Voice Altering for Phasma

Hey everyone!

I hope I am posting this in the correct area.  I'm currently working on my first Captain Phasma build and I was thinking about the voice.  Ive seen voice altering helmets but they're mediocre from what i've seen so far. They don't mask the actual voice of the person using it.  Ive found a few places online that sell general voice alteration mic sets and those work great for people like Kylo, from what i have seen. Ive been struggling to find anything that would sound remotely similar to phasma.  Have any of you ever seen a similar set that you could alter to sound more like phasma? Lets keep in mind i'm from the south, so that alone will be hard enough when trying to speak.  Should I even bother with the voice changer? I don't want to make things harder than they have to be.  After all, its a Phasma build, so i have taken on some challenges of my own, already!  Has anyone ever used one a voice alteration device?  I am just trying to figure out the best options would be.  Swing any ideas you have my way! I am open to just about anything! Thanks!

Kristen

Our Vader uses pre recorded voice files and has several push to talk switches in his glove which he can press depending on the required line needed.

I have played around with cheap voice modulators before for a Boussh which worked quite well, added an amp jack to it so it would run to an Aker amp.

Problem you will have is trying to replicate her voice, think I'd go pre recorded, seems they do at Disney parks ;) 

11 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Our Vader uses pre recorded voice files and has several push to talk switches in his glove which he can press depending on the required line needed.

I have played around with cheap voice modulators before for a Boussh which worked quite well, added an amp jack to it so it would run to an Aker amp.

Problem you will have is trying to replicate her voice, think I'd go pre recorded, seems they do at Disney parks ;) 

Thanks! The glove idea is actually brilliant! 

Definitely an idea. I was afraid if I tried to use one anyway, that it would be extremely muffled under the helmet. A lot of people who have used them state that they are unable to make them sound clearly unless they're pressed directly against their lips. That would get old fast. 

Pre recorded audio seems like the best option. 

I always find it off putting when Vader doesn't sound like Vader, but for a line TK the accent doesn't matter.  I suspect the same will go for Phasma.

Tramp has been working on a system with a glove that activates preset sounds/phrases.  He also does one with a 4 button remote but that would probably be far less practical to use.

3 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I always find it off putting when Vader doesn't sound like Vader, but for a line TK the accent doesn't matter.  I suspect the same will go for Phasma.

Tramp has been working on a system with a glove that activates preset sounds/phrases.  He also does one with a 4 button remote but that would probably be far less practical to use.

The more I hear about the gloves, the more interested I get. I'll definitely look into something along those lines, for sure! I'll keep everyone updated when I figure out what I'll be doing and show you how it works out! Thanks for the advice!!