROOPED is the most important piece of data. If it is not within the last 12 months of the census, you may be marked RESERVE, which will mean you will not be able to vote in the next election.

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

GEEhHT8.png

G1hmrip.png

If you are a full FISD member it is important if you wish to vote in the elections (February 2018), specifically for your detachment that you are affiliated to FISD (or any other detachments depending on your approved costumes).

Normally affiliation is set by your GML once a costume is approved (it would then read PENDING) next there is an automatic synchronization on the 501st boards usually once a year (before elections start in February) which approves the affiliation and it would change to (APPROVED), in a few cases though this can be missed.

To check if you are affiliated to a specific detachment go to the 501st forum, look on the left side menu, click on the Member DB link, then Your Profile Data, go to the bottom of the page to Your Unit Affiliation and make sure First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (Approved) is there, if it is there and marked as (Pending) you can contact the detachment leader of FISD and ask for it to be approved. If you find it is not there at all or any other detachment you should be affiliated too, then contact your GML (garrison membership liaison) and ask to be affiliated them.

PLEASE NOTE to stay affiliated with a detachment and to qualify to participate in detachment elections you need to have logged into our forums at least once during the previous year. 

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

JDG5Hex.png

urtc7oN.jpg

What are you wearing?

An interesting thread was started last year by Paul our DL asking members to post what armor they wore, amazing to see how many more makers there are of armor compared to a few years ago as well as the totals of troopers wearing them. If you haven't already added your info to the thread you can find it here.

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

LHOi2Sc.png

First and foremost, thank you to all the troopers who continue to contribute to the Field Training Exercises. I have loved reading through these reports, as much as I enjoy our Detachment Newsletter. This past month of reports has made my job very tough, as so many exemplify why we volunteer for the Legion. Keep these photos and stories coming Troopers as well as a big salute to you all!!!

Without further ado...

Honoring

Mike - TK 82666

“We got a lot of smiles but this is my favorite.”

f1363774f5c84cc3928e6f1cd8ae1aa2.jpg

Aaron Gibson
TK99725
"Pyrates"
Imperial Propaganda Department

KrmrsH2.png

A new monthly item that lists a few unusual facts about the SW franchise.

This month:  "Our leader"...

1.  According to the 1977 U.S. Census, 29 newborns were named Darth.  In 2014, the name Anakin was given to 218.

2.  Anakin Skywalker meets 6 out of 9 criteria to be diagnosed for BDP, (Borderline Personality Disorder).  One more than required.

3.  The overhead shot of a badly burned Anakin in E.III (ROTS) shows him lying on a large Imperial Cog shaped platform.

4.  When Darth Vader has Captain Antilles by the neck, the sound was created by crushing walnut shells.

5.  Jake Lloyd (young Anakin) became addicted to cough syrup during filming of Episode I (TPM).

6.  Darth Vader was the first character created by George Lucas for the original story, but only has 12 minutes of actual screen time in ANH

7.  Dave Prowse and James Earl Jones never met each other.

PjqNQvT.png

As our XO Tim pointed out in last month's newsletter we had just tipped over the 5000 mark of approved Stormtroopers in the Legion. Being the most iconic character in the Star Wars universe it is not surprising, but what versions of Stormtrooper are they?

According to the recent database there are 5125 Stormtroopers, which is 22.92% of all approved 501st costumes, here is the breakdown of those:

tdhjL5n.png

pXx5zoP.png

Some of you may have noticed in the table some interesting facts, out of the 18 approved Phasma's 4 are male, that's right the 501st doesn't discriminate when it comes to a characters gender in costumes, so don't think you can't build a costume just because of your gender, although we are yet to see a male Legacy Era Stormtrooper.

Paul our DL noted that there are more First Order stormtroopers than ESB which is a surprise as there is not a lot needed to swap out an ANH to ESB version, I have done it myself, could be worth a look for some of you. No prizes for guessing which version is Paul's favourite ;).

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

39ZpmAs.png

A0X6vQV.png

Okay, Troopers, it's time for another contest!  

