TFA FOTK bucket - TLJ mod

tk48911

Question...I'm currently getting ready to start making mods to my Jimmi FOTK for the Executioner.  I have a spare Anovos TFA bucket...I know the design is different now in TLJ.  After reading the Executioner CRL, my question is this...if you mod the TFA frown w/the teeth...there isn't really anything you could do regarding how narrow the new design is in the face...after speaking w/my GML he suggested asking the community here...my thoughts on how to do the teeth would be cut out abs inserts etc...my other option is to just paint my spare Anovos bucket w/the black stripe just for the premier and then order Jim's TLJ bucket...I could have ordered the Anovos Executioner...but ya know...wanted to actually receive it....before I die :)  thanks for any suggestions!

It's not just the teeth, you could change the shape of the snout and narrow down the sides of the mouth a little using bondo then repainting, if you compare the two helmets closely you can notice a few of the differences, even the new Anovos Executioner doesn't appear to have all the details of the new helmet ;).

The more accurate you can make it look the better, that being said it is your GML that will ultimately be approving your costume so at the end it is really up to him/her.

• Like 1

It’s so much more than the teeth. A lot of designers looked at if/how you could mod the standard TFA helm but it’s just not 100% achievable for accuracy.

Then again, that hasn’t bothered Anovos with their new offering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14 hours ago, JAFO said:

It’s so much more than the teeth. A lot of designers looked at if/how you could mod the standard TFA helm but it’s just not 100% achievable for accuracy.

No way... but Anovos has access to laser scanned data that no one else has and they are clearly the best of the best /s

No way... but Anovos has access to laser scanned data that no one else has and they are clearly the best of the best /s

They have the data but look at the huge difference between the TFA Premier and Standard buckets. Very different. Most regard the standard as more accurate.

Their FOJE looks a little lazy too.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

It's not just the teeth, you could change the shape of the snout and narrow down the sides of the mouth a little using bondo then repainting, if you compare the two helmets closely you can notice a few of the differences, even the new Anovos Executioner doesn't appear to have all the details of the new helmet ;).

The more accurate you can make it look the better, that being said it is your GML that will ultimately be approving your costume so at the end it is really up to him/her.

ah didn't think about bondo...yeah I know it's more than the teeth...I'm not sure if I want to mess w/the mold and then use bondo...might just do this for the premier and order Jim's for accuracy...

18 minutes ago, First0rder said:

lets not forget the TD mod too :) 

well since I have Jim's kit...as does the CRL model, Kit...he just used a black spray paint cap which he trimmed slightly...told me it fits snug as a bug on the TD w/out glue or Velcro!

23 hours ago, JAFO said:

hey Jafo, oh I know it's more than just the teeth...I know it's narrower as well...gmrhodes13 suggested using bondo if I wanna go all the way...not sure if I wanna break things apart and do that though lol

3 minutes ago, tk48911 said:

so as a general consensus...it'd be some work to mod the current Anovos TFA helmet to be a TLJ...

It would be a lot of work, could it be done, I believe you could modify it enough if you put the right amount of work into it, still there would be areas that would be very hard to replicate, the public I doubt couldn't tell but could you make it close enough to pass for approval, perhaps but once again speak to your GML.

I did think about the modification myself but by time I had thought of the cost of the base helmet, the work involved (I hate sanding bondo) and what I would end up with (and I used to panel beat cars) it was just easier for me to purchase a completed one.

There are quite a few makers just about ready to put them on the market, as well as the couple who are already supplying.

Good luck what ever you decided

• Like 1

They have the data but look at the huge difference between the TFA Premier and Standard buckets. Very different. Most regard the standard as more accurate.

Their FOJE looks a little lazy too.

To be fair to my knowledge the Premier helmet was a hand sculpted piece. Even if people and anovos will want to lie and say it wasn't.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, heartstopper85 said:

I wouldn't either, KB Has a nice TLJ for $175 I would have picked it up already but MIMIC said he was throwing one in as well so I'll wait to go TLJ trooper or at least that's what I keep telling myself

KB Props is currently making TLJ buckets?

16 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

It would be a lot of work, could it be done, I believe you could modify it enough if you put the right amount of work into it, still there would be areas that would be very hard to replicate, the public I doubt couldn't tell but could you make it close enough to pass for approval, perhaps but once again speak to your GML.

I did think about the modification myself but by time I had thought of the cost of the base helmet, the work involved (I hate sanding bondo) and what I would end up with (and I used to panel beat cars) it was just easier for me to purchase a completed one.

There are quite a few makers just about ready to put them on the market, as well as the couple who are already supplying.

Good luck what ever you decided

yeah good points...I think I'll probably just end up buying an accurate one...maybe just go with painting the black on mine for the premier if I don't get one prior...

16 hours ago, JAFO said:

I wouldn’t.

yeah...I'm now leaning to buying an accurate one...if I don't get it before premier...maybe just paint the black stripe on mine to have the "look"...but not for approval.

7 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Yep just saw it on his Instagram page last night

just found his post on his page...they look great!  I'd think I could get it cheaper/quicker all together vs Jim's...since this is in the US already...

• Like 1