Strapping question

Dragon_a

How are people strapping their Rogue One TKs?

This is my first TK build, so while I’ve seen the way ANH TKs are setup (using webbing and snaps) is this the way that the screen used ones for Rogue One were done?

If you take a look at my build thread you can see pics of my suspender, webbing and snap combo in my Jimmie kit. Ping me if you have follow-up question. Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, THMAustin said:

If you take a look at my build thread you can see pics of my suspender, webbing and snap combo in my Jimmie kit. Ping me if you have follow-up question. Good luck!

Thats a great pic, thank you. 

I guess I was also asking though, are people strapping that way because they know it works (from looking at OT TKs) or because thats how it was also done for Rogue One?  If possible I'd like to strap mine the same way as the screen used ones were.

Thats a great pic, thank you. 
I guess I was also asking though, are people strapping that way because they know it works (from looking at OT TKs) or because thats how it was also done for Rogue One?  If possible I'd like to strap mine the same way as the screen used ones were.
I can't answer whether this method is indeed screen accurate, however due to fact the R1 suit's torso piece must hang from something internally i can't image the screen method could be that different. It seems to me that if the heavy flexible fiberglass torso hung from breast and back plates the weight would be distributed to the connection straps which at least in my build would be uncomfortable and make it more difficult to suit up.

6 hours ago, Morgul702 said:

In the visual guide to R1 there is a few good images that show how the thighs are connected. From the outward most belt boxes there appears to be adjustable straps that run down the legs.

Thanks, I’d not spotted that, I’ll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

@THMAustin would you be willing to make me a strapping kit for R1 armor like you made for yourself?

Troopermaster used to (maybe still does) sell kits for the ANH / ESB / ROTJ armor.

I always just bought those. They came with all the straps pre-cut, snaps included, all taped into little "sets" and labeled.

If you would be willing to do something like that I would totally pay you for it... supplies + time. Whatever you thought was fair.

In fact, you might consider selling them / doing runs of them for people.

I know quite a few people are looking at how to do the strapping and yours looks like the best I've seen.

Think about it...

• 4 weeks later...
[mention=30731]THMAustin[/mention] would you be willing to make me a strapping kit for R1 armor like you made for yourself?

Troopermaster used to (maybe still does) sell kits for the ANH / ESB / ROTJ armor.
I always just bought those. They came with all the straps pre-cut, snaps included, all taped into little "sets" and labeled.

If you would be willing to do something like that I would totally pay you for it... supplies + time. Whatever you thought was fair.

In fact, you might consider selling them / doing runs of them for people.
I know quite a few people are looking at how to do the strapping and yours looks like the best I've seen.

Think about it...

I think my wife would kill me if I decided to mass produce kits but I'd be happy to provide advice and a shopping list to create suspenders, snap points and straps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...