We are asking those of you with mad artistic/design talents to come up with the official FISD "EIB March to 1000" patch design.  The competition will begin Oct. 16th and will run until Nov.13th, at which time a poll will be opened so that everyone can vote on the design they like best.  The winner will be announced in the Dec. newsletter.

To enter, simply click on the link below.  There is no limit to the number of designs you can enter, and the shape can be round, chevron, etc.

The winner will receive a free patch of their winning design and 501st car decal along with some other cool swag, but most importantly, bragging rights!

We are also working on an exclusive coin for EIs only to coincide with the patch, so if you are considering taking your armor to the next level now is the time to get those EI submissions in!

LINK TO CONTEST:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43122-ei-march-to-1000-patch-design-contest/

For those wishing to incorporate the EIB banner into their design here is the image:

Zzea6qi.png

Want Your Troop to be Included?

Post your troop report in the Field Training Exercises section here

Those with troop logs please post a separate troop report as it is easier to link too.

September

Force Friday II at Toys R Us Cannington

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/8046/RgFcTK.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/1769/LvZotX.jpg

More here

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, TK85421

Force Friday II at Zing Mandurah

Xsg0mNN.jpg

5evoXQv.jpg

More here

By: Glen, gmrhodes13, TK85421

Ottawa Pride Parade

Y08fPQ5.jpg

More here

By: Mark, sylverband, TK69323

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

qvtgYL4.png

http://i.imgur.com/REASe78.jpg

Are you an approved TK that spends more time on the boards than the average Trooper?  Do you enjoy using your knowledge to help out future and existing Troopers?  If so, we would like to invite you to join the Imperial Attache program!

Members of the I.A. team are chosen to help out not only those here on the boards, but on a local level as well.  Our aim is to have at least one in each and every Garrison, Squad and Outpost in the entire legion to be the eyes and ears of the FISD on a local level.

A suggested level of EIB or above is preferred, as part of the duties include assisting those aiming for levels 2 and 3, but is not a requirement.  Being active on the boards on a regular basis and helping out where you can is, though.  

Some of the benefits:

1.  Access to exclusive Attache merch., including patches, etc.

2.  Having the Imperial Attache title under your name.

3.  Being a part of the team that welcomes new and prospective members of the FISD.

4.  Being the "go-to" person in your Garrison, Squad or Outpost.

5.  Exclusive access to the Attache HQ area, Imperial Propaganda Machine (newsletter) and merchandise discussions.

We are currently in need of Attaches in many units, especially International Garrisons/Squads and Outposts.  For more information on this program, please head here and if you should have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time.

For a complete list of Imperial Attaches, go here

photo-thumb-22112.jpg 

Joseph Pedigo
TK10963 "justjoseph63"
FISD Ambassador

3sZZzAN.png

On behalf of the FISD, It is my pleasure to announce the following Trooper/Imperial Attache as recipient of the Imperial Attache Outstanding Achievement award/ribbon.  This honor is given only to those in the I.A. program who go above and beyond the "call of duty" as members of this team, and exemplify the true nature of the FISD by helping others with their knowledge and welcoming spirit.  These badges will be proudly displayed below their names.

If this members is in your unit, please take a moment to congratulate him on this achievement.

1.  Preston (Pretzel)-  Garison Carirda-  I cannot sum up this Trooper's work for the FISD work without mentioning the word"Dedication"!  He is literally on the frontlines, handing out sage advice at every turn and welcoming new folks at a blistering pace!

My bucket is off to you, and keep up the fantastic job! :smiley-sw013:

photo-thumb-22112.jpg 

Joseph Pedigo
TK10963 "justjoseph63"
FISD Ambassador

1hgspoA.png

This area lists all those who have gone above and beyond basic approval toward screen accuracy. 

FOR SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment would like to congratulate:

Expert Infantry Badge Award:

Taylor Goodson  "Ruthar"  TK 12110 EIB 760

Kenton  "darthkenny"  TK 61399  EIB 761

GREAT job on your approval, now on to Level 3!

Request your free EIB certificate here

Centurion Badge Award:
http://www.whitearmor.net/eib/centurion_badge.png

Joshua Hitt  "hittman"  TK 11051  Centurion 351

Alberto Oscarelli  "Albaz"  TK 20055  Centurion 352

Outstanding job on reaching Centurion, troopers!

Request your free Centurion certificate here  

If you see any of these Troopers around your Garrison or Squad, be sure to congratulate them!

photo-thumb-22112.jpg 

Joseph Pedigo
TK10963 "justjoseph63"
FISD Ambassador

o5imOS4.png

3aJDUFt.png

As many of you are aware, the FISD is currently in our March to 1000 program.  Our goal is to reach the one thousand mark of Troopers who have earned their Expert Infantry Badge, and although we are well on our way to this goal, we still have a long way to go!  The amount of approved submissions is increasing (almost 80 this year alone) thanks to the dedication of those willing to go the "extra mile" toward screen accuracy.  

Here is a brief description of EIB as written by Paul (Daetrin), our founder:

"Expert Infantryman status is not required for members of this detachment. It should be viewed as an optional set of requirements for those who wish to take the accuracy of their costumes to the next level, and be recognized accordingly. We're a costuming club - think of it as an award for costuming excellence and you get the picture.

The requirements will not replace or supersede 501st standards, but only serve as an inspiration for the level of accuracy that can be achieved. The standards are meant to be high but achievable..."

Besides the added pride you will have in your armor, those reaching this level can purchase exclusive EIB gear (patches, decals, etc.) and get a free certificate for your accomplishment.  If you are interested or would like more information about the program head here that will help.  You can also contact myself or any Imperial Attaché, and we will be more than happy to assist you!

photo-thumb-22112.jpg 

Joseph Pedigo
TK10963 "justjoseph63"
FISD Ambassador

L98AKAx.png

Some FISD merchandise now available thanks to Mike (TK4510) for organising these.

G6LNIMl.png

New Troopers Helping Troopers 3 inch decal, design by Glen (TK85421)

Decals are $4.00 each, shipped anywhere worldwide

Sale thread here

Also

http://powaysigncompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Cent_EIB_Stickers.jpg

FISD Blue EIB or Centurion Red 4 inch sticker with rocker and badge.

Pricing $5.00 each, shipped anywhere worldwide

Sales thread here

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

LxAOZgX.png

Newsletter

For those of you who are not yet aware there has been some changes in the PRO department, I have been given the opportunity to take over the newsletter, for some time now I have been filling in gaps of the newsletter while Tim our XO has been kept busy with real life issues.

I have a few ideas that I would like to implement as well as adding some sections that used to be included in the newsletter.

We are always on the look out for content, ideas, funny photos or even your TK adventure story so feel free to contact either Danny or myself.

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communications

Facebook

Many of you may also have noticed our FISD facebook page popping up on your news feed once again, this is down to our new FB PRO editor Danny TK-55550 - Ripper_L who has volunteered to take over the running of the page. Danny has already incorporated some great ideas so keep an eye out for some new content, if you aren't already following the page you can find it here.

The Facebook page is completely reactivated now. Within two weeks our post range increased from 62 to over 25.000. We have a weekly plan, that provides new content everyday, including old content from our forums that still might be useful or interesting and also up-to-date stuff about latest events.  So please like and share our posts, spread the word of our PROs. There is much to explore and discover within these forums and a lot more to come.

photo-thumb-20691.png 

Daniel Lauber

TK55550 - "Ripper_L"
PRO - Content Editor At Large

AXQVWcW.png

Don't Forget We're on Facebook and Twitter!

Facebook: www.facebook.com/whitearmor
If you're on FB, stop by and say hi, ask questions, and share stories!

Twitter: www.twitter.com/FISD501st or @FISD501st
follow FISD on Twitter!

Instagram: www.instagram.com/501stfisd

Glen "Q" Rhodes
TK85421 "gmrhodes13"
PRO - Communication
s

On behalf of the 1st Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment Command Staff and the Imperial Propaganda Department

JN4tHJI.png                2kTZfVV.png               Y7UThx4.png

<End Transmission>

rQktppc.png

• Like 12